IGNORED

Andy Smith

allyolly

Much has been written about the fact that he is a striker but has yet to score in over 50 games since moving from Ireland. I for one have been impressed with his workrate, ability to keep the ball and more often than not find a teamate with a pass.

The question is does anyone see him breaking his duck with city?

I can certainly see him scoring. I have also been impressed with his work rate and given the right service and being in the right places he will get goals. Also to be fair to him since Murray has been out of the team our service from the wings has been awful.

Much has been written about the fact that he is a striker but has yet to score in over 50 games since moving from Ireland. I for one have been impressed with his workrate, ability to keep the ball and more often than not find a teamate with a pass.

Confidence is massive with strikers and IMO if he breaks his duck he might get a few particularly if he feels appreciated, look at Bas this season at Gillingham/Brighton, he is a genuine threat now.

Smudger's work rate is good but he needs that all important goal. We might then see the guy who Lawrie Sanchez picked so many times for Northern Ireland.

Reminds me a bit of the early Colin Cramb - really hard worker, set up loads of goals and excellent link play, but wasn't what you'd call a prolific scorer.

Just what I was thinking after Doncaster. Obviously not the most naturally talented, but makes up for it with a big work rate and huge hearted performances.

i think andy smith is bound to break his duck with city soon, good workrate can keep the ball well, should have already got one but showunmi decided to shoot instead of pass.

His loan dosnt finish before the last game does it? It was only initially a 2 month trial wasnt it? If he is a free agent thou (correct me if I'm wrong, i thought he was released due to injuries from previous club) does that mean we can increase the trial it if we want?

In his last two sub appearances, he did more on his own than Jevons, Enoch and Brooks had done in the time before him.

Frankly, Enoch looks disinterested at the moment and I thought he was dire at Gillingham. It's frustrating because he's clearly a bloody good player at this level, and could be very effective. When he gets his tail up there are few players in this league more dangerous or more of a handful than Enoch.

However, at the moment a lack of application is the last thing we need from a player and in my mind he'd be straight out of the team on Saturday. Smith has earned an opportunity and I hope he gets it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Smith will score on Saturday. I know he will. I can feel it.

Andy Smith will score against Yeovil. I guarantee it!

I can't believe l've scored as many league goals as our best striker......... Heres to Saturday

I can't believe l've scored as many league goals as our best striker......... Heres to Saturday

Every dog has its day Badger.

Actually, Smith does remind me of some family dog. Boundless energy and enthusiasm, long flowing blonde hair, and, like my dog, has never scored in English football.

I've liked Smith from the first time I saw him.

He's aggressive, he means it. He makes things happen. Full of hard running and even chases back, rare for a striker. He's got passion.

All the things which I'm afraid Jevo and Enoch are not.

Against Swansea and at Gillingham, soon as he came on, the pace of the game changed and you could almost see the lift it gave to the other players. Admitedly when you are drawing at home and losing away, the tempo is going to be stepped up towards the end of the game anyway, but there is no doubt in my mind the difference he makes.

He just needs that first goal, I think when it comes there will be more.

He has to play.

I think it was Russell who said that he likes Smith in the team because he makes so many runs, he's never static and that makes it easier for the midfield to pick out a pass.

He defends from the front very effectively as well. If he gets a goal or two, I don't think he'll stop scoring.

Reminds me a bit of the early Colin Cramb - really hard worker, set up loads of goals and excellent link play, but wasn't what you'd call a prolific scorer.

Reminds me more of Liam Robinson. Bags of running but absolutely useless where it counts. Waste of time

In his last two sub appearances, he did more on his own than Jevons, Enoch and Brooks had done in the time before him.

Frankly, Enoch looks disinterested at the moment and I thought he was dire at Gillingham. It's frustrating because he's clearly a bloody good player at this level, and could be very effective. When he gets his tail up there are few players in this league more dangerous or more of a handful than Enoch.

However, at the moment a lack of application is the last thing we need from a player and in my mind he'd be straight out of the team on Saturday. Smith has earned an opportunity and I hope he gets it.

Great post mate. Spot on.

Reminds me more of Liam Robinson. Bags of running but absolutely useless where it counts. Waste of time

Not such a great post but can see where you're comming from. At the moment mate, Jevons and Showunmi are a waste of time. Its all very well doing these fancy ###### flicks but the job of a striker is to score! At least smith is hard working and actually looks like he wants to score. He must start Saturday alongside Jevons (hes bound to score against his old club!)

Totally agree, I find it quite sad that our best option up front offers little more than the ability to run around a lot. Thank goodness we have a decent defence.

He can run around all he wants but he hasn't ever looked like scoring and he's had a couple on a plate (Doncaster springs to mind). Would you employ a Double Glazing Salesman who works 20 Hours a day, but sells #### all?? A great effort, lad, but no end product.

That should do it. He's BOUND to score tomorrow now :fingerscrossed:

His record in Ireland is second to none.

Since then he's had a lot of injuries, and the League of Ireland is about on a par with the conference. Perhaps we could search out a young, nippy striker with a good goalscoring record from there, like Benyon at Crawley!

Since then he's had a lot of injuries, and the League of Ireland is about on a par with the conference. Perhaps we could search out a young, nippy striker with a good goalscoring record from there, like Benyon at Crawley!

We just go round in circles on here don't we...

Many of us mention "look at the conference, look at the irish leagues a'la Kevin Doyle" and here we find someone who has scored like 24 goals in 21 games. Ok he has had a few injuries, but the hard working Smith gets the nod for me ahead of Benyon - who supposedly reportedly does not have the GJ attitude.

don't get me wrong, Benyon has done well, but physically he does not look ready for the biggest 4 games of our season.

Only if Johnson drops his pet pupil and has the balls to do the right thing. Smiths work rate alone should get him a starting position with crap we've got up front.

I expect Jevons to start again though :protest:

Just went onto bet365.com to see what odds I could get on Andy Smith scoring and he isn't even listed.

For the more daring of you you can get odds of 20-1 on Wayne Andrews scoring first and City to win 1-0 :noexpression:

I will double those odds and lay the bet at 40-1 if anyone fancies it...?!

My tip of the day, 1-0 city, Bob Taylor to nick it... :whistle2:

Archived