IGNORED

LEE JOHNSON...

Redbarn

This Bristol City team is built on players who on their day can turn games with individual strengths, I could give an individual rundown, no I will leave that to Bristol Boy!

But, what we have got is a 20+ squad that believes in themselves, they have not stumbled into the current position, they have got there through genuine work rate. There is no one in there that I would waggle my index finger at, at the moment...may that continue for the next 6 games and of course into the Championship.

However, one particular player that catches my eye at the moment is Lee Johnson, some of his passes, shots on goal and "flick-ons" are top drawer stuff and a sheer pleasure to watch, inspirational to players and fans alike. He has vision and intelligence in abundance, definately the most improved player at the Gate.

He has suffered a lot of stick from posters on this Forum, some perhaps justified at times. There has always been the flashes of brilliance, which right now are on an upward path.

I suspect a lot of Lee's critics have taken "umbridge" purely because of who his father is!..GIVE THE GUY A BREAK. Gary Johnson is the best thing to happen to Bristol City in a long, long time. As for his son?..I believe the "apple never falls far from the tree"!

So, praise where praise is due, that is really what I am saying. :chant6ez:

A lot of our play goes through him. He's the playmaker. People moan when he gives the ball away, but as he gets more of the ball than other players we have to accept that. Someone might have stats on this but surely he must have the most assists in our team? Not to mention the important goals he scores. Quality player

A lot of our play goes through him. He's the playmaker. People moan when he gives the ball away, but as he gets more of the ball than other players we have to accept that. Someone might have stats on this but surely he must have the most assists in our team? Not to mention the important goals he scores. Quality player

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk...~200625,00.html

This Bristol City team is built on players who on their day can turn games with individual strengths, I could give an individual rundown, no I will leave that to Bristol Boy!

But, what we have got is a 20+ squad that believes in themselves, they have not stumbled into the current position, they have got there through genuine work rate. There is no one in there that I would waggle my index finger at, at the moment...may that continue for the next 6 games and of course into the Championship.

However, one particular player that catches my eye at the moment is Lee Johnson, some of his passes, shots on goal and "flick-ons" are top drawer stuff and a sheer pleasure to watch, inspirational to players and fans alike. He has vision and intelligence in abundance, definately the most improved player at the Gate.

He has suffered a lot of stick from posters on this Forum, some perhaps justified at times. There has always been the flashes of brilliance, which right now are on an upward path.

I suspect a lot of Lee's critics have taken "umbridge" purely because of who his father is!..GIVE THE GUY A BREAK. Gary Johnson is the best thing to happen to Bristol City in a long, long time. As for his son?..I believe the "apple never falls far from the tree"!

So, praise where praise is due, that is really what I am saying. :chant6ez:

I for one have been singing his praises on here for a long time - he just needs to do a bit more resistance training to increase his speed, and a bit more free weights in the gym and he'll be quality for the championship :fingerscrossed: next year.

I for one have been singing his praises on here for a long time - he just needs to do a bit more resistance training to increase his speed, and a bit more free weights in the gym and he'll be quality for the championship :fingerscrossed: next year.

He will be fine in the Championship.

One of very few of our squad that will/would.

We could start the Championship with a solid choice for center midfield. Johnson, Noble, Skuse and Artus who is 19 this year. Russell at 34 may not get a new contract. GJ said that Artus was very close to selection back in November, and made the bench on several occasions, this tough tackling youngster has tremendous wraps on him, and looks a good local replacement for Russell.

He's the box to box midfielder we've been craving for years.

Drops off and picks the ball off the centre backs instead of letting them aimlessly hoofing it forward to Brooker or Showumni. Can get get back and defend; he seems good at tracking back.

Other end he maybe doesn't have a crack often enough; although the same could be said about all our players at the moment Can bring other players into play, and quality at dead ball situations (how many times has he assisted a McCombe, Carey or Keogh goal from free kicks or corners?).

The only critiscm I have is that he tries to do the clever or flash thing too often. By all means do a flick on or drag back, but sometimes the simple ball would be a better option.

Imagine if had the left foot of Tinnion and the tenacity of Tommy Doch!?

Yeh I agree. I'm sure the fact that he is our most creative player means that Gary Johnson urges Lee to play risky balls, as he is the only man that has the ability to pull them off, and obviously anyone trying riskier balls is going to lose the ball more often.

Wherever I sit in the ground I always end up with at least one Lee Johnson hater somewhere around me who simply can't see all the good things he does in a game, and that he is arguably our best 'footballer'.

Archived