IGNORED

the forgotten man

craig woodman...

last season was by far one of the best improved and has looked ok on the times he had played this season. fontaine is a decent centre back, but a rubbish left back. can not attack and when he does fails to deliver.

find it hard to believe woodman isnt first choice cover for left back. and I'm the only one who thinks this???

fontaine going off injured yesterday, get the feeling keogh will start at left back against gillingham. really feel as though woodman should be given a chance. offers a lot more going forward

craig woodman...

last season was by far one of the best improved and has looked ok on the times he had played this season. fontaine is a decent centre back, but a rubbish left back. can not attack and when he does fails to deliver.

find it hard to believe woodman isnt first choice cover for left back. and I'm the only one who thinks this???

fontaine going off injured yesterday, get the feeling keogh will start at left back against gillingham. really feel as though woodman should be given a chance. offers a lot more going forward

Spot on. id like to see woody back as well. Fontaine and keogh are cracking centre backs but not left backs. Keogh looked lost when he got to the swansea box yesterday. Thats not a dig at him but hes a defender, not a wing back or left back. Could even try noble and keogh in centre midfield. Keogh would give noble the freedom to attack whilst he sits back as a tackling, holding midfielder. Then if its not working, we can call on skuse or johnson from the bench.

craig woodman...

Obviously never felt like showing it aginst Rovers then!!

This is a joke post YES. My god the few games he has played this season he has been rubbish Forest away he backed off from the half way line and then fouled him by the box. Result Goal to forest.

This defence is doing fine hence why it has one of the best records in the league.

It was never a free kick.

Woodman was part of the best team in the division in the second half of last season, and played extremely well. He's got it in him, it's up to GJ to give him the confidence to believe he can do it. If i'd been dropped for a new bloke who'd played once, and at left midfield, in a defeat, i reckon my confidence would be shot as well.

Bad defender or not..

Woody can put in some excellent balls without a first touch, thats a left footed cross, something we've lacked recently.

You'd be suprised what effect a cross with some spontanuity can have, as opposed to a right footer just having to cut in everytime.

Bad defender or not..

Woody can put in some excellent balls without a first touch, thats a left footed cross, something we've lacked recently.

You'd be suprised what effect a cross with some spontanuity can have, as opposed to a right footer just having to cut in everytime.

He'd have to make it past the half way line to do that though.

I think Woodman would be a better choice at full back than Fontaine but let's not kid ourselves about his attacking prowess, he never overlaps and although he has a great cross on him he never gets to use it because he won't go beyond the opposing winger.

Archived