IGNORED

Strongest Side and Formation?

Dynamite Red

What do people think is our strongest team (when all fit) and the best formation to utilise our best players, since Xmas we have changed betwwen 4-4-2 and 5-3-2 depending on the players we have fit. I have always been a 4-4-2 person but I believe that 5-3-2 allows us to accomodate our best players.

Defence: We have 3 outstanding central defenders, possibly my only concern is Keogh who is right footed and playing on the left so Fontaine might be a more natural choice, though Keogh has been awesome, and Carey and McCombe are possibly our players of the season.

Wingbacks: I love watching wingers but we have never covincingly replaced Aaron Brown on the left so lots of square pegs in round holes have been tried, in McCallister and Wilson we have two players who are athletic enough to get up and down the pitch, good defensively, good crossers plus playing in there natural positions, Betsy and Murray are obviously the biggest loosers in this and I don't think Orr has the abilities required as a wingback.

Midfield: The main reason for this formation allows us to accomodate our two most creative players (Johnson and Noble), I don't think both can play in a 4-4-2 so with Skuse anchoring the midfield it give them there creative freedom to break teams down.

Strikers: A fit Steve Brooker would one of the first names in the team, so who partners him. Enoch and Jevons are completely different but Enoch just shades it due to his pace, height and strength

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Basso

. . . . .Carey . .McCombe . .Keogh

Wilson. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .McCallister

. . . . . Johnson. .Skuse. . Noble

. . . . . Brooker. . . . .Showunmi

Agree? Dissagree?

Similar post about a month ago, and yes you are right on the money with that 3-5-2.

We would have a strong bench for border line players like Orr, Fontaine, Jevons, Smith and the two seniors Murray and Russell

I think through a combination of shipping out the players GJ did n't see fitting, bringing in a few quality additions and continuing to develop the talents of those left, we have a great squad where it is almost impossible to pick a first choice starting 11.

It seems to me that we have the luxury of being able to mix and match depending on player form, injuries, suspension, opposition and anything else you want to throw in-the exception is perhaps a naturally wide left winger with pace.

This season we have not started too many consecutive games with the same line up and look where we find ourselves in the league. I can't remember a time when we had so many players capable of coming in and not weakening the so called first choice team.

I just hope this is not false optimisim and we get to where we all want to be.

I like the fact the 3-5-2 seems to give us more pace and the chance to get crosses in (not that we do anyway). It also helps deal with the 'who to play in central midfield' problem as we can stick Noble, Johnson and Skuse in there.

Murray and Wilson would be my preferable wingers, but that misses McCallister out, who I think is a class above.

So really, I'm not bothered what we play...

For me 3-5-2

.............Basso...........

.......Carey..........McCombe.........Fontain.............

Wilson.Johnson.....Russell....Noble............Jimmy Mac

.............Brooker .............Bigshow.............

4-4-2

............Basso...............

Orr...Carey......McCombe..Woody

Wilson......Noble.Russell.Jimmy Mac

..............Brooker...........Bigshow.....

Skuce would get in both sides for hard away games

i think are strongest formation is 3-5-2.

.........basso............

orr...mcCombe..carey

wilson..johnson..skuse..noble..mcallister

.............brooker....showunmi..

if we were to play a 4-4-2

.......basso..........

orr......mcCombe......carey......fontaine

wilson......johnson.......noble....mcallister

............brooker...........showunmi..........

a little bit of Keogh in our lives

a little bit of Mcalister down the sides

a little bit of Noble's what we need

a little bit of Wilson with his speed

a little bit of Carey in defence

a little bit of McCombe he's immense

a little bit of Lee Johnson over here

a little bit of ______ no hes queer

a little bit of basso beetween the sticks

a little bit of jevos overhead kicks

a little bit of Brooker hes pure class

a little bit of Skuse he'll kick your ass