IGNORED

Jamie Cooper - Guard of honour

RedTop

1. As it is us City fans who have raised the money to send Jamie to the game on Sunday, we would like to give him a guard of honour of City fans to clap him onto the helicopter on Sunday. Don't worry - you won't have to endure the match or anything. It would just mean being at Bristol Airport at 10am on Sunday for half an hour in your City colours to line his path to the chopper and clap him aboard. The media will be there, so it's an opportunity to demonstrate in person that we can overcome the red/blue colour barrier when someone like Jamie brings it all into perspective. It will also, obviously, be a chance for you to meet Jamie and his family and show our respect and admiration for him and what he has been through.

If you want to be part of it (and see exacly how the money we all raised together is being spent), please PM me for details and so I can confirm numbers. Spaces are limited because it will be airside at the airport, but it would be great gesture from City fans to clap him onto the chopper we have all provided and see him off in red and white style.

2. In the limo which will take his parents to Cardiff to meet him at the helipad and drive them all to the stadium, I will be including a couple of bottles of champagne for Jamie, his parents, brother and best mate from you all, along with messages of support (for Jamie, not necessarily for the Gas at the game!)

Please leave your messages of best wishes for Jamie below, or PM them to me on this forum. I will print them out and include them in the card for Jamie to read on the way to the ground.

Cheers,

Brian

1. As it is us City fans who have raised the money to send Jamie to the game on Sunday, we would like to give him a guard of honour of City fans to clap him onto the helicopter on Sunday. Don't worry - you won't have to endure the match or anything. It would just mean being at Bristol Airport at 10am on Sunday for half an hour in your City colours to line his path to the chopper and clap him aboard. The media will be there, so it's an opportunity to demonstrate in person that we can overcome the red/blue colour barrier when someone like Jamie brings it all into perspective. It will also, obviously, be a chance for you to meet Jamie and his family and show our respect and admiration for him and what he has been through.

If you want to be part of it (and see exacly how the money we all raised together is being spent), please PM me for details and so I can confirm numbers. Spaces are limited because it will be airside at the airport, but it would be great gesture from City fans to clap him onto the chopper we have all provided and see him off in red and white style.

2. In the limo which will take his parents to Cardiff to meet him at the helipad and drive them all to the stadium, I will be including a couple of bottles of champagne for Jamie, his parents, brother and best mate from you all, along with messages of support (for Jamie, not necessarily for the Gas at the game!)

Please leave your messages of best wishes for Jamie below, or PM them to me on this forum. I will print them out and include them in the card for Jamie to read on the way to the ground.

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Jamie, havent met and probably never will. Read about your plight some time back, and knew that the RED side of Bristol would pull together to make you have the day out you totally deserve.

I'm a Kingswood lad, born and bred, yer Dads the same age as me ( :crying: ) and always new Brian

would do his sporting best, in trying to make this dream come true for you.

As it happens, the support has been unbelivable, AND RIGHTLY SO!

Your a hero in all eyes mate, City/Rovers infact the whole damn country, and when you get to Cardiff and are rightly acclaimed by the 37,000 Rovers fans or so, be very proud!!!!

I know, as a soldier, you will think of your mates, who have suffered the same as you, but Sunday is YOUR day, a tribute to our Bristol hero...........Arn.

Hi Jamie, havent met and probably never will. Read about your plight some time back, and knew that the RED side of Bristol would pull together to make you have the day out you totally deserve.

I'm a Kingswood lad, born and bred, yer Dads the same age as me ( :crying: ) and always new Brian

Your a hero in all eyes mate, City/Rovers infact the whole damn country, and when you get to Cardiff and are rightly acclaimed by the 37,000 Rovers fans or so, be very proud!!!!

I know, as a soldier, you will think of your mates, who have suffered the same as you, but Sunday is YOUR day, a tribute to our Bristol hero...........Arn.

about says it all Arn...regards to you all and best of luck the rest of the season...Phil :englandflag:

Arn,

I couldnt have put it better mate. I too am Kingswood born and bred and would like to echo every word of your message.

have a great day jamie and family. The City of Bristol is proud of one of its own!

Archived