IGNORED

STRIKER PROBS

PAPA650

Again i put on here our front line cant give the goods let Frankie Artus and tristan plummer have run out at least there bl@@dy scoring !!!! at the least put them on bench even if they only play 20 mins might give us some goals ? some thing better than nothing !!! may be if tristan played in 1st team might convince him to sign on the dotted line what you lot think

well yes we need goals and artus could be a good gamble to come on to replace enoh or jevo on sat, but unsure about plummer haent realy seen him play and having 2 reserves strikers on the pitch could back fire, but haing enoh and jevo could also back fire.

think smith should start on sat and give him a full 90mins as he wants to score his first goal this side of the season. also sort out the midfeild out betsy to be droped (but who to replace him?) and get johnson to push foward a bit more, oh and where is noble these days? he was on good form when he played last.

It wouldn't hurt to give Artus his debut if Macca & Noble don't make it, either at LWB or LCM in a three man midfield.We've got piles of experience but no pace, left footers and attacking threat at the moment.

Assuming Nobes & Macca don't make it:

.......BASSO.......

.............ORR.MCCOMBE.......CAREY.........

WILSON.JOHNSON.......SKUSE............RUSSELL..ARTUS.......

.......SMITH..........JEVONS..........

SUBS

THOMAS

JMW

SHOWUNMI

KEOGH

WOODMAN

As far as Plummer goes, IF, we up at Millwall or Rotherham which I doubt, then I'd give him 20 minutes.

I think the lad's holding out to see if his agent can get him a move to a bigger club or to see if we make The Championship.Seeing the way that JMW's been treated this season has probably made his mind up about that.

y jevons? i know he is our top scorer but he has been realy poor in the last few games i think this should be the line up

.......BASSO.......

WILSON.............SKUSE............RUSSELL..ARTUS.......

........JOHNSON.....

..........SMITH........ENOCH............

It wouldn't hurt to give Artus his debut if Macca & Noble don't make it, either at LWB or LCM in a three man midfield.We've got piles of experience but no pace, left footers and attacking threat at the moment.

Assuming Nobes & Macca don't make it:

.......BASSO.......

WILSON.JOHNSON.......SKUSE............RUSSELL..ARTUS.......

.......SMITH..........JEVONS..........

SUBS

THOMAS

JMW

SHOWUNMI

KEOGH

WOODMAN

As far as Plummer goes, IF, we up at Millwall or Rotherham which I doubt, then I'd give him 20 minutes.

I think the lad's holding out to see if his agent can get him a move to a bigger club or to see if we make The Championship.Seeing the way that JMW's been treated this season has probably made his mind up about that.

I was about to post the same team, but Artus definately needs to be picked. The team needs some fresh ideas, and he's scored 5 from 11 games from midfield in the reserves. I notice that when the BCFC site has a player highlighted or given a major interview its a prelude to selection. Artus is headlined with a big photo, almost like an unvieling, I think its about to happen.

Cant see Plummer being selected. JM Williams is bigger, stronger, has pace and the benefit of 1st team experience.

As a footnote BB, how exactly has JMW been treated, as you mentioned it.

y jevons? i know he is our top scorer but he has been realy poor in the last few games i think this should be the line up

.......BASSO.......

WILSON.............SKUSE............RUSSELL..ARTUS.......

........JOHNSON.....

..........SMITH........ENOCH............

I would start Jevons against his old club.Also on the basis that he could play off Smith, is a more intelligent player than ES and for his ability to score a penalty or a free kick if we get one.

Nothing wrong with your team though and it's touch and go who plays if Macca & Noble aren't fit.

As a footnote BB, how exactly has JMW been treated, as you mentioned it.

We haven't been scoring goals for a while and our form & results has dipped at home.We've looked ineffective and one paced up front, so GJ signs and plays Andy Smith who's never scored a goal in 72 Appearances and leaves out JMW who's got two for us.Now I know he looked jaded and he's only a kid, but if you were looking on as Plummer is, ask yourself this, would that and the lack of opportunity for other local/younger players such as Artus, Wilson, Benyon & Woodman, encourage you to sign??

• SC&T Board Members
We haven't been scoring goals for a while and our form & results has dipped at home.We've looked ineffective and one paced up front, so GJ signs and plays Andy Smith who's never scored a goal in 72 Appearances and leaves out JMW who's got two for us.Now I know he looked jaded and he's only a kid, but if you were looking on as Plummer is, ask yourself this, would that and the lack of opportunity for other local/younger players such as Artus, Wilson, Benyon & Woodman, encourage you to sign??

What it should show Plummer, and JMW for that matter, is that in a TEAM game having the right ATTITUDE is every bit as important as having the necessary skill.

I would start Jevons against his old club.Also on the basis that he could play off Smith, is a more intelligent player than ES and for his ability to score a penalty or a free kick if we get one.

Nothing wrong with your team though and it's touch and go who plays if Macca & Noble aren't fit.

I agree that Jevo versus his old club off Smith who can do the hard work is the right combination for Saturday.

Jevo is somewhat of an enigma to me.... his contribution outside of the box is minimal however he comes alive in the box and that's why Johnson persists. He has scored some vitals goals this season for us, however when he isn't putting the ball in the net and missing chances like the one against Forest he is a waste of a striker.

I think he is a finisher and doensn't add much more than that. When he aint finishing he aint contributing. However I think he has missed Murrary considerably and to be fair we haven't been getting the ball in the box very much at all of late.

I think Johnson needs to work on getting the ball to our strikers in better positions. And that starts with getting the midfield right for Yeovil for me, either 4-4-2 with JMW left and Wilson Right, or 3-5-2.

What it should show Plummer, and JMW for that matter, is that in a TEAM game having the right ATTITUDE is every bit as important as having the necessary skill.

Totally agree... and I really hope his attitude is a desire to play football and not just to wait for that 'big money' club/contract to come in?

• Admin

For me it's simple, lately Enoch has lost the ability to stay upright and many moves break down due to his falling over under the weakest of challenges. Jevons meanwhile has been falling over less enabling us to at least keep possession.

Neither look like scoring in the proverbial brothel though so it's really Morton's Fork.

I think the step up from the youth/reserves to the first team is bigger than some people realise and we have made that mistake in desperation for goals before. Since 2000 alone we have had Marvin Brown, Spencer, Odyjayi, Meecham (there are probabaly more but my brains gone) all who have struggled to score goals when making the step up 1 of those players was apparently worth Millions. I think with the pressures that will be on the players against Yeovil it would be hard for hem to fit in and would indeed be a big gamble to start with them in such a big game.

YOU say JMW has been put on the back burner so might effect his confidence so surelly answer is too give him more run outs and also let the up and rising stars that apparently are worth mega money play also ! i would say if the boys were played and they would be more incline 2 sign and would play there hearts out 2 try and stay in the 1st squad look at LITA and COTTERILL once they were let of the leash the full playing skills were revealed ? i know our current squad have got the skills but like every one who is moaning there not performing for some reason !! we know they can so if i knew the answer i would be the manager :laugh: and agian i stress if the young puppies start challenging 4 there place might be the wake up call they need !! any thing got be worth a try and maintain our push in2 promotion when is the last time weve been in such a strong position with 4 games to go the ball is in the court 4 the boys and club and management to resolve so come on you reds lets not blow it now

Archived