IGNORED

Lee Johnson & Charlton?

xmarktx

Reading the News Of The World today Charlton are lining up Johnson in the summer. I hope this is bull as he is 1 of the best players at this club & some1 who would handle himself well in the championship. If this is true it just shows the importance promotion is as he would probally stay if we were in the same div :fingerscrossed: :Believe:

Hmmm, don't know what to make of this rumour. Its been written by Graham Nickless. He writes crap in his column every week, but he is a personal friend of Gary Johnson - it was Nickless who told GJ about the vacant Yeovil job.

Reading the News Of The World today Charlton are lining up Johnson in the summer. I hope this is bull as he is 1 of the best players at this club & some1 who would handle himself well in the championship. If this is true it just shows the importance promotion is as he would probally stay if we were in the same div :fingerscrossed: :Believe:

LJ is by far the best midfield player at AG he is thinking the next move before he even gets the ball,I hope we go up I think he will stay,If we stay in this divsion we will loose him.

Exactly.

With 12 assists this season, Lee Johnson is probably our must valuable player.

The statistic itself makes all Johnson bashers look like complete morons if you ask me.

You miss the point

Most of the LJ bashers like myself don't have

a problem with him when he has the ball

Its the fact he has more assists than hes made tackles!!!!

Also he is ment to be our fittist player

but never seems to track back or close players down

which are both important jobs for a midfielder

he is ment to be our fittist player

Err....actually watch him play on a Saturday, and you'll see how much he gets about the pitch - attacking and defensively.

I was a bit one sided towards Lee Johnson, because about ten/twenty games ago, if it was between him and noble in the team, i'd have noble playin every time. But i'm a noble fan so its my bad.

But the past two games Lee Johnson really has been immense, and really proved me wrong. I understand now his quality will come in the championship, where he will have more time on the ball. To be honest against Swansea was one of the best defensive performances from him as well, as he did make some important challenges and really was a box to box player.

You miss the point

How the hell have I missed the point?

He is played alongside a defensive midfielder, does that answer your question?

I'm off to Gills, have fun.

You miss the point

I am amazed. Take the blinkers off.

You miss the point

Because our defensive record is so bad at the moment!!!

I really cant understand these people who knock LJ he is a class above the rest in this division & if we go up we will see the best of him as he will get more time on the ball. It seems to be the same people who knock him are the same who knocked Wilkshire who i rated highly he should never came to a club in this division though as the football did not suit his style if we were in the championship he would of shined week in week out.

You miss the point

Must say i disagree completely, the Lee Johnson i watch gets himself around the pitch quite alot :noexpression:

The only problem i have with Lee is his inconsistancy, but you get that with alot of players.

Eh? he's hardly played.

This thread is what makes people stay away from this place, utter crap.

LJ is our best midfield player, anyone can see that.

The stats back that up but LJ has had far more chances in the first team than Nobe's so the comparison isn't realy a fair one. I think LJ would get better the higher up the leagues we got but as long as we have Noble, I would consider a big bid for him if one came in...

Exactly.

With 12 assists this season, Lee Johnson is probably our must valuable player.

The statistic itself makes all Johnson bashers look like complete morons if you ask me.

not really, I am a forty year old sunday park clogger, but if my daddy was in charge of any team and I was allowed to take every free kick won for 40 plus games my assists would be pretty good to, no doubt I would chip in with the odd goal as Daddy would make sure the other players around me held back and allowed me to go forward...

If Noble or Russell had been give the same number of games as LJ they would have more goals and assists....

not really, I am a forty year old sunday park clogger, but if my daddy was in charge of any team and I was allowed to take every free kick won for 40 plus games my assists would be pretty good to, no doubt I would chip in with the odd goal as Daddy would make sure the other players around me held back and allowed me to go forward...

So Noble or Russel would have 4 goals and 12 assists- consequenting in a major hand in 16 goals this season? Although both Noble and Russel are good players, neither of them are good enough in the final 3rd to be able to produce those sorts of numbers. If Gary Johnson had 10 son's that play as well as Lee, we would be top of the league. He might be the manager's son....but he's brilliant!

Archived