IGNORED

It's war - US preparing to go into Iran

Eddie Hitler

I think it's a scare story, they don't have the assetts in place to bite off a chunk that big.

No, but a few unannounced missile strikes like Reagan launched on Libya are not out of the question.

I'm interested in what they would call the new country, how about:

Afghaniraqiran.

Cue the Flock of Seagulls if it does happen.

Don't you mean - quick forge your birth certificate's birthdate !!!!

If the USA invades Iran then it could mean anyone under the age of 35 years in this country getting called up to fight as well. :preacher:

Unless you're Tony Blair's older son Euwen in which case you'll be allowed to stay on holiday in the Bahamas.

Iraq was the mistake to end all mistakes by tweedledum and tweedledee, but Iran is a different ball game. The nutcase running there is hellbent on wiping Israel out, and taking control of the region.

Get rid of him. good riddance. Iranians may get a chance to show what they can acheive after gettin rid of all mullahs, and their fellow religious fruitcakes.

No, but a few unannounced missile strikes like Reagan launched on Libya are not out of the question.

I'm interested in what they would call the new country, how about:

Afghaniraqiran.

Cue the Flock of Seagulls if it does happen.

Why?

Do you think that their hairdoooooo's might help?

Mind you 'It's not me talking'

Iraq was the mistake to end all mistakes by tweedledum and tweedledee, but Iran is a different ball game. The nutcase running there is hellbent on wiping Israel out, and taking control of the region.

Get rid of him. good riddance. Iranians may get a chance to show what they can acheive after gettin rid of all mullahs, and their fellow religious fruitcakes.

Bloody Hell !!!! World War 3 here we come. :mf_sleep:

Why?

Do you think that their hairdoooooo's might help?

Mind you 'It's not me talking'

Their song "I ran", though if memory serves you are a music whiz so knew that.

Surely the reasons for "doing" Iran are exactly the same as for Iraq. They have the potential to do serious damage and they are thought likely to follow through on their threats. IMHO action against Iran would just make an (even more) enormous mess of the whole region and you'd have a terrorist hotbed like the horn of Africa but with oil money and perhaps nuclear technology. If we're going to "do" Iran then add Syria and a post-Musharref Pakistan into the mix.

My take is I find Iran bloody annoying but at least it's stable. Military action would make many of us feel better but it would destabilise the whole region and we would be sorting out the resultant mess for another 20 years. Not worth it.

Latest is US pre-emptive air strike planned for next Friday (6 April).

If it doesn't happen I will be back with an edit!

Yes because you'd know about it if it was!

An invasion wont take place because of the huge scale of the country.

OC, your talking rubbish mate.

Bloody Hell !!!! World War 3 here we come. :mf_sleep:

Get it done sooner rather than later Gobbers. The mad mullahs aint got a bomb YET. god help any of us, specially Israel if they do. another Nazi Germany in the making here-racist, fanatically religious. GREAT!

what they're doing to the sailors and marines they hijacked is illegal under the Geneva convention (and thats just 15 people FFS)

Saddam 1991 re-visited. as usual the French, Germans, Spanish,Italians, Greeks, & Belgians are nowhere to be seen

Get it done sooner rather than later Gobbers. The mad mullahs aint got a bomb YET. god help any of us, specially Israel if they do. another Nazi Germany in the making here-racist, fanatically religious. GREAT!

what they're doing to the sailors and marines they hijacked is illegal under the Geneva convention (and thats just 15 people FFS)

Saddam 1991 re-visited. as usual the French, Germans, Spanish,Italians, Greeks, & Belgians are nowhere to be seen

Strangely enough the French military presence in France is actually very high. Perhaps thats why they can't be seen anywhere else !!

Mmmm, not so sure myself, I suppose time will tell !

I just reckon eveyone should just lighten up on this subject and pay a visit to the Red Goblin Corner of the Subcider website. Also read the topic....."I'm considering joining the United States Marine Corp......can't wait to get in there"...... :winner_third_h4h: ........

http://www.subcider.co.uk/subb/index.php?showforum=11

I just reckon eveyone should just lighten up on this subject and pay a visit to the Red Goblin Corner of the Subcider website. Also read the topic....."I'm considering joining the United States Marine Corp......can't wait to get in there"...... :winner_third_h4h: ........

http://www.subcider.co.uk/subb/index.php?showforum=11

Read his posts all the time on the Subbers and must say "I'm in" !!

Their song "I ran", though if memory serves you are a music whiz so knew that.

Surely the reasons for "doing" Iran are exactly the same as for Iraq. They have the potential to do serious damage and they are thought likely to follow through on their threats. IMHO action against Iran would just make an (even more) enormous mess of the whole region and you'd have a terrorist hotbed like the horn of Africa but with oil money and perhaps nuclear technology. If we're going to "do" Iran then add Syria and a post-Musharref Pakistan into the mix.

My take is I find Iran bloody annoying but at least it's stable. Military action would make many of us feel better but it would destabilise the whole region and we would be sorting out the resultant mess for another 20 years. Not worth it.

War, huh, yeah

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Uh-huh

War, huh, yeah

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again, y'all

War, huh, good God

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Listen to me