IGNORED

Calderwood thinks City will lose it over the Easter period?

Jags11

Pity about opportunity lost on Saturday but at least four points lead is maintained. Calderwoods comment about nervous City could be about any team who are in this position near the top that do not score many goals! :shocking:

Swansea defender captain Kaye is suspended but pity Trundle is back! But honestly while our City supporters have fully backed the team this is NOW the CRITICAL time we need to score more goals. Our mind set should be Nottingham are not going to LOSE any points so keeping our four point lead means we have to start scoring goals or our poor defence/midfield are going to be OVER TIRED some games and just hanging on for more help at FRONT. :chant6ez:

Millwall will not be easy for Forest this week but with their glut of strikers (Tyson, G Holt and Lester) let us hope they have an off day? :badmood:

I am sure we are all amazed at S****horpe but their storyline success is Sharp/Beckford GOALS even with a small home support!

I long to see Scot Murray running down that right wing after watching the displays of Betsy who has forgot the skill of passing a defender and shooting.

Please City give us a big game success this Saturday vs Swansea with goals, goals and goals. :clap:

A.K.T.

forests striking riches are some sort of myth. if their strikers are so good then why did they only manage one shot on target in 90 mins on saturday. stop worrying about them. fact is we should just be worrying about us. its in our hands big time. five wins and we will be up let alone what they do. lets go and get them.

forests striking riches are some sort of myth. if their strikers are so good then why did they only manage one shot on target in 90 mins on saturday. stop worrying about them. fact is we should just be worrying about us. its in our hands big time. five wins and we will be up let alone what they do. lets go and get them.

100% right, if their strikers are so good and ours so poor, how come we've scored more goals than them?

I'd be putting pressure on if I was Calderwood, but our away form of late is top drawer, who lost at home to Orient, at Brighton and at home to Donny?, that hardly looks like a team that is suddenly going to win their last six.

Calderwood is a buffoon IMO.

Talking about their main aim was to catch Scunny on the main site on Friday, and saying on Monday 1 more win and Scunny are untouchable. He didn't set his side out as if this was his defacto position.

He didn't particulary impress me on Saturday with his tactics. He went 4-4-2 until 50 mins, 4-5-1 until 80 mins and then 3-5-2. He was far more concerend about us then his own team and he is still talking.

Granted - he is winding me up... but IMO he should worry about his own team rather than us. I think alot of these Mind Games/ Bravado come from being the manager of a club with a huge amount of pressure. If it was Yeovil/ Oldham 4 points behind automatic then Slade would be able to concede a little more and perhaps be a little more honest taking the pressure of his players this way by saying things like "if they slip up we will be there on their tails, the boys will keep working hard and you never know in football" rather than being a prat and saying Bristol City get nervous.

Have some respect Calderwood, Louis Carey and Scott Murrary along with an entirely different backroom staff and 15 other Pro's may have got nervous a few seasons ago - but Gary Johnson's sides have won more promotions than Colin Calderwood's sides so I know who I would rather have in charge.

Calderwood - do your tallking on the pitch like Johnson does, and you didn't say a lot on Saturday.

After the game on Saturday, Calderwood is reported as saying: "The result keeps City nervous - and they don't cope well with nerves".

Now I'm sure that he intended this as a rallying cry for his own team and supporters but I will be surprised if GJ doesn't pin these words to the changing room wall on Saturday before the game against the Jacks and use them to motivate our team. Calderwood may just regret uttering these words ...

After the game on Saturday, Calderwood is reported as saying: "The result keeps City nervous - and they don't cope well with nerves".

Now I'm sure that he intended this as a rallying cry for his own team and supporters but I will be surprised if GJ doesn't pin these words to the changing room wall on Saturday before the game against the Jacks and use them to motivate our team. Calderwood may just regret uttering these words ...

How big a lead did Forest blow when they were top? I was pleasantly surprised by how much better a side we are than them.

• Admin

100% right, if their strikers are so good and ours so poor, how come we've scored more goals than them?

I'd be putting pressure on if I was Calderwood, but our away form of late is top drawer, who lost at home to Orient, at Brighton and at home to Donny?, that hardly looks like a team that is suddenly going to win their last six.

Because unless they are true superstars for the level they are playing at (like Lita at this level), they rely on the service they receive from the midfield.

We may well have scored 1 more goal than them this season but it has taken us a further 157 shots to do that. (Attempts on goal 06/07 (league only) - City: 554, Forest: 397 source: The Football League)

Calderwood is a buffoon IMO.

Calderwood - do your tallking on the pitch like Johnson does, and you didn't say a lot on Saturday.

he's just a wind up merchant.

he is just trying to put thoughts of bottling it in to the mind of our players. he is trying the psychological approach because he knows that if they keep playing the way they did on sat they will have no chance.

I am sure we are all amazed at S****horpe but their storyline success is Sharp/Beckford GOALS even with a small home support!

was looking at some stats for the league yesterday in the times and thought it was interesting that Sharp has scored 41% of Scunny's goals............

if only someone had injured him!

I agree with you, its a dangerous psychological game. Perhaps it represents his desperation to avoid the playoffs

In amongst all the spin, Calderwood has admitted that they can now only achieve second place at best after not winning last saturday. If they lose this weekend and we win, they can kiss that goodbye too. But if we lose and they win, it's wide open.

As long as the team are focussed and match Forests results or better, then we are up and no amount of sound bites and spin can change that.

That's all we have to do.

I know which position I'd rather be in - and it aint theirs.

Spot on; they might be able to catch us but we wont be still there when they do :smartass: we will be in Scunny`s place :goingup:

nerves work both ways.

fact is, if we do sneek our 1 goal win and forest slip up, its all over for them, 7 points with 5 games to go, they may aswell forget it.

our run in is more difficult but we can have 1 slip up, they cant afford any , despite the run in, id rather be us than them.

monday i think will be the big day, the wall wont be easy and gills aint a happy hunting ground for us either, but if were still 4 points clear with 4 games left=happy days.

I agree you are a better team than us and look more likely to get the auto spot. I would however say that we do have better forwards than you, but the service they get isn't as it should be, especially away from home with our hit and hope tactics.

Calderwood was saying similar about S****horpe before saturdays game - it obviously had no bearing whatsoever!

If you go up it will be on merit.

Archived