IGNORED

Does anyone care how we 'win' promotion?

greenun

Sorry if this sounds a little confusing, but if City win automatic promotion, I'd love it to be through our own efforts, following a win at Ashton Gate.

Think of the ardrenaline rush as we invade the pitch. (If we have permission of course. But hell, how do you overcome to desire to do that?)

The last time we made the step-up, it was due to Grimbsy failing to beat Wycombe on Good Friday, 1998. In the 1989-90 season, contenders Notts County drew with Reading to seal our promotion.

What's your ideal secenario?

All the other clubs in the top ten go into spontaneous administration causing them to incur 10 point deductions. City beat Swansea on Saturday whilst Forest, Yeovil & Oldham all lose. Promotion is achieved with five games to spare.

Agree it would be nice to win promotion at home but really all that matters is being promoted and I don't care how!!

'IF' city get promoted at long last this season, it will realistically/hopefully be at one of the away games (Carlisle/Millwall)

massive pitch invasions against rotherham permission or not i'll be on there like a shot

you reds!

how about a pitch invasion at millwall :no:

All the other clubs in the top ten go into spontaneous administration causing them to incur 10 point deductions. City beat Swansea on Saturday whilst Forest, Yeovil & Oldham all lose. Promotion is achieved with five games to spare.

Ah, the mind of a trained accountant - you can't beat it!

Six 5-0 wins on the bounce would be a nice way to finish the season!

But failing that I really do not care how we cross the line. As was said earlier in the season, it's a marathon not a sprint, and that goes for the final push. If we limp over the line and finish top two it is still promotion, and the reward as sweet as if we'd crushed every team 10-0 every game.

To be honest I'd except a place in the playoffs as long as we got up! I'd lose years off my life, but it would be worth it!

We have been waiting so long for this I really don't care how we get it as long as we get it. Winning it by a +1 GD would do me fine.

For me, I think the ideal scenario would be going into the last game of the season vs Rotherham, say 2 or 3 points clear with a better goal difference than Forest (so its almost impossable to mess it up!) then beating the millers, maybe 5-0, and sealing promotion, with a big pitch invasion and a party in the sun! And over the tannoy we hear Rovers lose to miss out on the play offs on goal difference! SWEET! Then I go home, chill out, watch TV and realise i've won the lottery... :dancing2::dancing6:

Would be great to see us get automatic promotion with a packed gate. But I fear its going to be at Carlilse or Millwall. But I'm sure if that does happen we will have a packed gate for the Rotherham game with a sea of red and white ready to cheer our team to victory and celebrate with a few beers and "Drink up thee cider". :goingup:

My ideal way would be away at Millwall. City need 3 points in their last two games to guarantee promotion. 2-2 going into the 90th minute, the ball drops to Lee Johnson 25 yards out who rifles it top hand corner right in front of the away end

commence chants of :goingup: and :banana: in the aisles

My ideal way would be away at Millwall. City need 3 points in their last two games to guarantee promotion. 2-2 going into the 90th minute, the ball drops to Lee Johnson 25 yards out who rifles it top hand corner right in front of the away end

commence chants of :goingup: and :banana: in the aisles

I would say the same but on the last game and Basso scoring from a last minute corner to send us up, but for one that would be too tense and two it's a tad ambitious and three thats what dreams are made for!

Ohhhhhh Basso.

Thinking back there haven't been many sensational promotion winning days

1965 beating Oldham 2-0 on the final day of the season - you'll never get closer than that - if we had 1-0 we wouldn't have been promoted. 29,000 watching - those were the days

1976 beating Portsmouth 1-0 to go into Div 1

1984 beating Chester 2-1 away on the last day - that was a good one - the winning goals came n the final minute

Can't think of any others in my lifetime

• Admin
Thinking back there haven't been many sensational promotion winning days

1965 beating Oldham 2-0 on the final day of the season - you'll never get closer than that - if we had 1-0 we wouldn't have been promoted. 29,000 watching - those were the days

1976 beating Portsmouth 1-0 to go into Div 1

1984 beating Chester 2-1 away on the last day - that was a good one - the winning goals came n the final minute

Can't think of any others in my lifetime

89/90 - With an auto spot already clinched, a great performance saw us defeat Walsall (Gavin, Morgan, Rennie & Shelton) 4-0, the one downer on the season being the previous weeks defeat to the sags.

Sorry if this sounds a little confusing, but if City win automatic promotion, I'd love it to be through our own efforts, following a win at Ashton Gate.

Think of the ardrenaline rush as we invade the pitch. (If we have permission of course. But hell, how do you overcome to desire to do that?)

The last time we made the step-up, it was due to Grimbsy failing to beat Wycombe on Good Friday, 1998. In the 1989-90 season, contenders Notts County drew with Reading to seal our promotion.

i just don't care as long as we go up :winner_third_h4h:

Answer: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Six straight wins would be nice, but a deflected shot to win will suffice in the game that puts us out of Forest's reach.

Hard work would then start between May and August building/preparing/shaping a side able to establish the club in the championship.

Ideal scenario, On the last day of the season We are loosing to Rotherham 1-0 (ok not ideal) also nott'm forest are drawing 1-1 with Crewe (not ideal).....Also at this stage nott'm forest are 1 point above us in the table (also not deal)......Come the 89th minute, a very jubious decision by the linesman allows a goal to be scored by crewe, because it 'apparently' crossed the line.

Archived