IGNORED

Yawn, Evil post at it again

RedRaw

Not wanting to drag up the whole Evil post against city issue again but the latest "wording" from todays paper again butters up the blue few. I know they had a big day out and will get lots of coverage but the sucking up is quite sickly....

"When Gasheads do congregate in numbers, a phenomenal atmosphere is guaranteed. Essentially a family club, these supporters know how to enjoy themselves without overstepping the mark."

What constitues a "family club"?

Whats the alternative i.e. what would they class us? Do we not have children and families at our ground?

How much "trouble" do the blue few have to get involved with before they lose their "family club" tag?

Over the past few years, they have had as many bad incidents as any other club, pitch invasions, threats towards away fans, threats towards away players, various missles thrown on pitch, trouble at away grounds

"these supporters know how to enjoy themselves without overstepping the mark"

Sorry, I may be a little over sensitive but is this some sort of subliminal dig at the City?

EP

How long before my comment on the story is deleted I wonder.....

Not long mate - mine got deleted as well. How dare you suggest that the gas are anything other than a family club. I even used FACTS regarding pitch invasions and missiles thrown this season, but I guess the EP doesn't like to involve themselves in getting the story right.

"When Gasheads do congregate in numbers, a phenomenal atmosphere is guaranteed" - funny on their official message board they're complaining about the lack of atmosphere they created - apart from a few renditions of the droning Irene they weren't exactly the atmosphere makers were they?

The "family club" tag really means when trouble kicks off whole familys are involved either in the attacking or being attacked!

Why City fans keep buying this rag I'll never know, always been blatently biased towards the sags, vote with your money!

"these supporters know how to enjoy themselves without overstepping the mark"

What like when we played the away leg at the minimal, if having police horses and dogs on the pitch whilst 'trying' to get at the City fans isn't overstepping then what is mark is? :mellow:

More Evil Post trash.

What we wanna do is forget the insignificant few and wait for our own results to do the talking.

I met a sadsag yesterday, and more relevently got into a chat with Mrs (part time) sadsag. She said: ''he loves it, they want it so much but you know they (R*vers) will never deliver''.

Now compare that to the mentality of the City, we demand it and get quite irate when it's not delivered.

I think R*vers is 'Family' -(6 fingered freaks. ie/bring the kids, it'll be fun, -no filthy minded person's interpretation expressed please, win or lose we'll enjoy) compared to City who are 'Business'.

Let the EP do their thing. The Redmen's thing is all my interest is.

The "family club" (does that mean they are all related?) were fighting amongst themselves at the Milstad yesterday.

Link

I was sat in the lower tier along the side in line with edge of area....next minute 2 blokes were wrestling on top on me...i got out my seat to see what was going on and 2 gasheads fighting...with the younger 1 having recieved a headbutt to the nose....his face was blood infested it looked terrible....i think i over heard it was over a chair...did anyone else see this???

Also there was other gasheads calling others "****iNg pr***s" which led to stewards gettin involved...Whats Going on????

The Post is always at it, just let them live in fantasy land and stop reading it if it offends so much. Its not as though Bristol is a place with many news worthy happenings everyday. Just watch the news, or use the net if you are interested in local events.

I think this article was taking the p_i_s_s a bit don't you

CITY'S HOTEL RESERVATION DOES NOT GO TO WASTE . . .

Be the first reader to comment on this story

10:40 - 31 March 2007

Bristol Rovers did not have too much trouble finding a hotel for their trip to Cardiff this weekend - they simply took over the venue that beaten area finalists Bristol City had pre-booked.The Ashton Gate club took a gamble ahead of the two-legged clash with the Gas by reserving rooms at a hotel near the Welsh capital for the final.

The Robins had stayed there before on their trips to the Millennium Stadium, but their reservations this time proved a trifle premature when Rickie Lambert's winner at the Memorial Stadium ensured there would be no return this season for Gary Johnson's side.

A Rovers insider revealed: "When we first rang the hotel to check availability, we were told there might be a problem because another football club had already made a provisional booking and they weren't sure there would be enough room.

"We asked who the other club were and were told: 'Bristol City.' So we explained they wouldn't be needing their rooms now - and we'd have them instead!"

Rovers will tomorrow be wearing the same strip they sported in their clashes with City.

Both sides will be wearing their home colours - although the Pirates will stick with the blue shorts they had specially made for the Bristol derbies rather than the traditional white.

Keeper Steve Phillips will be donning the all-grey goalkeeping strip he wore keeping two clean sheets against his former club.

Doncaster will be wearing red and white hooped shirts with red shorts and red and white socks.

It was billed as one of the most important sporting weekends the city has ever witnessed. Bristol City in a top of the League One clash with title-chasing Nottingham Forest, Bristol Rovers battling for silverware in Cardiff and Bristol Rugby in a Heineken Challenge Cup clash with neighbours, Bath.

Pretty sad indictment of sport in Bristol. A league 1 game and a lower league cup final. Any Mancs and Scousers reading that must be laughing at us.

It was billed as one of the most important sporting weekends the city has ever witnessed. Bristol City in a top of the League One clash with title-chasing Nottingham Forest, Bristol Rovers battling for silverware in Cardiff and Bristol Rugby in a Heineken Challenge Cup clash with neighbours, Bath.

Pretty sad indictment of sport in Bristol. A league 1 game and a lower league cup final. Any Mancs and Scousers reading that must be laughing at us.

it was a great day out yesterday for 99% of people...just a shame that the green monster comes out in a few...if you don't like the evening post then don't buy it..a few days and all will be back to your boys in red..then don't worry as the season really hots up you,ll be getting all the coverage you deserve..this aint p!!ss takin either,i mean it fellas..our seasons nearly over bar a miracle,just let us enjoy the moment eh?...even your own supporters get embarrassed about some of the comments you make...let us have our moment of glory ...just hurry up and get promoted and out of sight...catchup soon.

it was a great day out yesterday for 99% of people...just a shame that the green monster comes out in a few...if you don't like the evening post then don't buy it..a few days and all will be back to your boys in red..then don't worry as the season really hots up you,ll be getting all the coverage you deserve..this aint p!!ss takin either,i mean it fellas..our seasons nearly over bar a miracle,just let us enjoy the moment eh?...even your own supporters get embarrassed about some of the comments you make...let us have our moment of glory ...just hurry up and get promoted and out of sight...catchup soon.

Mate in fairness i don't throw hard earned money down the drain and paye for the Evening Post. If i see it at work and have the time i will read it. I will not go out of my way to buy it. The paper is in need of a massive up-grade. It reminds me of Vize magazine

"When Gasheads do congregate in numbers, a phenomenal atmosphere is guaranteed. Essentially a family club, these supporters know how to enjoy themselves without overstepping the mark."

Maybe not overstepping the mark, but overstepping the pitch.

Of course, the vast majority of those at the Millennium Stadium yesterday probably were families:- of fans, players, staff, even the person who once groomed Geoff Dunceford's poodle (and yes, that is a euphemism), and won't be seen at a Gas game again for yonks.

Of course, the vast majority of those at the Millennium Stadium yesterday probably were families:- of fans, players, staff, even the person who once groomed Geoff Dunceford's poodle (and yes, that is a euphemism), and won't be seen at a Gas game again for yonks.

Exactly. Out of those 40-odd thousand "Gasheads" who went, I reckon a fair few thousand would also have gone if we'd got there instead of them. In fact, I'd suggest some of them probably were there when we've been in the past.

even your own supporters get embarrassed about some of the comments you make

Oh get bent. The only City supporters who embarrass me are the ones who fawn over The Gas and vice versa. "Oh, I hope you go up", "Thank you, I hope you win in Cardiff". Truly sickening.

For some reason you seem incapable of grasping the fact that City and Rovers are rivals. Swapping compliments and flattering each other is not what we do. Perceived media bias is NOT exclusive to Bristol football, have you ever been to Glasgow?

And as for envy - don't be ridiculous. Four years ago on Friday, we went to Cardiff in this competition and won. Been there, done it, got the unofficial dodgy overpriced t-shirt.

Before you get all offended, I have no problem with Gasheads or anyone else coming on this forum, for a start it isn't my call, but don't come on here teling City fans we're split down the middle because we're not all willing to give our kid brother Gas a patronising pat on the head and tell him he did well in the infants' sports day. I'm sure some Gasheads were 'embarrassed' that you expressed a desire for us to go up.

In short, don't be so touchy.

. :mf_sleep: Yawn, Evil post at it again.........

Had a couple of hours on the train earlier, in which to read, and re-read the Evil Post!!, :read:

The "only" 2 digs at our club, which i can see, and made me think were;

1). Andy Stockinghausen's match report from Saturday, where surprise, surprise, Bradley Orr went to prison and hit a fellow player!! (when we played Northampton!), :redcard:

(Bradley, if you read this, do yourself a favour, and wear a different numbered shirt, so if you score again, let someone else take the credit, until the Evil Post reporters can change the tune on their broken gramophone record!).

2). Page 41, a taxi driver, ( aged 46) name withheld to protect the innocent!) from Stapleton, and a supporter of the darkside, named his son after Marcus Stewart, the messiah who done sweet FA, at the Gate, and who will no doubt prove his real worth, by scoring the winner against us in a couple of Weeks time!!, :10_1_108:

:farmer:

Maybe the North Bristol Evening Post has got a point? I mean, look at this family gathering. They always create a phenominal atmosphere whenever they get together - they really do know how to enjoy themselves - without overstepping the mark of course!

FAMILY CLUB ..... MY F###ING ARSE!!! EVENING POST ..... YOU'RE A F###ING JOKE!!!

Archived