IGNORED

Pre Match Music Killing Atmosphere

woodshap

I can't believe this problem is still happening!

We start getting ready for the big kick-off, and just as we start singing, they quickly put on "The Final Countdown" at an unnecessarily loud volume to drown us out, so we are literally forced to stop singing.

a) we should be allowed to get ourselves motivated.

b) it's way too loud anyway.

Surely we've got to change this?

I am so fed up with the music blaring out and killing the atmosphere. I agree something has to be done.

3000 Yeovil fans in good voice should have been countered by the singing of City fans all around the ground. The City players in the dressing room should have been inspired and motivated by the noise made by those sitting just above them in the Atyeo. The Yeovil players should have had the had the fear of God put into them while they waited to come out. Instead ... Staus Quo followed by The Final Countdown.

At one point, the announcer said "Right, let's kill the noise and let the atmosphere build ...". Great, I thought, at last. Then I cringed at the "When I call your name, I want you to stand up and cheer". It's become like a sporting version of Hi-Di-Hi.

I don't know of anyone who likes it or wants it. It's time to stop it, beginning at the Rotherham game please.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, there was about 10 of us in the Atyeo yesterday who all thought the same thing. We tried getting 'Bring on the City' going but got blown away but that bloody Final Countdown rubbish. Something should be done

They have to drown us out with music otherwise the PA wouldn't be able to go "round the stands" like a cheerleader now would he?

It really all needs to stop, the cheesy goddamn music and the plastic crap announcing. During "round the stands" I heard at least three people shouting "Popcorn!" - cracked me up.

They have to drown us out with music otherwise the PA wouldn't be able to go "round the stands" like a cheerleader now would he?

It really all needs to stop, the cheesy goddamn music and the plastic crap announcing. During "round the stands" I heard at least three people shouting "Popcorn!" - cracked me up.

I thought we'd all been listened to when I didn't hear a peep from that clown PA announcer at the last home game.

However, sadly I heard him say on the radio yesterday to Twentyman that he came down with a throat infection and couldn't "perform".

We'll be a laughing stock in the Championship with this idiot.

I was going to post exactly the same thing.

I don't like the pre-match music anyway, especially at the volume they play it. The old fella who sits next to me is hard of hearing anyway, so conversations arent easy, but once the music starts he stands no chance. Has anyone thought that we might want to talk to the person sat next to us without shouting ?

And when you have 19 thousand people in the ground, why do you need to play cheesy eighties rock to create an atmosphere ? Surely someone is missing the point here ?

Goodness knows what its going to be like when they buy the new PA system...

I used to like the guy on the mike who is one of the more natural and professional of those who they have had over the years. I also thought there was a point where I thought he was doing his best to get atmosphere out of a very quiet crowd especially last season.

Where he appears to have gone wrong is: -

1. Mistakenly thinking that he is now the "star of the show"
  2. Not recognising that the crowd are quite enthusiastic themselves again and don't need all this prompting.

I don't want to knock him completely because there are elements of what he does that are much better than any of the others, especially "Mike the draw man" who someone apparently once told he was either funny or his opinion meant something!

As for the 70s/80's rock music I find that incredibly embarrassing although I do think something is needed as the players come out on the pitch. I am 45 and could suggest half a dozen tracks from the last two years that would be more appropriate, I also work in the Bingo industry and can tell you that even our clubs play music from a more recent era than the City do. That is as sad an indictment as I can imagine.

I used to like the guy on the mike who is one of the more natural and professional of those who they have had over the years. I also thought there was a point where I thought he was doing his best to get atmosphere out of a very quiet crowd especially last season.

remember that mad gashead announcer that got the sack over his comments about junior bent?

maybe we need somebody like that?

second thoughts maybe not...

2. Not recognising that the crowd are quite enthusiastic themselves again and don't need all this prompting.
I don't want to knock him completely because there are elements of what he does that are much better than any of the others, especially "Mike the draw man" who someone apparently once told he was either funny or his opinion meant something!

As for the 70s/80's rock music I find that incredibly embarrassing although I do think something is needed as the players come out on the pitch. I am 45 and could suggest half a dozen tracks from the last two years that would be more appropriate, I also work in the Bingo industry and can tell you that even our clubs play music from a more recent era than the City do. That is as sad an indictment as I can imagine.

Sorry....... what is wrong with 'OLD' music ?

Okay you could pick far better tunes than they do..... but hey ....... I could pick better tunes than they do from any period in musical history......... it's all down to taste at the end of the day?

Bingo.......... is even sadder than football.......... just my opinion and trying to make it trendy for 'Now' chicks and blokes is even sadder......... it's all about bums on seats is it not?

Sorry....... what is wrong with 'OLD' music ?

Okay you could pick far better tunes than they do..... but hey ....... I could pick better tunes than they do from any period in musical history......... it's all down to taste at the end of the day?

Bingo.......... is even sadder than football.......... just my opinion and trying to make it trendy for 'Now' chicks and blokes is even sadder......... it's all about bums on seats is it not?

I agree there is great music that could be chosen, but obvious dirges like "rocking all over the world" "The final countdown" etc are just too naff for words.

As far as Bingo goes, I have never played the game but it's an industry that I have fallen into. The point I was trying to make was that even they have recognised that more of todays customers grew up in the 80's and 90's than the 50's 60's which was the music that they were playing two years ago.

I walked along the front of the Dolman before the match and all I could hear was the overbearing music. I got to the east end and it didn't seem as loud in there, that is where it should be loud to drown out the away support. Don't they know anything down at the Gate?

I am so fed up with the music blaring out and killing the atmosphere. I agree something has to be done.

3000 Yeovil fans in good voice should have been countered by the singing of City fans all around the ground. The City players in the dressing room should have been inspired and motivated by the noise made by those sitting just above them in the Atyeo. The Yeovil players should have had the had the fear of God put into them while they waited to come out. Instead ... Staus Quo followed by The Final Countdown.

At one point, the announcer said "Right, let's kill the noise and let the atmosphere build ...". Great, I thought, at last. Then I cringed at the "When I call your name, I want you to stand up and cheer". It's become like a sporting version of Hi-Di-Hi.

I don't know of anyone who likes it or wants it. It's time to stop it, beginning at the Rotherham game please.

As long as the fans cheer when he asks us to, then it will carry on. I suggest that when he calls out the name of each stand in turn, everyone in that stand boos. That will soon put an end to it.

Archived