IGNORED

Craig Dargo

Rednready

Associated with City earlier in the season, now linked with Forest and " other English clubs " in the transfer news of Sporting Life.

He is contract free at the end of the season, but 29 years old. I wondered about Betsy being signed at 29 from the old 4th division. If these guys had consistantly good form, I would have thought they would have earned better clubs earlier in their careers.

Hope this is not old news as I've been away. However with the Championship getting closer, SL & GJ's list as long as their arms for strikers, needs to be revised and ready to go. We need some quality up front who can actually score goals.

I see he got the equaliser at Ibrox on Saturday, which should answer any questions about the calibre of sides he scores against.

Spoke to a mate of my brother who knows his SPL and he said he was very highly rated early in his career but then had a couple of seasons badly blighted by injury, he described him as very similar in style to Paul Dickov.

From a distance of 400+ miles it is difficult to pass judgement on whether he'd be a useful acquisition should we finally make the promised land, but as he's available for free and not likely to be on big wages at Inverness, I'd have very good money he is on GJ's "possibles list".

Archived