IGNORED

McCombe up front from the start?

brady bunch

His goalscoring record for city during the minutes he has been up front is second to none.

Our defence is solid even without him, so no great loss to the back line.

Jevons is in poord form and looks increasingly nervous. as does ditto the whole team.

for the last few games I would throw the pretty stuff out the window and bombard the oppo's box with balls from all angles having Enoch and McCombe upfront will mean lots of balls pinging around their box, will get the city fans up and reduce the nerves on and off the ptich.

A radical change, but we don't look like scoring with plan A and looking to blood youngsters in what could be 4 of the most important games for us is not an option for me.

Sorry if suggested already, but could not see it anywhere.

Last point, just remember what happened to Chris Sutton (and er forget Matt Bryants attempts a few years ago)

His goalscoring record for city during the minutes he has been up front is second to none.

Our defence is solid even without him, so no great loss to the back line.

Jevons is in poord form and looks increasingly nervous. as does ditto the whole team.

for the last few games I would throw the pretty stuff out the window and bombard the oppo's box with balls from all angles having Enoch and McCombe upfront will mean lots of balls pinging around their box, will get the city fans up and reduce the nerves on and off the ptich.

A radical change, but we don't look like scoring with plan A and looking to blood youngsters in what could be 4 of the most important games for us is not an option for me.

Sorry if suggested already, but could not see it anywhere.

Last point, just remember what happened to Chris Sutton (and er forget Matt Bryants attempts a few years ago)

I agree with what your saying but i'd start with him at the back and if we aren't looking like scoring and if Yeovil don't look like scoring after about an hour i would chuck him up there with a quik striker to play off of him!!

I would only resort to this in the final 30 mins.

We should have enough class in Johnson, noble, skuse, jevons and shounmi to get through the opposition.......shouldnt we??!

Does anybody know if Noble and murray are going to be fit this weekend. I don't think i can take much more of Kevin Betsy.

No chance for Murray, I'm afraid, after suffering swelling on his broken foot earlier this week. He even miss the rest of the regular season.

Noble, on the other hand may be fit this Saturday.

In addition McCallister will still be unavailable and like Murray, is likely to miss the campaign's remainder.

no, maybe last 20 mins but not before then. how about we give some actual strikers in the squad a chance...like plummer

because plummer isn't interested in bristol city! Hes interested in how much money he can make himself (Like his bro)

Anybody else think if he was good enough Gary Johnson would have already put him in the squad?

• Admin

He should be a good idea for a target man up front - but even Jamie would probably admit his heading ability in front of goal is rather questionable for someone his size - using him as a late attacker to flick on balls and just cause a nusciance is not such a bad suggestion

my point I guess is that we look far more threatening at the end of games whilst he is up there. recently we have gone long periods where we don't even look like scoring. Playing him there from the start just brings it forward a bit, we can revert to type if a goal goes in at either end.

Its a gamble, but I would still back him to put away a chance over a few of our strikers, beit on the ground or in the air.

Its a gamble, but I would still back him to put away a chance over a few of our strikers, beit on the ground or in the air.

Jamie's touch for the equalising goals in the 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough and the same scoreline prior to Christmas, at Cheltenham, was that of a seasoned forward.

On both occasions Jamie was facing away from goal, and was stationed near the penalty spot. At Whaddon Road he toe-trapped a long punt downfield from Louis Carey, then swivelled goalwards and caressed the ball home to spark scenes of ecstasy. At Boro, he flicked a cross 'round the corner', across Schwartzer for another excellent goal. He's not the most mobile of players, but has a deftness of touch that puts Jevo and Enoch to shame.

• SC&T Board Members

I'd risk putting McCombe up front. He used to play as a striker now and then for Lincoln, and a combination of Smith and McCombe in attack would certainly show intent and lack nothing in commitment and effort.

As Yeovil have no height in their front line (none taller than 5'10"), any 3 of Carey, Orr, Keogh and Fontaine should be able to cope with them.

It would be a bold move, but now is no time to be timid!

if plummer is that good why is frankie artus ahead of him for potential first team selection.

I'm sure artus has been on the bench a couple of times and plummer aint.

saturday may see smith start but i think he will go with jevo and enoch.

I'd expect thats because artus has abition to play for city etc.

However according to a lot of people on this site, plummer aint interested or wants to play else where, in a higher league, hence why he hasn't signed a contract.

Whilst i see the logic in throwing McCombe upfront, it's a far different proposition playing 90 mins upfront rather than the last ten. The reason why McCombe has been effective, is because we've thrown him up there as a last resort, when teams are trying to hold onto leads. Therefore there is no attacking threat and we end up playing 2-4-4!!

Very different game at 0-0 from the start, and his lack of movement would make him ineffective. Also, those at Gillingham would have seen him have 3 or 4 good chances with headers which he couldn't convert.

Jamie has been an inspiration for us this year, at centre back. Play him there against Yeovil, and we'll be guaranteed a 'nil' at our end...but will that be enough?! :fingerscrossed:

Archived