IGNORED

Don't panic - YET!

SimplyRed

Before we all go throwing ourselves off the nearest bridge or cliff, let's consider the following:

• It's still in OUR hands - we don't have to worry about anyone else - just ourselves
  • The results - luckily - went our way today. Just a point gained back again by Forest

Now the worrying bit...

It speaks volumes for me that, when the Gills scored, I switched off the radio - I simply KNEW we wouldn't come back from that, given the form of our strikers lately. :disapointed2se:

There's still time, but Johnson needs to sit down with Millen and have a LONG think about the how we are going to score some goals, because - at the moment - there doesn't seem to be a goal in any of our strikers, let alone the midfield.

Given that I switched off the radio after they scored, I have no idea how the game progressed after that, but I'm willing to guess that we huffed and puffed but couldn't quite blow their house down. Was I right?

So I say this to Mr Johnson and Mr Millen, SOMEHOW you MUST resolve the goal-scoring problem NOW because we are running out of games - we cannot win auto promotion OR the playoffs if we cannot score.

Given that I switched off the radio after they scored, I have no idea how the game progressed after that, but I'm willing to guess that we huffed and puffed but couldn't quite blow their house down. Was I right?

yep your right hit the cross bar but cant remember if that was before or after the goal. Had chances failed to score.

Before we all go throwing ourselves off the nearest bridge or cliff, let's consider the following:
  • It's still in OUR hands - we don't have to worry about anyone else - just ourselves
  • The results - luckily - went our way today. Just a point gained back again by Forest
Now the worrying bit...

It speaks volumes for me that, when the Gills scored, I switched off the radio - I simply KNEW we wouldn't come back from that, given the form of our strikers lately. :disapointed2se:

There's still time, but Johnson needs to sit down with Millen and have a LONG think about the how we are going to score some goals, because - at the moment - there doesn't seem to be a goal in any of our strikers, let alone the midfield.

So I say this to Mr Johnson and Mr Millen, SOMEHOW you MUST resolve the goal-scoring problem NOW because we are running out of games - we cannot win auto promotion OR the playoffs if we cannot score.

Where are the goals going to come from?

The sad thing is the 3 strikers left to pick from are way out of form, and Mr Johnson really cant rely on the kids.

Its bloody worrying, but 4 games left we just aint got no choice.

Thats what we got and nothing else.

Worse than that would be the worry of the play offs.

We would struggle.

Lets hope we can take Yeovil out of the situation next sat, but their players are going to give an extra 50% to get one over Johnsons team.

And an ex City player returning!!!!

Will he move a mountain to embarass the man that got rid of him, or take a back seat against the club he loves?

You decide

Some fans are so fickle its unbelievable. Were still 2nd yes 2nd in the league!!! Ok so we lost today. But come on guys we got to get behind the lads!!! This negativity is driving me mad!!!

The difference is Lisa, a lot of the older forum members have been up this road many times before.

It bloody hurts.

We all want our lads to gain promotion, but the next couple of weeks are going to be tough for the club, the players, managemaent and us the fans

The difference is Lisa, a lot of the older forum members have been up this road many times before.

It bloody hurts.

We all want our lads to gain promotion, but the next couple of weeks are going to be tough for the club, the players, managemaent and us the fans

Fair enough but we need to treat each game as a cup game we did well against Forest we need to be the same against Yeovil. Its still in our hands. The players have to work harder for each other and the fans have to back them 100 percente. The negativity isnt going to help. Johnson will take us there. Believe. :fingerscrossed:

Where are the goals going to come from?

The sad thing is the 3 strikers left to pick from are way out of form, and Mr Johnson really cant rely on the kids.

Its bloody worrying, but 4 games left we just aint got no choice.

Thats what we got and nothing else.

Worse than that would be the worry of the play offs.

We would struggle.

Lets hope we can take Yeovil out of the situation next sat, but their players are going to give an extra 50% to get one over Johnsons team.

And an ex City player returning!!!!

Will he move a mountain to embarass the man that got rid of him, or take a back seat against the club he loves?

You decide

Your guess is as good as mine. I wasn't trying to suggest an resolution, I was merely highlighting Johnson's problem. He's the man in the driving seat, he's the one being paid megabucks to select a winning team. At the moment, he ain't cutting it at a time we need consistency of performance and accuracy in front of goal. We haven't got it right now, so he's to blame.

All I'm saying is that he needs to recognise he has a goal-drought on his hands and he has to do something about it.

Fair enough but we need to treat each game as a cup game we did well against Forest we need to be the same against Yeovil. Its still in our hands. The players have to work harder for each other and the fans have to back them 100 percente. The negativity isnt going to help. Johnson will take us there. Believe. :fingerscrossed:

I'm not negitive, I'm a realist, and think the lads have done wonderfully well to get where they are in the league.

No one will be louder down the ground sat than me, but your bound to have fans really tense with the current situation!

We MUST beat Yeovil, simple as, anything less could see the gap cut once again, and really up against it with away games at Carlisle and Millwall (two teams in great form) and a home match against Rotherham, who i hope are already relegated.

Personally, i think we will have to beat Rotherham to gain promotion!!!!!

Now if you don't bite through yer nails at the thought of that, then your a better person than me.

Negativity or realistic, our strikers are letting us down that is a fact.

People will be quick to think this is not going to be our year given that it's happened quite a few times in such a short space of time, I am one of those who doesnt believe it's our year, we've been handed chance after chance of pulling away since Bradford at home and failed. Why? it's because we don't have that cutting edge, that is a fact, you can call it negativity but I call it being realistic.

Some fans are so fickle its unbelievable. Were still 2nd yes 2nd in the league!!! Ok so we lost today. But come on guys we got to get behind the lads!!! This negativity is driving me mad!!!

Who's being fickle?

I did point out at the beginning of my post that there is no reason to panic - yet. The rest is a concern I have about our lack of scoring. This has been around for several games, so I'm hardly being fickle, am I?

I don't classify it as being negative, I see it as raising an issue about the way we are performing.

Your guess is as good as mine. I wasn't trying to suggest an resolution, I was merely highlighting Johnson's problem. He's the man in the driving seat, he's the one being paid megabucks to select a winning team. At the moment, he ain't cutting it at a time we need consistency of performance and accuracy in front of goal. We haven't got it right now, so he's to blame.

All I'm saying is that he needs to recognise he has a goal-drought on his hands and he has to do something about it.

I think Johnson will have to work wonders on the training pitch with his three strikers this week.

He will have to install the confidence that is missing, and make them feel that their world class strikers!!!

I'm sure he has the talent to do so, and then take it out on the Yeovil goalmouth next weekend

Who's being fickle?

I did point out at the beginning of my post that there is no reason to panic - yet. The rest is a concern I have about our lack of scoring. This has been around for several games, so I'm hardly being fickle, am I?

I don't classify it as being negative, I see it as raising an issue about the way we are performing.

Sorry wasnt a dig at you mate just some on here want to slit their wrists. Maybe todays result was a kick up the arse we needed!!

Who's being fickle?

SR your far from fickle.

Ive just explained that to Lisa, as i note that you have been watching the football club for a long time, just like me.

Your concerned, like us all, and rightly to.

Lets hope next sat, we can have a good night sleep

SR your far from fickle.

Ive just explained that to Lisa, as i note that you have been watching the football club for a long time, just like me.

Your concerned, like us all, and rightly to.

Lets hope next sat, we can have a good night sleep

I did explain it wasnt a dig at Simplyred just a comment at the whingers who were slitting their wrists after todays result.

From a fan of Rovers, I must say I am disgusted with some of your supporters on the radio, ok you have lost today, but you are 2nd in the league, have been in great form of late, and to hear one fan say you have been rubbish for most of the season etc, I cant understand. I think you still will go up automatically, and instead of moaning about one loss, have a think about where you will probably be next season.

I'm afraid i really am panicking, certainly not throwing in the towell, or having a moan, I'm just simply a very worried fan. We have 3 very tough games ahead of us. Yeovil stinks of being a goaless draw, the we have two of the form teams away from home. Carlisle have come from nowhere to be 8th and in with a shout of promotion, just four points behind 6th(With four wins in a row and just one defeat in 10), then its a trip to millwall who have now won three in a row including beating Swansea and Forest. It is fairly conceivable given our dismal scoring record at the moment (just 3 in 5 games) that we may not win any of these games and with blackpool romping the league at the moment (7 wins in ten, 3 in a row and just one defeat) they could I'm afraid quite easily have caught us, they are far more of a threat than forest in my opinion.

We really have to dig deep, hope our defense can carry on being strong, and just hope that we get a goal here or there from anyone and nick some 1-0 wins like we did at Crewe and Donny. But I'm afraid Carlisle and Millwall are very different prospects.

From a fan of Rovers, I must say I am disgusted with some of your supporters on the radio, ok you have lost today, but you are 2nd in the league, have been in great form of late, and to hear one fan say you have been rubbish for most of the season etc, I cant understand. I think you still will go up automatically, and instead of moaning about one loss, have a think about where you will probably be next season.

Well said and from a gas fan too!! Makes a change having nice comments from the other side. Ok so were all disappointed. But Saturday we be cheering our team on to another win!! Losing hurts but were used to that being a city fan. Lets remember where we are in the league and how we got there. don't worry about other teams lets just concentrate on winning Saturday and take it from there.

And our final game may not be easy...... I still think we will be OK, our defence will be strong, and McCombe or Johnson will nick the odd goal in a couple of games. No rash predictions of goals for our 'strikers' though! Lets be grateful that Forest have also been pretty dire... And that they settled for a draw at the Gate last week!

Archived