IGNORED

Article Continues......

Bristolian76

I know what he's on about. And yes, its mighty annoying.

The main site has a story then an advert below it, it says 'article continues' i assume meaning below the advert. But there is rarely anything below the advert...just nothingness.

Still got some glitches more than anything. It'll sort itself out.

Glad a few realise what I'm talking about.

What a pile of turd the new site really is, for those that don't understand, you click the "Article Continues" button just above the irritating adverts and nothing happens, theres no more article underneath the advert.

Will be interesting to see if there will be anymore website of the year awards after this.

What a pile of turd the new site really is, for those that don't understand, you click the "Article Continues" button just above the irritating adverts and nothing happens, theres no more article underneath the advert.

Will be interesting to see if there will be anymore website of the year awards after this.

The article continues bit is attached to every advert that is half way down the page, it must take an extra 2 seconds to scroll down to check to see if there's any more. Hardly strenuous is it? Now I'll agree that the new pop up flash adverts are rather annoying but I can certainly cope with those non-obtrusive ones half way down an article if it means the site stays free.

And as for the website of the year comment, I think you'll find that all FL sites will be changing to this format over the next few months...

The article continues bit is attached to every advert that is half way down the page, it must take an extra 2 seconds to scroll down to check to see if there's any more. Hardly strenuous is it? Now I'll agree that the new pop up flash adverts are rather annoying but I can certainly cope with those non-obtrusive ones half way down an article if it means the site stays free.

No Stu they just don't appear, sometimes when you see, article continues, if you scroll down below the advert ,the article is "sometimes" concluded, but I have to agree with the other lads, most of the time the post stops halfway through, and then vanishes, there is just a big space left beneath the advert.

If all that makes sense :laugh:

Since you seem to know so much can please explain why every article has "Article Continues" on it if it doesnt continue?

Many thanks for the patronizing reply.

It was hardly patronizing (sic). I was just pointing out that your concerns about the site were hardly worth getting upset about. It seems to me that the phrase is just part of the site template. I don't know, I'm really not a website expert...

No Stu they just don't appear, sometimes when you see, article continues, if you scroll down below the advert ,the article is "sometimes" concluded, but I have to agree with the other lads, most of the time the post stops halfway through, and then vanishes, there is just a big space left beneath the advert.

If all that makes sense :laugh:

I think I understood! ^_^ But I wasn't saying that the article never continues, just that it always seems to be there whether or not it does carry on.

And, I seriously cannot believe that this post has gone on for so long on such a trivial matter! ! :online2long:

The new BCFC site is being trialled by PTV who do all the websites forthe Football League clubs. Interestingly enough we "won" the right to trial the new format/layout/template (whatever the technical term might be) by winning the best website!!

How ironic!

Football's all about the website these days eh?

Archived