IGNORED

Out For Saturday

Bristol Boy

Murray & McAllister.

Given previous records Brooker & Weale can't have much chance of appearing before next season either.

Three massive players for us, certainly Murray & McAllister this season and GJ must be regreting playing Murray in the hole against the Gas and seeing him get whacked.Only hope that Basso stays fit because Thomas hasn't had a first team game and doesn't look the biggest.

News seems better on Noble & Fontaine, so it could be 3-5-2 Saturday and we could see Artus make his debut at LWB, although I still think GJ may feel obligated to play Betsy which is ultra bad news unless he has a complete change of form.

We've got what we've got so we just need to get on with it.

Without wishing to be overtly negative, if we were to end up in the play offs the games are still another 4 weeks away, surely one or two of these would be available by then?

Not that I want to be necessary, of course.

Pretty much said that in the post today. Good news that Noble is fit though cos at least he attacks players and isnt afraid to shoot from distance. Fontaine will be a valuable player for us too as we need to stay strong in defence.

THAT is the best news Ive had all day! We will need him back, BIG TIME.

Murray is getting on a bit and sometimes this sort of unhealing injury can force players of his vintage out of the game. I hope not. As for Jamie McAllister, does he have a history of injury? He isn't in the same age bracket as our Scott, but he's not the youngest, and I pray we've not already seen the best of him. Brooker was always on the brink, but I think we all (including GJ) had been praying to whatever Gods we believed in that he had got back to the fighting fit player we all have known before.

I've not seen Artus play, is he a wide left player? It might be a bit too much responsiblity to put him on at left wing back in his first appearence. I thought he was an central attacking player in the Noble/Johnson mode?

Pretty much said that in the post today. Good news that Noble is fit though cos at least he attacks players and isnt afraid to shoot from distance. Fontaine will be a valuable player for us too as we need to stay strong in defence.

Glad he's fit again, but start instead of who?

You can't replace LJ at the moment can you? Two quality performances which few can doubt. However, still doesn't contribute much defensively - although recently has made more challenges.

Or Skuse? Not doing anything wrong, and he's the closest player we have to a ball winner. However, he doesn't contribute much going forward and often seems to panic in front of goal.

Noble - Comfortable on the ball, rarely gives it away, but doesn't create as much as LJ or tackle as much as Cole.

I'm a fan of all three players, but I'm still not sure what our number one midfield can be.

Archived