IGNORED

GJ'S Final Block Of 10.

Rednready

P5-W2-D2-L1-GF5-GA4-PTS8.

If we equal that in the final 5 we will finish with 84 points. Forest could win 4 out of 5 and only have 83.

I would prefer to win 3 and lose 2 and end up with 85 points, draws are simply not good enough, and we could end up with a scramble.

Back in January I posted a forcast on the final block of 10 matches and said that 15 points might be about all we could expect, with a difficult run home. So far that forcast is on track, and imo we need to acieve 17 points or an extra win.

A retired bookie who is usually a good judge, says the only stand outs are Rotherham, with Gills being the most likely away win. Millwall and Carlisle are playing well and getting results, points there will be very difficult. Yeovil are still in the 6, and always make it tough for us. To ensure automatic promotion I believe the Yeovil match is the focal point of our final 5 matches, it has to be a win for City.

I can't see us conceding many. We probably have it in us to scrape a goal a game or thereabouts. I think we'll see at least a couple of one nil wins, hopefully starting Monday and that will be enough because Forest don't have it in them.

With Brooker, Noble, Murray and McAllister unavailable for the Gills,our chances may be harder. Add our lack of a goal scorer and the final five certainly takes on a new dimension.

Oldest saying in football, "goals win matches. Billy Sharpe aside, our division has been a goal scoring disgrace. No team has managed a 2 goals a match average, or even close to it.

As to the original post, 85 points needed, and a win against Yeovil absolutely pivotal to promotion. If Forest win tomorrow, thats all the impetus they need to get on a roll, sometimes it just takes one match to turn the tide.

Nice posts boys.

Seems Forest are starting to bottle it and Calderwood is not leading by example, which can only mean good things for us. I am not getting my hopes up yet though, although our defence is solid our strike force worries me. IF we do go up we definately need more quality.

Archived