IGNORED

3 points against swansea:

Br 1st ol

i was thinking about this the other day. So whatever happens, if we win on saturday we are definatley in the play-offs or top-two.

am i right in saying that ?

we need 84 points to be definatly in tghe playoffs, as blackpool can still technically still get 83

we need 84 points to be definatly in tghe playoffs, as blackpool can still technically still get 83

If Blackpool caught us we'd still be 6th and in the play offs. If we beat Swansea we'd have 78 points, their max would be 76 and Tranmere in 8th have a maximum of 77 so yes, we'd be in the play-offs at least with a win on Saturday :winner_third_h4h:

To summarise. If Forest, Yeovil and Oldham all get the magical 2 points per game for the remaining six matches, they will have : Forest 83, Oldham 79, Yeovil 79, thats 12 points each.

Only S****horpe have come close to the 2 points a game and thats 79 from 40 matches.

That leaves City. Lets say we do worse than the other teams and our average drops to 1.5 points a game, thats a total of 9, giving us 84 for the season.

That is also GJ's reasoning, in the media he says we need just 3 more wins, thats 9 points. Another win or a draw would be nice as insurance, but the season has proved that every team, high or low can beat each other, and that inconsistancy makes it highly unlikely that any of the above teams will do better than the top average of 2 points a game.

To summarise. If Forest, Yeovil and Oldham all get the magical 2 points per game for the remaining six matches, they will have : Forest 83, Oldham 79, Yeovil 79, thats 12 points each.

Only S****horpe have come close to the 2 points a game and thats 79 from 40 matches.

That leaves City. Lets say we do worse than the other teams and our average drops to 1.5 points a game, thats a total of 9, giving us 84 for the season.

That is also GJ's reasoning, in the media he says we need just 3 more wins, thats 9 points. Another win or a draw would be nice as insurance, but the season has proved that every team, high or low can beat each other, and that inconsistancy makes it highly unlikely that any of the above teams will do better than the top average of 2 points a game.

Imagine the dream scenario of getting 3 points against Swansea and then 3 points against Gillingham two days later!

That would leave us only needing another win from four matches! These next two games must rank amongst the most important in our recent history, and I'm pretty pleased that apart from McAllister and Murray we've got a more or less full strength squad coming into them.

It will be an exciting easter, no question!

Imagine the dream scenario of getting 3 points against Swansea and then 3 points against Gillingham two days later!

That would leave us only needing another win from four matches! These next two games must rank amongst the most important in our recent history, and I'm pretty pleased that apart from McAllister and Murray we've got a more or less full strength squad coming into them.

It will be an exciting easter, no question!

5 wins and we are defo up ,4wins and 2 draws would be level with forest,assuming that they win all there games which I'm sure they wont,I'm not being pessamistic just realistic I'm looking at worst case scenario

5 wins and we are defo up ,4wins and 2 draws would be level with forest,assuming that they win all there games which I'm sure they wont,I'm not being pessamistic just realistic I'm looking at worst case scenario

After what I saw of Forest on sat, what Forest fans say about their side and reports on their recent games I would be surprised if they went 6 games without one defeat.

And if they lose one game we can afford to lose two games, which is an useful position to be in.

Archived