IGNORED

Our Strikers

robins72

With all the talk about our strikers and lack of goals I decided to do a bit of research so here goes.....

Steve Brooker 27 games played 3 goals. don't think we will miss him that much.

Enoch has only scored 1 goal in teh last 10 matches.

Jevons our top striker has scored 4 goals in 12 matches!!!

So who is at fault the strikers or the service to them? Do we rely on our midfield and defence to help get the goals?

Over to you guys for suggestions but pretty poor goal ratio as it stands.

a lot of people when the loan window closed asked why people thought it was so important to bring in a striker. the simple answer was because, as it happened yesterday, anything could happen to the ones we currently have.

looking at yesterdays game, there was little decent service. fontaine is not a left back and the sooner Mac is back the better, and the same with scotty. could really do with him. up until yesterday i have defended betsy, but i think we all saw why he has played a majority of his career in the lower leagues.

i think we have just about enough to see us finish the season in 2nd, but making it easier for ourselves would of been nice.

i don't think it matters who starts up front. unless they get better service and balls into the box, none of them stand much chance of finding the net

i agree, the sevice has been poor at times when needed , too slow and not getting to the dead ball line often enough has cost are front men this season.

It's not one thing:

1.The service isn't great but that's been the case since we had Brooker & Lita up front.

2.Jevons isn't strong or quick enough, yet has scored goals at this level and the one below.

3.Brooker isn't fit enough, lacks pace and a first touch, but up to this season, was our star man, so what's gone wrong?

4.Showunmi isn't consistent, aware or fit enough.

5.Smith doesn't score goals.

6.We lack creativity in midfield and in the wide areas.

7.As a team, we lack pace throughout, but it's especially noticeable up front.

8.JMW has pace but needs experience, positional sense, awareness and more strength

IF we go up, we'll need to spend real money and replace the lot.

Looking at the squad I can see 8/12 out and 5/7 in.Those in need to be far, far better and that means SL loosening the purse strings unless we are to suffer the same fate as last time under JW.

All that and we're second....Makes you wonder, doesn't it??

With all the talk about our strikers and lack of goals I decided to do a bit of research so here goes.....

Steve Brooker 27 games played 3 goals. don't think we will miss him that much.

Enoch has only scored 1 goal in teh last 10 matches.

Jevons our top striker has scored 4 goals in 12 matches!!!

So who is at fault the strikers or the service to them? Do we rely on our midfield and defence to help get the goals?

Over to you guys for suggestions but pretty poor goal ratio as it stands.

simply not good enough,if it was not for our midfield,defenders goals we would be struggleing.

As said previously and for many many months are strikers could/will cost us promotion mark my words.

Well if you are not concerned then there is something seriously wrong with you.It will be a miracle if we make automatic promotion and if we go up in the playoffs.We have one of the poorest strike forces in the division.Due to injury and lack of ability.The thing I cannot understand is why GJ did not do something about it.Did he get it wrong or did Lansdown not fund him whichever it is we haven't had such a great chance to go up since we went down and the inability to score will cost us the chance.Let's just hope someone is big enough to explain to us why when we were so close we failed to go that extra mile.But somehow I doubt anyone will.

Well if you are not concerned then there is something seriously wrong with you.It will be a miracle if we make automatic promotion and if we go up in the playoffs.We have one of the poorest strike forces in the division.Due to injury and lack of ability.The thing I cannot understand is why GJ did not do something about it.Did he get it wrong or did Lansdown not fund him whichever it is we haven't had such a great chance to go up since we went down and the inability to score will cost us the chance.Let's just hope someone is big enough to explain to us why when we were so close we failed to go that extra mile.But somehow I doubt anyone will.

Did i miss something ?

I could have sworn we still had 5 games to go.

Yes, our lack of goals is a concern. However the one thing that eases that worry for me is the solidity of our defence. We are not leaking goals for fun, which is something we have done for the past few seasons.

Personally, i think it will be a miracle if i can come on to this forum and not read anymore negative posts before the end of the season.

PDG

Archived