IGNORED

How's this for a possible scenario?

A Horse With No Name

Given the fact that we are four points clear of Forest, with four to play, how is this for a very possible finish to the season? City to beat Yeovil, and to draw at Carlisle and Millwall, which on the face of it would be an excellent return from three very tricky matches. I for one, would be relatively happy with that. If Forest were to win their next three games, which again is very possible with the strugglers they are facing, the goal difference between us would be pretty much identical. It would then be all square going into the final game of the season, and with us at home to Rotherham, who should be relegated by then, I fancy our chances big time.

Many people would see a win and two draws from our next three games as a poor return, but remember, if that happens, Forest only have to fail to win one of their next three, and that should see us up. One thing is for sure, that last day is going to be a very emotional one, one way or the other.

Given the fact that we are four points clear of Forest, with four to play, how is this for a very possible finish to the season? City to beat Yeovil, and to draw at Carlisle and Millwall, which on the face of it would be an excellent return from three very tricky matches. I for one, would be relatively happy with that. If Forest were to win their next three games, which again is very possible with the strugglers they are facing, the goal difference between us would be pretty much identical. It would then be all square going into the final game of the season, and with us at home to Rotherham, who should be relegated by then, I fancy our chances big time.

Many people would see a win and two draws from our next three games as a poor return, but remember, if that happens, Forest only have to fail to win one of their next three, and that should see us up. One thing is for sure, that last day is going to be a very emotional one, one way or the other.

If that was the case then the final match would become a straight shootout between us and Forest as to who could beat their opponents by more goals..

With our goalscoring problems, plus the fact that Forest play Crewe with the leagues worst defense I would not fancy us AT ALL in that scenario. :(

We must be in a position entering the Rotherham game where a point will be enough as the pressure of needing a win on the last day may just be too much for our young/inexperienced/non goalscoring stuttering team.

Wasn't it Blackpool a couple of seasons ago who sneaked a draw at AG after Christian Roberts put us 2-0 up on the last day.

BCAGFC

What about Blackpool!!!!

I'm trying not to think to much about blackpool,my brain is almost in shutdown mode now thinking about forest,goals are what we need,what id like to see is our forwards running straight into the box and taking on defenders,then theres always a chance one of them will stick there leg out and then you get a penalty ,,all this playing tiddily winks around the box is frustrating to say the least ,I'm pretty sure gj has got something up his sleeve for the next few matches,id like to be a fly on a goalpost at the training ground :fear:

Guest ashtonyate

Are you mad if we play Rotherham the last game of the season wanting a result with no pressure on Rotherham there only one result we will be in the play offs

Just done a Promotion Calculator and this is what I come out with:

1) Bristol C 46 19 88

2) S****horpe 46 33 86

3) Nottm Forest 46 17 82

4) Oldham 46 23 81

5) Blackpool 46 18 78

6) Swansea 46 17 77

7) Yeovil 46 14 76

Yes a lot of people are going to say no chance in hell, but this is what I would like to believe is going to be the end of season table, people are going to look at it and say nah City win four games in a row, well I think it's possiable you just never know with this team. See what you lot come up with Promotion Calculator

Given the fact that we are four points clear of Forest, with four to play, how is this for a very possible finish to the season? City to beat Yeovil, and to draw at Carlisle and Millwall, which on the face of it would be an excellent return from three very tricky matches. I for one, would be relatively happy with that.

On current form I'd be bloody delerious

If Forest were to win their next three games, which again is very possible with the strugglers they are facing, the goal difference between us would be pretty much identical. It would then be all square going into the final game of the season, and with us at home to Rotherham, who should be relegated by then, I fancy our chances big time.

So did Forest and they drew 1-1 and could have lost.Having said that Forest are as likely to win their last four as we are, although, once again in theory they have easier games.......just like playing the bottom club in Rotherham.

I think most people would bite your hand off for five points out of the next nine and our fate in our hands on the last day of the season.

My worry is that we finish level on points with forest, only to miss out on goal difference! how would we all feel then?

Jackylate thinks its going to be a tight old run-in...

scunny 86

oldham 81

blackpool 81

bristol city 81

yeovil 80

forest a lucky 74

swansea 73

millwall 73

:noexpression:

Here is mine:

1 S****horpe +38 92

2 Bristol City +19 81

3 Yeovil +17 80

4 Forest +17 78

5 Blackpool +16 77

6 Oldham +26 75

And that's ius losing to Yeovil, Drawing v Carlisle and Millwall and beating Rotherham.

I think this just proves that the promotion race is wide open and that we certainly cant rely on other teams losing.

The only way we can guarantee promotion is to lift our performances and win our remaining games.

If we carry on as we have done recently, we're just inviting trouble.

what nobody seems to talk about is scunny's form. They are wobbling as well and have to play Hudd ( h) who have a new

manager to impress, Tranny (a) ( never easy), Blackpool (a) who are the form team and carlisle( h), another form team

looking for the play offs.... taking it up to the last game i think most of us would be pleased at the mo with 5 points from

yeovile, carlisle and millwall. I can se scunny only getting 2pts from hudd, tranny and pool, really, i think they have run

out of steam. Blackpool, then, to get 7 out of 9pts and the trees have 3 games against teams in the bottom seven !!one of

which is already relegated!!! However, they are crap too so i will give them 7 out of 9pts as well..

scunny.......84...(32)

Trees.........81...(21)

City...........81...(20)

pool...........78...(20)

this scenario promotes Scunny last day whatever happens unless someone scores 12-13 goals, and leaves us having to

win by more than trees, which as has already been mentioned, looks unlikely at the mo..... :pacifier: hold tight people its

going to be a rocky ride....

Jackylate thinks its going to be a tight old run-in...

scunny 86

oldham 81

blackpool 81

bristol city 81

yeovil 80

forest a lucky 74

swansea 73

millwall 73

:noexpression:

Here is mine:

1 S****horpe +38 92

2 Bristol City +19 81

3 Yeovil +17 80

4 Forest +17 78

5 Blackpool +16 77

6 Oldham +26 75

And that's ius losing to Yeovil, Drawing v Carlisle and Millwall and beating Rotherham.

so you have the trees getting 2pts from 4 games , three of which are against bottom seven teams???? man i hope for some reason you is correct..... :fingerscrossed:

so you have the trees getting 2pts from 4 games , three of which are against bottom seven teams???? man i hope for some reason you is correct..... :fingerscrossed:

Well, I had them beating Brentford I think. Losign away to Leyton Orient(they've already done that once), losing to Bournemouth (who are one of the form teams at the moment) and I forget the otehr results.

Archived