IGNORED

Dissapointed by the attendance?

KnowleUtd City

Bit of a gutter about the crowd today lads? I am still struggling to understand how big cup games and our game against forest can attract sell out crowds, and then dip back down to our usual 13k home fans as today! After all the talk and garbage in the evening post this week, we only had the same amount of home fans today as the Bradford game the other Tuesday night, dissapointing really. Still I would still rather be down the ground with true City fans like today than be surrounded by nob heads like the Play off final at cardiff the other year! we've got 12-13k true fans and that is it!

I'm not sure what the crowd was for today, as I didnt hear it when announced, but if it was between 12-13k, than where were the other 7-8 thousand people suppsoed to sit?. There were a few seats in the Williams (D and E) and that was about it. :disapointed2se:

• SC&T Board Members

EE = c. 3500 (5500 capacity, less 1000 from Swansea & 1000 City)

Williams = c. 1000 (old enclosure in the EE corner practically empty)

Family stand = c. 500 (plenty of room at either end)

That's 5,000 for you ... and capacity these days is more like 19.000 than 21,000 ... so add the odd spare seat in all other areas and you're easily there.

A very poor crowd considering our league position.

• Admin

All points probably covered above add in Easter holidays, the fact the Egg chasers were home, and the fact that we were in the middle of three succesive home games in a row (on Saturdays), honestly believe the "floating" fan would have chosed Yeovil and Forest as the games to watch, and not the Swansea one

I didn't say that I'm a bigger City fan than anyone else geez, All i was saying is that I was a bit dissapointed by yesterdays crowd considering two things, 1) the recent attendance v Forest, 2) the importance of the game.

I, like many other City fans like to feel proud about the club and like to talk to others about how many we can pull in etc, but in real terms we have only got 13k loyal fans. Just for the record I have only done about 30 of our games this season.

There are clubs in the country with the same lack of success as us and with a smaller population that pull in bigger crowds, this is a dig at the non City fans that come down for Forest, Boro, Play off final etc.

So what your saying is as I live 400 miles away, so I have to pick and choose the games I attended I'm less loyal than a season ticket holder? I have also supported city since a very young age and had a season ticket in the Atyeo for many years followed them home and away but now as I live so far away with 4 children (who i might add go to quite a few city games), it makes going down the gate a little harder every week. But I still see myself as being as loyal as the next fan.

So what your saying is as I live 400 miles away, so I have to pick and choose the games I attended I'm less loyal than a season ticket holder? I have also supported city since a very young age and had a season ticket in the Atyeo for many years followed them home and away but now as I live so far away with 4 children (who i might add go to quite a few city games), it makes going down the gate a little harder every week. But I still see myself as being as loyal as the next fan.

Mate, there are clearly exceptions like yourself ie distance involved, family commitments etc which are all valid points. All i'm saying is that I was dissapointed with the crowd on Sat, we had no more home fans in than for the Tues night Bradford game. Surely i'm not the only one who thought we should/would have had more in on Saturday??

I am a season ticket holder who will turn up to support the team regardless. However, we have now won only two (yes two!) of our last nine home games and we don't score many goals at home. How are you going to persuade "floating" fans to turn up and watch that?

Archived