IGNORED

Gas Chairman Stepping Down

Eddie Hitler

Can't see it mentioned anywhere else but Geoff Dunford is stepping down as Chairman after the JPT Final.

Like Holloway not my favourite person but if I was a gashead I'd be a big fan as he pulled them back from the Twerton days. Also marks the end of a very long Dunford family era, the sort of continuity we've not had at board level since I've been a City fan.

I'm not that up to date on Gas matters but I think he's reduced his involvement. Burt could the end of the era be bad news for them? QPR have never recovered from the loss of thier father and son team the Thompsons in the mid 90s when Chris Wright took over.

Views from somebody who knows more about gas matters than I do?

Tbf, I can't realistically see how thing's can get any much worse for them, they have been at their lowest ebb of all time for the last six years - and that's saying something!

The Dunford's have been roundly criticised for a perceived lack of ambition by dissalusioned fans ever since I can remember. There was also the conspiracy that they didn't 'want' to go up when they comically through away the last 10 games that season. 83 points I believe and not in the Play-offs - harsh, but funny.

There is also I believe growing resentment amongst the long-standing grass route support of the Club, The People feeling disconnected and under-valued. Something went off leading to the resignation of their SC's Chairman. Not happy campers as far as I can see.

I think like the majorety of Club's without significant investment they will struggle but we'll see how the new Chair fairs, they stuck with tradition and flogged their best assett in Junior Agogo and I don't think they've got anyone else on the horizon.

I always get the impression that that Paul Trollop has got his head screwed on and he has an experianced chap alonside him but you're always going to be restricted without the quality of player ...... RedTop was saying the Football was dire when he recently had the ordeal of witnessing them, losing at home to Wrexham when you're hanging on by a thread infront of just 4700 Blue few can't be legislated for. Not pretty for them it does seem.

Be interesting to see how they get on with the new ground, if it ever does arrive. Could be an Oxford, a Reading (for want of a more realistic comparison - Swansea maybe) or a Darlington effect. Who know's ?

Having said all this, opinion is split from one sadsag to another, like with City there are varied school's of thought.

Sorry not to be more informed but if you're that interested have a little nose around their forum, you must register first though.

Tbf, I can't realistically see how thing's can get any much worse for them, they have been at their lowest ebb of all time for the last six years - and that's saying something!

The Dunford's have been roundly criticised for a perceived lack of ambition by dissalusioned fans ever since I can remember. There was also the conspiracy that they didn't 'want' to go up when they comically through away the last 10 games that season. 83 points I believe and not in the Play-offs - harsh, but funny.

There is also I believe growing resentment amongst the long-standing grass route support of the Club, The People feeling disconnected and under-valued. Something went off leading to the resignation of their SC's Chairman. Not happy campers as far as I can see.

I think like the majorety of Club's without significant investment they will struggle but we'll see how the new Chair fairs, they stuck with tradition and flogged their best assett in Junior Agogo and I don't think they've got anyone else on the horizon.

I always get the impression that that Paul Trollop has got his head screwed on and he has an experianced chap alonside him but you're always going to be restricted without the quality of player ...... RedTop was saying the Football was dire when he recently had the ordeal of witnessing them, losing at home to Wrexham when you're hanging on by a thread infront of just 4700 Blue few can't be legislated for. Not pretty for them it does seem.

Be interesting to see how they get on with the new ground, if it ever does arrive. Could be an Oxford, a Reading (for want of a more realistic comparison - Swansea maybe) or a Darlington effect. Who know's ?

Having said all this, opinion is split from one sadsag to another, like with City there are varied school's of thought.

Sorry not to be more informed but if you're that interested have a little nose around their forum, you must register first though.

Ta, I will go over there. Fairly interesting times for them.

Archived