IGNORED

Mike Dean

Drew Peacock

Thought apart from the disallowed goal, he was fair and let the game flow. I'll be interested to see the penalty again tommorow, cos from where I was it didn't look like a pen. If thats the case, we owe him one, and maybe he knew he messed up with Careys goal and wanted to even things out.

Thought apart from the disallowed goal, he was fair and let the game flow. I'll be interested to see the penalty again tommorow, cos from where I was it didn't look like a pen. If thats the case, we owe him one, and maybe he knew he messed up with Careys goal and wanted to even things out.

from the dolman it looked like a cert!!

I didn't have have a great view but it didn't really look like a pen to me,

I thought Russell Slade on the radio was quite amusing. He said that if we had Mike Dean refereeing for the rest of the season then we were guaranteed promotion! As if he favoured us.

The penalty decision looked wrong to me. And the sending off was just madness. But then again he disallowed the Carey goal for some reason unknown to everyone. And he only booked their No 10 for a forearm assault on Carey. How can an arm across the face just be a booking?

One thing I noticed today that I haven't seen before was that all the officials were miked up. Is this normal for League 1 games?

It was definitely a pen, he didn't get any of the ball and he took Showunmi down. A red card was harsh though because it was a genuine challenge not a deliberate foul.

Didn't see anything wrong with Carey's goal and I think he was overprotective of the keeper but otherwise the referee wasn't too bad.

As some have said, he was actually one of the best refs we have had this season (though certainly not qualifying for Russell Slade's bitter post match comment) however full marks for those that remember, this is not someone who has helped City in the past, Mike Dean is the worst ref I've EVER seen at Ashton Gate and in 1999 had a massive role in costing us relegation from the second tier of British Football with the most obscene performance ever against Birmingham.

As some have said, he was actually one of the best refs we have had this season (though certainly not qualifying for Russell Slade's bitter post match comment) however full marks for those that remember, this is not someone who has helped City in the past, Mike Dean is the worst ref I've EVER seen at Ashton Gate and in 1999 had a massive role in costing us relegation from the second tier of British Football with the most obscene performance ever against Birmingham.

Thank you, with all this praise for him I thought I had got the wrong Mike Dean!

Thank you, with all this praise for him I thought I had got the wrong Mike Dean!

Yeovil Town manager Russell Slade has confirmed tonight that the club will appeal the red card Scott Guyett's received during this afternoon's clash with Bristol City.

The big Yeovil defender was devastated to be sent off for a second time against Bristol City, following his earlier in the season dismissal, also against City, after some handbags with City captain Louis Carey.

Talking the Official Web site Assistant Manager Steve Thompson said:

"We have looked at the video and we feel that it is quite clear that there was no foul made by Scott when he went for the ball.

"Enoch Showunmi clearly fell over Scott's legs and as there was no foul then obviously we feel that there should not have been a penalty and the subsequent red card.

"We feel it was a poor decision and will be definitely making an appeal to the Football League."

Yeovil Town secretary Jean Cotton will be filing the required papers tomorrow and we will report on the subsequent decision as soon as it is known.

Yeovil Town manager Russell Slade has confirmed tonight that the club will appeal the red card Scott Guyett's received during this afternoon's clash with Bristol City.

The big Yeovil defender was devastated to be sent off for a second time against Bristol City, following his earlier in the season dismissal, also against City, after some handbags with City captain Louis Carey.

"We have looked at the video and we feel that it is quite clear that there was no foul made by Scott when he went for the ball.

"Enoch Showunmi clearly fell over Scott's legs and as there was no foul then obviously we feel that there should not have been a penalty and the subsequent red card.

"We feel it was a poor decision and will be definitely making an appeal to the Football League."

Yeovil Town secretary Jean Cotton will be filing the required papers tomorrow and we will report on the subsequent decision as soon as it is known.

From my seat in the Atyeo, which has a close, clear view, I don't believe Guyett made ANY contact with the ball and came in slightly from behind the player - last man - don't expect any appeal to be upheld.

With Skiverton and Terry both injured, understand why it's so important to you.

I expect they'll be asking the FA to look at Stewart's elbow on Fontaine as well ... to clear his name, like?

From my seat in the Atyeo, which has a close, clear view, I don't believe Guyett made ANY contact with the ball and came in slightly from behind the player - last man - don't expect any appeal to be upheld.

With Skiverton and Terry both injured, understand why it's so important to you.

I also sit in the Atyeo and agree with that 100%. It wasn't a pen but due to the ref's position, which was a distance behind the play, he had to give the pen as soon as their man went in from behind. So it was stupidity on Guyett's part IMO...

Mike Dean has enraged me in the past but he didn't have too bad a game yesterday. Certain games at home to Birmingham in 98/99 and Cardiff in early 2000's spring to mind. He sent Tinnion off for literally nothing in that Cardiff game and his performance against the Blue's still ranks as the worst in my memory.

:city: Having watched (and replayed ) it on video I think that the pen should not have been given as he touches the ball first,but both disallowed goals should have stood as McCombe got the ball before the keeper clattered into him, and Enoch did not foul the keeper he only stood in front of him which is legal. :goingup:

?

I thought Dean had an ok game. Block E, Williams didn`t give us a great view of the pen and i was just coming up the steps from the loos when Careys effort was ruled out so didn`t see that either ( starting to sound like Arsene Wenger). However, just to add my penneth worth for worst referee of the season. I believe we had the misfortune of being officiated by Mr Singh at least 3 times this season, well i`ve seen him 3 times and i don`t believe i`ve seen a referee so out of his depth on all 3 occasions.

PDG

I thought Dean had an ok game. Block E, Williams didn`t give us a great view of the pen and i was just coming up the steps from the loos when Careys effort was ruled out so didn`t see that either ( starting to sound like Arsene Wenger). However, just to add my penneth worth for worst referee of the season. I believe we had the misfortune of being officiated by Mr Singh at least 3 times this season, well i`ve seen him 3 times and i don`t believe i`ve seen a referee so out of his depth on all 3 occasions.

PDG

I thought he was easily the best ref weve had all season. Got the penalty decision right. From what ive seen on McCombe's disallowed goal, some you get some you don't I'm afraid. And on that day, we didnt. Cant speak for Carey's as, although right in front of me "well, very nearly", i was only looking at the ball and Carey so didnt see Enoch and the keeper. Got the penalty spot on and definate sending off. How yeovil can appeal i don't know. He was nowhere near the ball! Well, not the football anyway!

Also played a lovely offside advantage second half - overuling the lino.

Was one of the better ones we've had this season.

I thought that was a poor decision by the ref Tom - had it happened against us we'd have been up in arms. Enoch was offside and did make to go after the ball when it was played through. The linesman got it right.

Shame we didn't score from it though!

your comment re Enoch offside I really think you should try to look at the incident again. A player was in an offside position but I think you will find, it was'nt Enoch. he came from behind the defender and was well onside. Excellent advantage from Mr D.ean

Archived