IGNORED

My Dear Mum

Red Wardy

As I am miles away and unable to witness Bristolian football matters first hand; I rely on websites, this forum and friends etc for accurate updates.

My Mum wote me an e-mail yesterday (a feat in itself), which still has me smiling smugly. Fair play to the City fans that pulled this off.

The e-mail:

Dear Red Wardy,

I must share this with you, no doubt you will find it as amusing as I did.

On my way home from your Nan and Grandads' yesterday evening (having seen many coaches and cars containing disgruntled and disappointed Rovers supporters - I actually almost felt quite sorry for them), I spotted two white banners hanging down from a bridge over the M32. They were edged with red, and festooned with City scarves, and were facing drivers driving towards town.

One read "WHAT A REPRIEVE" and the other one said "IRENE, DID YOU ENJOY YOUR DAY OUT? - GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!".

I chuckled all the way home. I was impressed because on one hand the bridge was nearer the Hambrook end and I think you needed to be in a field to hang it over, and also it was only 7.15 when I saw it so they must have been very enterprising, to make sure that they caught them all going home.

FANTASTIC. Who did it?

As I am miles away and unable to witness Bristolian football matters first hand; I rely on websites, this forum and friends etc for accurate updates.

My Mum wote me an e-mail yesterday (a feat in itself), which still has me smiling smugly. Fair play to the City fans that pulled this off.

The e-mail:

Dear Red Wardy,

On my way home from your Nan and Grandads' yesterday evening (having seen many coaches and cars containing disgruntled and disappointed Rovers supporters - I actually almost felt quite sorry for them), I spotted two white banners hanging down from a bridge over the M32. They were edged with red, and festooned with City scarves, and were facing drivers driving towards town.

One read "WHAT A REPRIEVE" and the other one said "IRENE, DID YOU ENJOY YOUR DAY OUT? - GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!".

I chuckled all the way home. I was impressed because on one hand the bridge was nearer the Hambrook end and I think you needed to be in a field to hang it over, and also it was only 7.15 when I saw it so they must have been very enterprising, to make sure that they caught them all going home.

FANTASTIC. Who did it?

That is Fantastic. However having been on the recieving end of those wind-ups as a City fan (Rovers fans with banners on bridges for the playoff final and our last match at wembley vs Stoke) it makes it even better.

I will never forget one guy standing on a bridge over the motorway wearing a Rovers shirt and waving his flag at the passing cars. Still pisses me off now if I think about it!

That is Fantastic. However having been on the recieving end of those wind-ups as a City fan (Rovers fans with banners on bridges for the playoff final and our last match at wembley vs Stoke) it makes it even better.

I will never forget one guy standing on a bridge over the motorway wearing a Rovers shirt and waving his flag at the passing cars. Still pisses me off now if I think about it!

The funny thing about this is, they do it every time we've forked up, and get very pyssy when we return the favour.

Funny thing this selective memory of theirs............even a matter of what a month ago they were gobbing off with gay abandon

Dear Red Wardy,

Quality, love it. :rofl2br::rofl2br:

Would like to know who done it.

The e-mail:

Dear Red Wardy,

FANTASTIC. Who did it?

About time those p****s got what they deserve!

After we lost to Brighton, when i got back to my local (Patchway Legion), there was a massive banner on the front window reading "GOING UP? YOUR HAVING A LAUGH!!!" from the Rovers fans from that place and also The Brit pub next door! Pissed my dad off so much he went straight home.

Hopefully they will get to the play-off final at Wembley this season and lose to MKDONaldS

there was a sign on the miners arms i think saying " we will not be showing the rovers game unless they are losing" found that quite amusing

we also had quite a day,,the sange in briz is my local so when i arrived there at 1,10 pm everyone was p....ing thereselves as the sags were losing 2-0 the sange is largely a city pub,so the manager said why don't we all go and get our city shirts on ,,so we did even all the bar staff were wearing them,,hats scarves shirts,you name it it was all red and white,then we got the call saying that the minibus was getting nearer so a few of us took our pints and started dancing in the streets,,the look on there faces when that mini bus pulled up was priceless,all in all a good day at my local ,mind you is was getting a bit nervy when it was 2-2 but that just made it all the more sweeter when donnys third sealed victory, :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::gasmask:

Guest mesa boogie

The Playoff one for you guys was reprieve for the one hung over the M32 in 1995. I must say I was heartbroken when I saw it, really hurt me.

Archived