IGNORED

Apprehension or Excitement

downendcity

If you were a City player just now, how would you be feeling?

Would you be excited by the thought of being so close to promotion that you can't wait for the next game? Or would you be feeling apprehensive that having got to 2nd place in the table with a 4 point gap to 3rd place, you could throw it all away at the death?

My view is that coming into Easter too many of the players have become apprehensive about throwing it away - the same as so many posters have become during the same period of time. Let's hope Gary can get them to look at the positive side of things - that they are in a great position, promotion is there for the taking and that they are good enough to do. GJ has done a great job to get us to where we are. Now he really start to earn his money.

Just seen this thread.

I bumped into to Jamie McCombe at the boat house (pub near bath, he was on orange juice) on Good Friday, and had a little chat with him. He was an extremely nice fella by the way. (The Mrs seemed to agree a bit too much though...)

Anyway, he said he was quite nervous about the weekend, and he believed (at the time) the easter fixtures were vital. However, he said this is why he always wanted to play football, and he was really excited about it. He also said he was loving playing for us, and it was totally different than playing for a small team like Lincoln.

So, there's a mixture of Apprehension & excitment, i guess which was evident over the fixtures. Both emotions mean you take less risks, which is probably the reason why the goals have dried up.

Just seen this thread.

I bumped into to Jamie McCombe at the boat house (pub near bath, he was on orange juice) on Good Friday, and had a little chat with him. He was an extremely nice fella by the way. (The Mrs seemed to agree a bit too much though...)

Anyway, he said he was quite nervous about the weekend, and he believed (at the time) the easter fixtures were vital. However, he said this is why he always wanted to play football, and he was really excited about it. He also said he was loving playing for us, and it was totally different than playing for a small team like Lincoln.

So, there's a mixture of Apprehension & excitment, i guess which was evident over the fixtures. Both emotions mean you take less risks, which is probably the reason why the goals have dried up.

I think the apprehension will be playing on Besty and Mccombes minds as both failed in play offs for Lincoln and missing out with Wycombe last season. Both haver spoken about it in the papers recently. Of course Murray and Carey will remember the failings in the play offs but hopefully Johnson will install enough belief in the players minds to forget about the past on concentrate on the present and winning the automatic place we all so badly want.

I think the apprehension will be playing on Besty and Mccombes minds as both failed in play offs for Lincoln and missing out with Wycombe last season. Both haver spoken about it in the papers recently. Of course Murray and Carey will remember the failings in the play offs but hopefully Johnson will install enough belief in the players minds to forget about the past on concentrate on the present and winning the automatic place we all so badly want.

Agreed. Johnson can also use that fear as motivation for not falling in too those dreaded play offs.

I hope we don't blow it, i'm at a mates wedding play off final day, couldn't bear to miss city at the new wembley!! That would be heartbreaking.

(Before you say miss the wedding...it's in bloody barbados!!)

as a player ide be well fired up for the game. maybe slightly jaded from the lack of goals(and mondays loss). over all, given the position we are in, garys confidence in the team and the belief i have that city will make it, ide definatly run out and give 110%. with the crowd backing me would likely push even harder.

Agreed. Johnson can also use that fear as motivation for not falling in too those dreaded play offs.

I hope we don't blow it, i'm at a mates wedding play off final day, couldn't bear to miss city at the new wembley!! That would be heartbreaking.

(Before you say miss the wedding...it's in bloody barbados!!)

Well your only option is to do the same as I'm doing and go to all the remaining games including Carlilse get behind the team hope for the best! :fingerscrossed:

I agree lets do everything we can to play our part.I think there is a hell of a lot we can do as supporters to reduce any apprehension the players might be feeling having brought the club to the brink of promotion.

GET BEHIND THE LADS!!!

Johnson says how much it lifts the players in every interview, the players reiterate it in theirs and we all know what its like visiting teams where the atmosphere is red hot cos of partisan support.

If your natural inclination is to moan and criticise - like far too many do near where why I sit in the dolman - then either think before you open your mouths or stay away altogether.

I agree lets do everything we can to play our part.I think there is a hell of a lot we can do as supporters to reduce any apprehension the players might be feeling having brought the club to the brink of promotion.

GET BEHIND THE LADS!!!

Johnson says how much it lifts the players in every interview, the players reiterate it in theirs and we all know what its like visiting teams where the atmosphere is red hot cos of partisan support.

If your natural inclination is to moan and criticise - like far too many do near where why I sit in the dolman - then either think before you open your mouths or stay away altogether.

Good shout!!! We are the team in possesion of a 4 point cushion, and the best defence in this league. We will go up!!

Archived