IGNORED

City 2 V 0 Yeovil

Bristol Boy

Can't argue with much of that. I thought that once again Carey showed everyone else on the pitch what was required to win a game, he also seemed to realise that only scoring a goal would get the prawn sandwich brigade to give him the MOM award he so richly deserves.

I thought that having Russell's experience out there today was also to our advantage, this is not a criticism of Skuse, whose time will come, but Aggy just seems to have that slightly better reading of the game and the knack of always being on support of the man with the ball.

I was saying to those around me that Betsy cannot really be judged until he has a proper supporting, attacking full back with him, again, no real criticism of Fontaine, but he doesn't often make the runs that a natural full back would. That left Betsy with two men to beat several times today. Give him his due though he still tried for goal even though he was way off target.

My only disagreement with your report BB is the mark you accorded Carey. If he is not to be awarded 10/10 for his performance against Yeovil then no one ever will be. He was absolutely flawless throughout in my view - I can't think of one single mistake that he made throughout the game and he led his team from the front and on occasion, at the front.

Watching Carey yesterday reminded me of the days when we had Shaun Taylor at the back big strong and a good header of the ball. It seems that Louis has taken his mentors reign in central defence and proving what a valuable player he is. Lets hope he signs a new contract soon. Good report BB!!

Absolutely spot on.

Although it does make me think, has anybody ever been given a 10/10?

I think I gave Basso 10 against MK Dons when he made about five phenominal saves to see us win 1-0. :dunno:

For me, for a player to get 10 it would have to be a hat trick or someone setting up all the goals in a five nil win.I think Carey would have got a ten if the goal was allowed which it should have been.

I think I gave Basso 10 against MK Dons when he made about five phenominal saves to see us win 1-0. :dunno:

For me, for a player to get 10 it would have to be a hat trick or someone setting up all the goals in a five nil win.I think Carey would have got a ten if the goal was allowed which it should have been.

I agree, Carey's goal should have been allowed to stand. It wasn't his fault it was ruled out - so 10/10 was deserved?

BB, I always read and enjoy your reports and feel you have the makings of a good sports 'hack', and should you wish to expand on your undoubted talents further, can I suggest you get them proof-read before publishing?

A couple of spelling errors took the shine off an, otherwise excellent, report which effectively described the game very well.

I look forward to your CCC reports next season!

:clap:

• Admin
BB, I always read and enjoy your reports and feel you have the makings of a good sports 'hack', and should you wish to expand on your undoubted talents further, can I suggest you get them proof-read before publishing?

A couple of spelling errors took the shine off an, otherwise excellent, report which effectively described the game very well.

Simply Red believes! :dancing6:

Windows spell checker not the best :D

Watching Carey yesterday reminded me of the days when we had Shaun Taylor at the back big strong and a good header of the ball. It seems that Louis has taken his mentors reign in central defence and proving what a valuable player he is. Lets hope he signs a new contract soon. Good report BB!!

We don't need John Terry,

cause we got Louis Carey,

la la la la,

la la la la :dancing6:

Good report BB. Thought Johnson should have brought on Smith instead of Jevons who would have given the reduced Yeovil defence a bit more of a run-around.

Good photo on the front page of todays Independent which shows that there was no reason to disallow Carey's goal...if the ref thought that Mildenhall had been impeded, it was in fact by a Yeovil defender!!

Agree with pretty much all of that, except considering he was still recovering from an injury, and the influence he had on the game, Dave Noble deserved an 8 or 9. His sprinting was better too, especially in the first half. Pace isn't everything, Betsy has it in abundance, but can't seem to beat the man atm.

Skuse was injured, a dead leg, from memory?

I still wouldn't bring him back next week.

Tough on him and with three midfielders no doubt he'll get his chance soon enough.

Skuse does a good job defensively but adds next to nothing in the final third.He needs to develop a better passing range and improve his shooting.At that point he'll be some player and he's still young enough to do that.

Only 7 out of 10 for Noble tut tut.

When Noble is in the team we play our best football it is not a coincidence that happens.

He is the differance.

In fairness, we were every bit as good when DN went off.He was a borderline seven/eight but looked like he was tiring after a spell on the sidelines and didn't put in a full shift.Let's see how it goes over the next three games.

Skuse does a good job defensively but adds next to nothing in the final third.He needs to develop a better passing range and improve his shooting.At that point he'll be some player and he's still young enough to do that.

Did he not register an assist against Forest? :blush:

I still wouldn't bring him back next week.

Tough on him and with three midfielders no doubt he'll get his chance soon enough.

Good report and I agree - keep the side the same. However, if McCallister is fit then he comes straight back in for me.

Subs

Thomas

Keogh

Skuse

Jevons

JMW

No Smith or Fontaine let alone Brooker, Murray.

Good report and I agree - keep the side the same. However, if McCallister is fit then he comes straight back in for me.

Subs

Thomas

Keogh

Skuse

Jevons

JMW

No Smith or Fontaine let alone Brooker, Murray.

In fairness, when you consider that McAllister, Brooker & Murray would probably all feature in most peoples best starting XI, then add to that the fact that Skuse & Weale missed Saturdays game with injury, our squad isn't bad.GJ's done well to get us where we are given the injuries to players in key positions at the same time and, taking into account the number of games we've played (55) so far this season.

He just needs to get over the final hurdle/s to prove his point.

Archived