IGNORED

Striker Debate [Man Utd of the West]

Red Robin

Again today the lack of quality strikers cost us the match,if we had strikers on the park the could hit the net we would have been home and dry today.

A draw was a fair result on the balance of play,simply because we had no end product,it was quality football to watch however the end product "scoring goals was not there"

If we go up and no it is certainly not certain with the run in we have,long way to go yet

the hardest of the top four

Quality strikers need to be brought in to score at the next level if we get there.

SL say in the sun today we can become the MAN UTD of the west,Well lets hope it happens and fair play to you if you are going to bankroll us to the top flight.

Great to see the gate filled today, hopefull next weeks should be nearly full against the swans.

Forest will be very happy with the point today infact 4 out of six against us is pretty good.

Guest ashtonyate
Again today the lack of quality strikers cost us the match,if we had strikers on the park the could hit the net we would have been home and dry today.

A draw was a fair result on the balance of play,simply because we had no end product,it was quality football to watch however the end product "scoring goals was not there"

If we go up and no it is certainly not certain with the run in we have,long way to go yet

Quality strikers need to be brought in to score at the next level if we get there.

SL say in the sun today we can become the MAN UTD of the west,Well lets hope it happens and fair play to you if you are going to bankroll us to the top flight.

Great to see the gate filled today, hopefull next weeks should be nearly full against the swans.

Forest will be very happy with the point today infact 4 out of six against us is pretty good.

If I was a Forest supporter I would be happy with the result could not understand why he took of brooker

If I was a Forest supporter I would be happy with the result could not understand why he took of brooker

agreed Jevons did sod all for me, I'd have pulled him off meself. Brooker didnt even look knackered when he was subbed

agreed Jevons did sod all for me, I'd have pulled him off meself. Brooker didnt even look knackered when he was subbed

Football's a funny old game isnt it cos I disagree with both your points. Thought Brooker looked knackered after 30 minutes and Jevons impressed me today more than he ever has! Oh well.

Football's a funny old game isnt it cos I disagree with both your points. Thought Brooker looked knackered after 30 minutes and Jevons impressed me today more than he ever has! Oh well.

Well it does go to show don't it. Jevons had his worst game for a long while for me. I didnt think Brookerman looked knackered in the second half at all. Such is life.

jevo has one major problem, pace, he just aint got none, he allways looks laboured.

his finishing is good, brighton for instance.

personaly, i think he allways puts a shift in, he defends from the front.

as for brooker, hes still not 100% and with 6 massive games to go, hes too important.

I don't think our run in is that tough.

Isnt S****horpes worse?

Gillingham/Milwall...come on we should take these.

The remaining home games will be easier than we had today, with Swansea and Yeovil falling apart..

And Rotherham...relegated by then!

here-here

Think I'm being pedantic here but that's a contradiction in terms. ''MAN UTD'' is a global brand. I'd say a more accurate statement would be ''we can become the Manchester City or Everton of the West'', both being MASSIVE institutions within their geographical context. And we can too. All we need is significant investment and shrewd management - the latter factor I personally believe we have in our lovable cockney wideboy friend (and sons).

Why the ##### nobody hasn't previously seen the potential here and injected fat cash in, pff, speechless. Maybe Steve is going to become that man.

Got chatting to a classic Chelsea Hellski fan before the game yesterday, says all the recent success means bugger-all to him and in sum he's become devoid of his once own Football Club.

What I would pray for is if whoever takes this Club into the capatalistic future can find a way to facilitate the neccessary coperate requirements and balance them with the Football traditionalist's amongst us. So far the answer seems: unlikely.

Well it does go to show don't it. Jevons had his worst game for a long while for me. I didnt think Brookerman looked knackered in the second half at all. Such is life.

To me Brooker is the one player that can fire us up,as far as I am concerned the others don't,GJ in his wisdom needs Brooker for the next six games,he will get better as each goes by,hopefully scoring some goals along the way.

For me he is the only striker that possibly could cut the mustard in the League above,sadly the rest will not be good enough.

Betsy end product was disgracefull,certainly has the pace but you need to do the business when you release the ball.

Jevons I felt did okay,no pace or power,will not be good enough in the League above.

Showumni to hit and miss for my likeing could be awsome if he was a little more aggressive and used his height properly.

I don't think you understand...it's very unlikely to be able to find any strikers better than what we had already on loan or on a free at this point in the season.

I thought Brooker played really well holding it up today, werent as impressed as jevo or enoch but they certainly didnt play badly. I thought everyone played really well today.

I hate the way people always find negatives, and just cos we didnt score say we need new strikers.

We have in my opinion 3 good enough strikers for the champ but could do with another one. But thats not going to come until next season (realistically).

We have a good enogh squad to get us promoted this season. We outplayed Forest. Now try and be a little more positive!

We are going up!! :city:

:city: :Believe: as well as a striker we need a right winger,kevin betty boo is not the answer,since signing he is not capable of beating a egg let alone a over the hill ex-prem full back.

betty boo's crosses from to deep and often hits the first defender,he also shows no sign of cutting in from the right and taking a shoot with his left foot.

give scott murray another years contract and put this waste of money in the stiffs untill he can beat a player and cross the ball,

and to add insult to injury we have to pay wycombe more money when we go up for betty boo :bruce_h4h:

I certainly think if we had a poacher (Billy Sharp) or a pacey striker (Nathan Tyson) we would not be

still concerned about our run-in. This type of striker must be top of GJ's wish list if we are to get

promotion along with a ball winning midfielder.

I certainly think if we had a poacher (Billy Sharp) or a pacey striker (Nathan Tyson) we would not be

still concerned about our run-in. This type of striker must be top of GJ's wish list if we are to get

promotion along with a ball winning midfielder.

We seemed to have plenty of the ball against Coventry. Middlesborough and Notts Forest

Archived