IGNORED

Chris Coleman

redrobin

It does seem a bit harsh, but i think that he would of walked at end of season anyway, or got sacked then, as the fans arent happy with him at the minute, as was there for the 1-1 draw with pompy, and when McBride got subbed, there were boos and chants of you don't know what your doing towards him. He's done a good job there, but probably of taken them as far as he can.

Yeh i agree he probably went as far as he could with them. However with the pompey draw if he hadnt of subbed mcbride then when pearce got injured he would have subbed him instead meaning that heroic effort and goal would have not happened and could have resulted in a loss

Exactly my point man city were on a terrible run of 5 defeats then suddenly they win a few and are now pretty safe from relagation and the talks for stuart pearces head have stopped for now. So i cant understand how they can get rid of a good manager like coleman with a few games left to the season and not give him the chance to turn it around . Football - Tis a funny game

2 away wins in 2 seasons.

I couldn't believe it when somebody told me. Shocking.

They just don't seem to be improving or going anywhere, but I suppose it's better to go nowhere than to go backwards.

Ahhh it's late.... whether it's a good decision or not, bad timing I reckon.

He's done ok but I agree with the decision; having Lawrie Sanchez in for the last few games they stand a better chance of staying up.

They can also now start looking for the permanent replacement and give them time to buy and have a full pre-season.

Neither Coleman nor Pearce really cut it as premiership managers. The best comparisons are Coleman against Jewell and Pearce against Allardyce. They are at clubs of smaller size with lower budgets and are both doing a better job.

I just don't understand how a Club like Fulham can really push on, as is the general consensus of the thread. A half decent Cup run, the occasional victory over one of the power 4, survival and maybe breaking into the top 10 every now and again is the most the fans have realistically got to look forward to, ofcourse, expectation is higher.

Just of the top off my head he's had to sell; Steve Finnan, Malbranque, Sean Davis, Louis Saha and Van der Sar in the last few years, don't know what the board were seriously expecting him to achieve, mere survival in the Premiershit is achievement for many. They'll now employ another merry-go-round manager who may or may not protect them against the drop.

We bemoan our lower League status and it's quality of Football but in a sense at least we have the benefit that we can live in hope of progress one day. I think for a Fulham fan, mid-table mediocracy year in year out is all they must be greatful for, a bit dull isn't it? S'pect most had more fun during their ascention through the League's than what they've had in the last five years.

I just don't understand how a Club like Fulham can really push on, as is the general consensus of the thread. A half decent Cup run, the occasional victory over one of the power 4, survival and maybe breaking into the top 10 every now and again is the most the fans have realistically got to look forward to, ofcourse, expectation is higher.

Just of the top off my head he's had to sell; Steve Finnan, Malbranque, Sean Davis, Louis Saha and Van der Sar in the last few years, don't know what the board were seriously expecting him to achieve, mere survival in the Premiershit is achievement for many. They'll now employ another merry-go-round manager who may or may not protect them against the drop.

We bemoan our lower League status and it's quality of Football but in a sense at least we have the benefit that we can live in hope of progress one day. I think for a Fulham fan, mid-table mediocracy year in year out is all they must be greatful for, a bit dull isn't it? S'pect most had more fun during their ascention through the League's than what they've had in the last five years.

I don't think people are being that simplistic. All clubs have limited resources and occasionally sell their best players. What a manager needs to deliver, and is judged on, is progress. This is not purely an improved league placement year-on-year but making all round improvements to the club. As few are privy to the inner workings of a club we judge this by what happens on the pitch.

Signs of a good manager (and amanagement team / coaching squad which is also their resposnisbility) are:

1 Players improve under the manager, particularly new signings

2 Players outside the first team are motivated so that the team can handle injury crises

3 Established players continuing to improve rather than coasting

4 Youth players steadily coming through the ranks

5 Good signings are made

I would say Coleman falls down on (3) and to a lesser extent (1) and (2).

Uisng these measures for Gary Johnson I would say:

1 Very good

2 Average

3 Good

4 Very good, though the Academy takes much of the credit

5 Good

So I'd rate GJ as good as would most City fans.

Archived