IGNORED

Chris Kamara, Football Expert.

Avonmouth Docker

Trawling through the internet whilst waiting for kick off, i found this article on Sky Sports.

Quite interesting reading from the Soccer Pundit who predicts us to go up year in, year out!!.

Congratulations to Gary Johnson who fully deserves his Manager of the Month award for March as his Bristol City side won five out of their seven games to move up to second place in League One.

To take 16 points from 21 at this stage of the season is no mean feat and the Robins look to be timing their promotion push to perfection.

City's run has prevented S****horpe from disappearing over the horizon at the top of the table and ensures that the race for automatic promotion should go down to the wire.

I have to admit I was surprised when Gary took over at Ashton Gate in September 2005 because he was doing a great job at Yeovil Town.

Bristol City may have been the more established club but Yeovil are a club on the up as their performances this season have shown, so it must have been a difficult decision for Gary to leave Huish Park.

Lots of people have tried and failed at Ashton Gate, so it was a big call for Gary when he took over.

They are not there yet but they have more hope this season than they have had for a good few years.

Gary lost 10 of his first 12 games in charge at Ashton Gate (including a club record nine in a row) and it would have been easy for the board to make a change.

Coming from Yeovil Gary had to be given time to adjust to a new club and a different set of circumstances, the board stuck by him and let Gary mould the team that he wanted and they are seeing the benefits of that this season.

Much of their success is down to the goalscoring feats of Phil Jevons and Enoch Showunmi who have bagged 31 goals between them this term.

People think that there must be some nepotism involved with Gary's son Lee in the team, but I don't think that's the case, Lee Johnson is a good player and in the side on merit.

He played under Gary at Yeovil and then went up to Hearts and how he never got a game up there I don't know, but now he's back and doing the business.

They've got some big games coming up in their run-in with promotion-chasing Swansea and Yeovil both coming to Ashton Gate this month.

It's a tough end to the campaign but Gary will be hoping they can maintain the standards they have set for themselves in March and push on right through to the end of the season.

With S****horpe looking good for top spot Bristol will want to make that last automatic spot their own and not rely on the lottery of the play-offs.

And the way they are going at the moment you wouldn't bet against them.

Archived