IGNORED

Leroy Lita

ChubStixx

I was listening to 606 after another unconvincingly england display and I believe I heard a Bury fan claim they would recieve a fee for the appearance of David Nugent as a late sub.

For me and i'm sure i'm not the only one, the impact Leroy Lita has made in his first premiership season has come as no suprise and surely he can't be too far off an England call-up.

Anyway..... does anyone know if we would recieve a fee if he was to feature for England??

I was listening to 606 after another unconvincingly england display and I believe I heard a Bury fan claim they would recieve a fee for the appearance of David Nugent as a late sub.

For me and i'm sure i'm not the only one, the impact Leroy Lita has made in his first premiership season has come as no suprise and surely he can't be too far off an England call-up.

Anyway..... does anyone know if we would recieve a fee if he was to feature for England??

Wouldnt have thought so not playing for England. From transfer fees yeah.

Guest east_dundry_red
I don't think Lita is too far away from a full England cap.

He's scored 14 so far this season in 34 appearances (a load of them as a sub).

Andy Johnson has scored 12 including penalties from 30 or so starts.

Similar players in some respects - but I'd back Lita to score more for England than Johnson as Lita needs less chances to score.

I hope we do have an "england clause" in the transfer deal with Reading - we may be knocking on their door soon for the money.

City have put clauses in that contract left right and centre i.e 40% sell on, england call up, apperances, reading being promoted last year, reading reaching europe, plus a few others.

City have put clauses in that contract left right and centre i.e 40% sell on, england call up, apperances, reading being promoted last year, reading reaching europe, plus a few others.

...........number of arrests at bristol night clubs?

fairly sure that was for Scott Goldbourne,

Lita was just a flat £1m plus a sell on, in fairness I doubt think anyone would have even slightly considered how well he would have done at Reading let alone being considered for England

fairly sure that was for Scott Goldbourne,

Lita was just a flat £1m plus a sell on, in fairness I doubt think anyone would have even slightly considered how well he would have done at Reading let alone being considered for England

You may be right about that being Goldbourne, but i'm pretty certain that Lansdowne confirmed that we received a payment when they won promotion. Therefore if they put a clause in about Reading getting to the Prem, then an international clause (especially bearing in mind he'd played for u-21's while with us) wouldn't be beyond the realms of probability.

I do love how people keep coming out with "the sale included this clause, that clause and another clause", when it's never been made public....sauces anyone...?!?

Guest east_dundry_red
You may be right about that being Goldbourne, but i'm pretty certain that Lansdowne confirmed that we received a payment when they won promotion. Therefore if they put a clause in about Reading getting to the Prem, then an international clause (especially bearing in mind he'd played for u-21's while with us) wouldn't be beyond the realms of probability.

I do love how people keep coming out with "the sale included this clause, that clause and another clause", when it's never been made public....sauces anyone...?!?

source....Leroy Lita

source....Leroy Lita

Fair enough then EDR (unless he was slurring the terms of his contract when he said!). But there is still an awful lot of it... Goldbourne and Rosenior are others that have had their sell on clauses bandied around with little substance. You learn to take with a pinch of salt after a while!

Archived