IGNORED

Adriano Basso

Rudolf Hucker

After the Yeovil game my two boys wanted to hang around and get some autographs. All of the players - from City and Yeovil were very obliging and signed their programme. Cue Basso.

My 10 year old hands him the programme and a pen and as Basso prepares to sign, says to him "Believe".

Basso smiles, says "Yes, you're right, you must believe my friend" then signs his programme ...

"Basso - Jesus loves you - John 1:12".

When I was a kid, I had pleasure collecting autographs and occasionally got a "Best Wishes" tagged onto the players signature but never a biblical reference!

Basso's a top man (and a top keeper, as his two stunning saves testified) and made my kids' day. Top man.

After the Yeovil game my two boys wanted to hang around and get some autographs. All of the players - from City and Yeovil were very obliging and signed their programme. Cue Basso.

My 10 year old hands him the programme and a pen and as Basso prepares to sign, says to him "Believe".

Basso smiles, says "Yes, you're right, you must believe my friend" then signs his programme ...

When I was a kid, I had pleasure collecting autographs and occasionally got a "Best Wishes" tagged onto the players signature but never a biblical reference!

Basso's a top man (and a top keeper, as his two stunning saves testified) and made my kids' day. Top man.

And good on him

Basso the target of so much vitriol last season is a bloody hero for us now...God bless him...God bless your kids`and our chances over the next few weeks...They, him and us deserve it....

Disgraceful. This could cause great offence to all non-Christians, as it should be recognised that Britain is a multi-faith and diverse multi-cultural society. This should be stopped immediately before it reaches the news and a fatwah is issued against our football Club. :bonkers:

Just out of interest, the Bible passage Basso is referring to is:

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Never thought I'd do that on this forum, or any others, for that matter!

I'm glad we have a great chance of going up because the standard Basso has played this season can definately get spooted by a higher club.

hes been excellent lately and that save wasnt showmanship.Many keepers would have parried that away but Basso held onto that brilliant which these days you don't see that often.

RH, Basso signed my mates Bristol City flag which is full of autographs from old and current city players. But Bassos autograph is by far the most eye-cathcing. He wrote exactly the same as you have typed in but also with a little smiley face at the end of it.

I did have to laugh when the match officials emerged from the dressing rooms after the game. All four of them came out wearing identical suits, shirts and ties towing pull-along holdalls.

"Who are they?" asked my 10 year old.

"The referee and linesman." said I.

"I'm going to get the referee's autograph." he said, and chased after them through the car park - hidden from my view by the Yeovil team bus.

He came back after a couple of minutes, proudly waving his programme. "Got it!" he said, and handed the programme to me to inspect.

Not recognising the signature to be anything resembling the words "Mike" or "Dean", I flicked to the team sheet to see that he had succeeded in obtaining the autograph of the lineman with the red/yellow chequered flag, one Mr M.S. Yerby from Kent!

I'll bet that's the first time he's ever been asked to give an autograph! I've been taking the micky out of my boy all weekend!

Like he says himself, he will one day play in the premiership.

Having his belief in the team is brilliant.

Pulled off some super saves on the weekend.

and obviously a nice guy aswell. Even if he does quote the bible as much as dot cotton.

RedMJnr and RedEmz both went off to get Basso's autograph at the friendly match at Clevedon last year. I was watching from a distance and wondered what the heck he was writing as he was taking so long! They proudly came back with signed programmes, 'Adriano Basso, Jesus loves you John 8:32'.

Some may knock his belief and faith but it obviously works for him and he seems to be able to inspire confidence in others, and that can't be a bad skill to have.

Legend! :Believe:

'Adriano Basso, Jesus loves you John 8:32'.

Legend! :Believe:

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" was the advice for RedMJnr and RedEmz!

He is a top bloke and I see nothing wrong what so ever in what he does, just makes him a special person in my eyes!!

He signed my shirt on the ST legends thing. John 3:16 was my message along with Jesus loves you!

for good orders sake Basso's message to Rocky was "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Not something that you get everyday!

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" was the advice for RedMJnr and RedEmz!

He is a top bloke and I see nothing wrong what so ever in what he does, just makes him a special person in my eyes!!

Thanks, a bit cryptic that! this was like I said at Clevedon, before we knew how this season was going to develop. I have taken your quote and now think 'We know the truth, (that we will get promotion) and it sets us free to believe it will happen!!!'

:Believe:

Basso is a top bloke and he made a top save to deny Yeovil in the second half. Basso leaped high to his left to stop a fierce goal bound shot. :clapping:

Psalm 117:

O Praise the LORD, all ye nations; praise him all ye people.

For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Basso has become outstanding. He is far and away a better keeper than cry baby, not just because hes now gas but he just IS so much better.

The two saves on the weekend were seriously 'world class' no doubt about that. And just his all round attitude is excellent. Great bloke too by the sounds of it.

Not that my opinion counts for much but for me, the best two keepers in the division were on the pitch on Saturday.

I was one of Adriano Basso's critics last season, I felt he cost you too many goals from the brief highlights I saw on the telly. If Chris Weale had been fit, I'm sure one of those goals may have cost Basso his place.

That said, from the little I've seen of him this season, he's been awesome. I still think Steve Mildenhall is the better keeper ( just ) but yer man is definitely the most improved player I've seen from last season.

Fair play to him and his beliefs...

Not that my opinion counts for much but for me, the best two keepers in the division were on the pitch on Saturday.

I was one of Adriano Basso's critics last season, I felt he cost you too many goals from the brief highlights I saw on the telly. If Chris Weale had been fit, I'm sure one of those goals may have cost Basso his place.

That said, from the little I've seen of him this season, he's been awesome. I still think Steve Mildenhall is the better keeper ( just ) but yer man is definitely the most improved player I've seen from last season.

If you were in the East End on Saturday - with your fellow Yeovil supporters - you would have seen Basso leap high to his left to actually catch a fierce goal bound shot. That was a world class save as most keepers would have probably just parried the ball and not caught it to deny any oncoming forward.

Fair play Mac Basso has made some fantastic saves this season the one against your lot second have and the one that stopped Maynard scoring against Crewe spring to my mind. Mildenhall isnt a bad keeper for this league either.

Archived