IGNORED

Glos cup withdrawl

phantom

• Admin

Reading on the official news site that we have withdrawn from this seasons Gloucester cup.

We were due to play Rovers but due to the extended runs in the JPT, FA Cup etc this season the clubs have not been able to arrange a date.

As a result Cinderford (who winners would have played) receive a bye.

I have no problem with this decision AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, but it does not seem that long ago that we were complaining there was not enough competitive fixtures for the reserves to play - as this game has been around practically all season I'm surprised we did not get this match sorted as a few extra cup matches would have been exactly what the reserves needed a few months back . . . .

Don't expect Cinderford are too happy they were probably looking at half decent gate receipts with one of the local Bristol league teams visiting them . . . .

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail...1003122,00.html

Reading on the official news site that we have withdrawn from this seasons Gloucester cup.

We were due to play Rovers but due to the extended runs in the JPT, FA Cup etc this season the clubs have not been able to arrange a date.

As a result Cinderford (who winners would have played) receive a bye.

I have no problem with this decision AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, but it does not seem that long ago that we were complaining there was not enough competitive fixtures for the reserves to play - as this game has been around practically all season I'm surprised we did not get this match sorted as a few extra cup matches would have been exactly what the reserves needed a few months back . . . .

Don't expect Cinderford are too happy they were probably looking at half decent gate receipts with one of the local Bristol league teams visiting them . . . .

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail...1003122,00.html

The problem was finding suitable pitches to play reserve games on, GC included. Now that weather has improved there is a backlog of reserve games, plenty to keep the squad matchfit.

PDG

Archived