IGNORED

jamie cooper in cardiff

bladder

Does anyone know if he had a good day?

Jamie had as great a day as it's possible to have watching your team lose! He was thrilled at what was organised and he was very appreciative towards all that City fans had done to make it happen. After paying for everything for him and his family on the day, including the helicopter, landing fees, limo and champagne for the trip, I was also able to write out a cheque for £888 - the balance of the money contributed to Jamie's cause by all City and Rovers fans - which will go towards his long-term care, probably an electric wheelchair which he is likely to need.

Jamie had as great a day as it's possible to have watching your team lose! He was thrilled at what was organised and he was very appreciative towards all that City fans had done to make it happen. After paying for everything for him and his family on the day, including the helicopter, landing fees, limo and champagne for the trip, I was also able to write out a cheque for £888 - the balance of the money contributed to Jamie's cause by all City and Rovers fans - which will go towards his long-term care, probably an electric wheelchair which he is likely to need.

Arise Sir RedTop!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Well done Red Top thank you for all you have done mate. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well Done :winner_third_h4h:

and also to everyone who donated!

Anyone else think that Reptop should get a nice halftime chap from the fans at the gate??

Can this be done?

I think that Mrs. RedTop might have something to say about that! ;)

Seriously though...as for a clap...write to the Club & ask.

Anyone else think that Reptop should get a nice halftime chap from the fans at the gate??

Can this be done?

Thanks for the thought, but really all I did was provide a central point for collecting the money because people who had heard about Jamie's situation and were expressing a spontaneous wish on the forum to help him get to Cardiff had no outlet to do it. What has been rewarding has been seeing how we've all been able to come together as fans to do something positive, to help a lad - albeit a Gashead - who thoroughly deserved his day, and to show City fans as a force for good for a change. And that is down to no one person. It is down to the literally hundreds and hundreds who donated, from those of you on here who took the trouble to send me cheques, to the likes of Cheshire Red collecting at Chesterfield, Potbelly thinking up the eBay auction, Arny collecting from Gasheads in a pub in his underwear, the Supporters Club for allowing me to say a few words and collect in the R&W Bar (with Jay and Dollymarie), the Supporters Trust for setting up a Paypal button, and all those who heard or read about the collection and took the time and effort to walk right around the ground and seek out the bucket at the Brentford game.

It has been a joint effort. And that has been the beauty of it. This isn't false modesty (since those who know me will attest to my distinct lack of modesty!) It is just that this whole thing has been a marvellous, spontaneous expression of empathy and solidarity with Jamie by hundreds of people who put aside traditional rivalry to come together, and its significance and the attention that is deservedly got within the media stems precisely from the fact that it was a gesture to a Gashead by ordinary City fans in bulk rather than one or two individuals. So any clap (or chap, for that matter) should be shared generally and not be for me just because I put myself up as a 'banker'. And no, that's not rhyming slang...

Thanks for the thought, but really all I did was provide a central point for collecting the money because people who had heard about Jamie's situation and were expressing a spontaneous wish on the forum to help him get to Cardiff had no outlet to do it. What has been rewarding has been seeing how we've all been able to come together as fans to do something positive, to help a lad - albeit a Gashead - who thoroughly deserved his day, and to show City fans as a force for good for a change. And that is down to no one person. It is down to the literally hundreds and hundreds who donated, from those of you on here who took the trouble to send me cheques, to the likes of Cheshire Red collecting at Chesterfield, Potbelly thinking up the eBay auction, Arny collecting from Gasheads in a pub in his underwear, the Supporters Club for allowing me to say a few words and collect in the R&W Bar (with Jay and Dollymarie), the Supporters Trust for setting up a Paypal button, and all those who heard or read about the collection and took the time and effort to walk right around the ground and seek out the bucket at the Brentford game.

It has been a joint effort. And that has been the beauty of it. This isn't false modesty (since those who know me will attest to my distinct lack of modesty!) It is just that this whole thing has been a marvellous, spontaneous expression of empathy and solidarity with Jamie by hundreds of people who put aside traditional rivalry to come together, and its significance and the attention that is deservedly got within the media stems precisely from the fact that it was a gesture to a Gashead by ordinary City fans in bulk rather than one or two individuals. So any clap (or chap, for that matter) should be shared generally and not be for me just because I put myself up as a 'banker'. And no, that's not rhyming slang...

But perhaps we should all donate to raise enough money to get you out that awful "yellow" jacket!

I,ll put the first £100 in............. :innocent06:

Brian, you ,Chesh, Arn, Jay, Dolls, Potbelly and anyone else who organised owt to do with that deserve a massive pat on the back for all your hard work. Well done, you deserve all the plaudits you get, and the Gasheads who mentioned it on here to start the ball rolling.

and Jamie get well soon your city and your team await your return

Firstly, I am proud of the compassion shown by The People of our Club and in especially those who put themselves out to organise it, I'm also glad the lad enjoyed his day and wish him all the very best for his recovery.

What I'm also thinking though is that if we start over wollowing in self-congratulation and general ass-slapping we are at risk of defeating the very point of the exercise.

This was not about us as such, this was about showing respect to the one true hero here - the young Bristolian Football fan who put his life on the line and will probably (?) never walk again, in the name of our Country.

Please take no offence from me being an objectional, uppety, preachy little irk and I will reiterate it was a fantastic gesture but any egoism derived from it detracts from it for me.

Firstly, I am proud of the compassion shown by The People of our Club and in especially those who put themselves out to organise it, I'm also glad the lad enjoyed his day and wish him all the very best for his recovery.

What I'm also thinking though is that if we start over wollowing in self-congratulation and general ass-slapping we are at risk of defeating the very point of the exercise.

This was not about us as such, this was about showing respect to the one true hero here - the young Bristolian Football fan who put his life on the line and will probably (?) never walk again, in the name of our Country.

Please take no offence from me being an objectional, uppety, preachy little irk and I will reiterate it was a fantastic gesture but any egoism derived from it detracts from it for me.

Good shout there. Everyone has done really well, I just hope people haven't lost the point of what was trying to be achieved. I'm sure it hasn't, but a good point.

Brian, you ,Chesh, Arn, Jay, Dolls, Potbelly and anyone else who organised owt to do with that deserve a massive pat on the back for all your hard work. Well done, you deserve all the plaudits you get, and the Gasheads who mentioned it on here to start the ball rolling.

and Jamie get well soon your city and your team await your return

Thanks Bucks, but ALL who helped in a small way with collections etc can only echo that this would not have happened without the massive efforts of Brian!!!!! (redtop)

Basically "took the bull by the horns", and was very proffesional in organising everthing.

Can assure you it was not easy, i spoke to Brian on many occasions, but he pulled it off, and everything went really really well for Jamie and his family.

Hence, aim the plaudits to one man only mate, but thanks for the nice comment........Arn.

Am i right in saying that the supporters trust are asking us to vote for a "supporter of the year"....?

Make yer own mind up mate..........

Thanks Bucks, but ALL who helped in a small way with collections etc can only echo that this would not have happened without the massive efforts of Brian!!!!! (redtop)

Basically "took the bull by the horns", and was very proffesional in organising everthing.

Can assure you it was not easy, i spoke to Brian on many occasions, but he pulled it off, and everything went really really well for Jamie and his family.

Hence, aim the plaudits to one man only mate, but thanks for the nice comment........Arn.

Am i right in saying that the supporters trust are asking us to vote for a "supporter of the year"....?

Make yer own mind up mate..........

Yeah, I have done. Well said Arn.

Archived