IGNORED

Playoff finals not at Wembley

Redminster

• Admin

Can't see the FA playing anywhere other than Wembley now it has its licence !

They will want to start bringing money via their own stadium rather than hiring someone elses stadium for the weekend.

Three games in three days would be a massive money spinner for the FA, and by then the FA Cup final would have been hosted in front of a full house.....

You could see the FA Vase final being played infront of two teams that are used to playing infront of one man and his dog, but Wembley would sell out with people just wanting to get into the stadium . . . .

NB I imagine Forest would take a good following there aswell !

Can't see the FA playing anywhere other than Wembley now it has its licence !

They will want to start bringing money via their own stadium rather than hiring someone elses stadium for the weekend.

Three games in three days would be a massive money spinner for the FA, and by then the FA Cup final would have been hosted in front of a full house.....

You could see the FA Vase final being played infront of two teams that are used to playing infront of one man and his dog, but Wembley would sell out with people just wanting to get into the stadium . . . .

NB I imagine Forest would take a good following there aswell !

But the playoffs arent the FA's there the Football Leagues so up to the football league where they play the final is to be held.

sky sports were advetising the play offs being played at wembley anyway why would they not have it there it's ready

Because, the way that article is phrased, the FA Trophy and Vase Finals are mentioned which are far less important matches than the playoff finals which aren't mentioned, plus it talks about a "reduced capacity" for the Trophy and Vase matches.

And as it turns out, Collis has seen/heard confirmation that they will be at Cardiff! :innocent06:

By the way, barring disaster, I think we won't need the playoffs......

Because, the way that article is phrased, the FA Trophy and Vase Finals are mentioned which are far less important matches than the playoff finals which aren't mentioned, plus it talks about a "reduced capacity" for the Trophy and Vase matches.

And as it turns out, Collis has seen/heard confirmation that they will be at Cardiff! :innocent06:

By the way, barring disaster, I think we won't need the playoffs......

There is a link to it in the BBC Article you mentioned :laugh:

• Admin
I did read somewhere that Wales were playing NZ at the Millennium Stadium in a friendly on the weekend of the play-off finals.

"The FAW has confirmed that a Nationwide Friendly international will be played against New Zealand at the Racecourse, Wrexham on Saturday 26th May 2007. The game will kick off at 3pm."

On the bbc gossip page today, it said this. The Football League is set to follow the Football Association's lead and announce that the play-offs will be staged at the new Wembley Stadium. (Daily Telegraph)

I am sure I read on the official site a few months back that the finals had been confirmed for Cardiff. I suppose now Wembley has got through safety checks its now a distinct possibility that they will be confirmed at Wembley.

The telegraph is usually a good source as well.

I am sure I read on the official site a few months back that the finals had been confirmed for Cardiff. I suppose now Wembley has got through safety checks its now a distinct possibility that they will be confirmed at Wembley.

The telegraph is usually a good source as well.

i was fairly sure that i read they were going to be in cardiff a while back, but things may have changed

I was at Wembley on Saturday for the England u21s V Italy (3-3).

I have got to be honest, I was not as impressed as I thought I would be.... And I prefer the Millennium!

Would be happy to stay at Millennium for finals (shame its in Wales though).

I was there also, and thought it was much better than the Millennium, well worth the 7 year wait!!

Coming out of the tube station for the first time with the arch in your eye line was amazing.

Sort out the coffee machine add a few more programme sellers and it will be magical.

(besides the Millennium will forever be associated with those B**&Y Brighton fans)

The Football League have confirmed that this season's play-off finals will take place at Wembley.

Brent Council granted Wembley a safety certificate after two successful ramp-up games, with the move allowing the stadium to play host to major events.

The Football Association confirmed earlier in the week that the FA Cup final would take place at Wembley and The Football League have now followed suit by confirming their end of season finals will be staged at the North London venue.

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney said: "This is the news for which supporters of League clubs have been waiting.

"Knowing their club could get to play at the new Wembley is sure to provide an extra edge to what is already shaping up to be a very exciting end-of-season run-in."

Wembley managing director Alex Horne added: "We are looking forward to welcoming back the Coca-Cola Football League play-offs at the end of May.

"As the final hurdle in the season-long race for promotion, these are exciting and critical matches and we are delighted that they will be returning to Wembley this year."

The Millennium Stadium has proved a more than able deputy during Wembley's redevelopment and the Cardiff venue will play host to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final between Bristol Rovers and Doncaster on Sunday.

Mawhinney added: "I would like to place on record the League's thanks to The Millennium Stadium and the people of Cardiff for providing such a wonderful home to our finals over these last seven seasons."

Archived