IGNORED

We are still better off now...

WesM

Sounds a little bit silly I realise but, trying to put a positive spin on things:

- most people would have taken a point from Gills today, putting us on 77 pts.

- not many would have seriously expected forest to drop points today, a win would have put them on 74 pts, only 3 pts behind us.

As it is, there's still a 4 point gap....so.....happy days.

(this theory is flawed by our inability to score, general poor performance and the fact that there could have been an almost unassailable gap between us and forest by now if we had of won, but hey ho. That's a lot of what ifs?).

Sounds a little bit silly I realise but, trying to put a positive spin on things:

- most people would have taken a point from Gills today, putting us on 77 pts.

- not many would have seriously expected forest to drop points today, a win would have put them on 74 pts, only 3 pts behind us.

As it is, there's still a 4 point gap....so.....happy days.

(this theory is flawed by our inability to score, general poor performance and the fact that there could have been an almost unassailable gap between us and forest by now if we had of won, but hey ho. That's a lot of what ifs?).

Sorry Cynic!! see his "bit of perspective" post for similar discussion

I think you are right! Although I look at it a slightly different way.

Forest not winning is almost as good as us winning!

Before today, we needed something like 10 points from 15 available to guarantee promotion.

I think we now require 8 points from 12 to guarantee it.

So in effect, we,ve lost a game and gained 2 points. Which isn't bad... cant remember getting 2 points for losing before!

And for the record, I think we will pick up the points. I can see 2 wins and 2 draws from the remaining fixtures.

Archived