IGNORED

Andy Smith

no1cityfan_tucks

Why not give him a go. All this talk of JMW, but Smithy runs his heart out and causes problems. He will score sooner than later (could of against the swans if Enoch looked up). He is the man we need upfront to defend from the front and upset other teams isnt it?

If it was Enoch and one other upfront, who would you chose, Jevo, JMW or Smith?

Thoughts anyone?

Why not give him a go. All this talk of JMW, but Smithy runs his heart out and causes problems. He will score sooner than later (could of against the swans if Enoch looked up). He is the man we need upfront to defend from the front and upset other teams isnt it?

Thoughts anyone?

Personally i would start with ES and Smithy, unlucky not to have broken his duck on Saturday and IMO worth his place over PJ on his workrate alone. Save Jevons for the last 20 if needed.

PDG

Thoughts anyone?

If you pay me the wages he is on I will happily run around like a chicken.

He has no end product.

He is worse than Bas

If you pay me the wages he is on I will happily run around like a chicken.

He has no end product.

He is worse than Bas

Nothing wrong with Bas.

Whilst he had no end product for us, he was a major part of our revival last season, whether you like it or not.

Although it is easy to jest, he is now the Div.1 form striker, scoring goals that we could dearly do with.

Wrong.

Smith does what Brooker does when he is fit - he pressurises the opposition defence which forces them into lumping the ball up to Carey and McCombe. It aint rocket science and Bas used to do the same thing very effectively.

Away from home, it is very effective and that is the end product - defending from the front and forcing the opposition to give us the ball.

I'd be surprised if Smith doesn't start tomorrow.

Ok so where did that get us yesterday??

50 games played and no goals scored call that a striker if he stays a pro he should be moved to another position

That's clearly ignoring his time in Northern Ireland.

He hasn't scored goals for any team in England and doesn't really look like it, but he puts pressure on defenders to either make mistakes or just lump the ball out or to our defenders. This is very useful because it gives us posession for the majority of the game and more chances to win our beloved set pieces.

From the games i've seen, I do not feel that Smith should be on the bench, yet alone in the first team. I reckon that if Enoch had found him with a pass back against the Swans, he would have either missed the target, or missed the ball!

It really does seem odd that a team five points clear in second spot with only 5 games left, has to look to a man who has never scored in english football. Despite their recent dip in form, I would still stick with Enoch and Jevo; they may not have

played that well on Saturday, yet it only takes one chance to pick their confidence up for the remaining games.

Enoch and Jevo for me, then if we manage to score bring Smith on to defend from the front if needed ( but not too early)

We need to attack teams and not worry about what they will do to us. Play our game as best as possible and we will win enough games.

don't forget Enoch and Jevons have scored the majotiry of goals to get us second!!

Workrate is another thing either players have it in them or they don't, hard to change lazy players to 100%ers.

Archived