IGNORED

Academy duo earn new deals

Red_Mat

Have just seen on the website an article about an academy duo earning new deals with the club - but when you click on the link it takes you through to the other story about Gary and Lee's shortlisting!

Anyone have any idea who these two lucky youngsters might be?!?

...Come on, is it Tristan?!

Have just seen on the website an article about an academy duo earning new deals with the club - but when you click on the link it takes you through to the other story about Gary and Lee's shortlisting!

Anyone have any idea who these two lucky youngsters might be?!?

...Come on, is it Tristan?!

This website had a lot of problems that need fixing.

The story is now correct, it says fullbacks Martin Slocombe and Jordan Walker have been offered deals and various players, including Klein-Davies, Ledgister, Gardiner, Carr and the keeper Ballard have all been released.

Everyone surely knows Tristan Plummer was offered a contract in January but for reasons only known to himself, he hasn't signed it.

Everyone surely knows Tristan Plummer was offered a contract in January but for reasons only known to himself, he hasn't signed it.

Don't raise your nose too much...

I'm sure most people know Tristan was offered a contract, even though it wasn't publicised - including myself - however I never wrote that. It says 'two youngsters have signed...' - not been offered.

It's because they're full back we have no idea who they are!

They generally don't get mentioned for scoring or setting things up in the reserve reports so unless you've seen them you just won't know how good they are.

However, GJ's set a trend towards attacking fullbacks by these two signings which may spell the end for Woodman.

Guest Eamer

I was expecting Ledgister and Klein-Davis to be above anyone apart from Plummer on getting a pro deal.

I'm starting to get quite concerned about the Plummer deal though.

Guest ashtonyate
What in as much as who?!

Have a ###### word... Klein-Davis released? Shocked. Wheres Ashtonyate?

I'm here, the academy players are of no interest to me unless they play for the first team or likely to play for the first team. or we make money from them. If you look at this seasons first team you can see what the effect the academy is having on it one regular player and one all so ran.

I'm here, the academy players are of no interest to me unless they play for the first team or likely to play for the first team. or we make money from them. If you look at this seasons first team you can see what the effect the academy is having on it one regular player and one all so ran.

And also two million in the bank!!!

If the released names are correct then a few are surprising, for me that would be most notably Aaron Ledgister and Josh Klein-Davies.

I agree with you about Ledgister. I thought he looked class when I saw him, so I was very surprised to see we've released him. I'd expected him to do very well.

Joel parker not getting one suprises me.

The only thing to say is we don't see them on a day to day basis and probably only see about 10% of their games so i think the coaches now what they are doing.

Some gems do get released though.

• Admin
I believe so.

What I can't understand is the simple fact that these lads took the 'cream' of youth football, handpicked throughout the world, to extra time and penalties and we are releasing three quarters of them????

Not strictly true. 5 of the starting 11 that day have signed pro terms with us. A 6th was offered them but has seemingly decided against signing them (yet scored for the ressies this week so is clearly still at the club).

It's possibly also worth considering that whilst in a one-off game this side was able to hold Arsenal, they have only won 8/23 in games against their peers this season.

Interesting that the two who have been offered contracts were schoolboys, and not full time academy players?

Anyway, we offered about 7 last year, how many of those have gone on to get in the team??? :disapointed2se:

Out of the severn last year two where offered contract early ie Artus and Wilson who are the same year as Walker and Slocombe Grubb was offered a contract to provr himself as he had broken is leg and the other three where third year scholers you would also hae to put Cotteral and goldbourne in last years group so in actual fact its about four per year of wich two have been signed early on long contracts and two at the end of the season on shorter contracts me thinks

Some gems do get released though.

The only young player I can think of who we released in recent years who has gone on to make it at a comparative level is Callum Hart at Bournmouth. All the others seem to be playing at Forest Green.

Klein Davis and Ledgister were the top scorers in the Academy, and in the top 3 in the reserves. To release them , means we don't get a fee for them. At 17, surely they deserved one more year, or was there a behavioural problem.

Two things we need, players who can hit the net, and a left winger. Artus and Wilson will make the grade, imo, Ledgister and Klien Davis may have needed an extra year to develop and grow up.

Archived