IGNORED

Done,dusted

leadman

one that BBC predictor thing, I just had City down for 2 draws and a win. City and Forest ended up on the same points (84) and the same goal difference (+24). What will happen if this occurs? Will it go to goals scored?

No it goes to B is before N so Bristol City go up :) ........ that would be nice ...... and only a few more games to find out

If two or more teams finish level on points the team with the better goal difference will finish higher.

If two or more teams have the same points and the same goal difference, the team which has scored the higher number of goals will finish higher.

If two or more teams finish level on points, goal difference and goals scored at the end of the season and the championship, a promotion place, play-off place or relegation place is at stake they will then play off to decide who finishes higher.

If two or more teams are level before the end of the season on points, goal difference and goals scored, then alphabetical order will determine the team finishing higher.

No it goes to B is before N so Bristol City go up :) ........ that would be nice ...... and only a few more games to find out

Goals Scored comes first; hence why on the opening day of the season, a scrappy 4-3 win would put you pretty high up the table. If that is the same, I presume it would go to a play-off, they would never decide promotion on the team name.

Goals Scored comes first; hence why on the opening day of the season, a scrappy 4-3 win would put you pretty high up the table. If that is the same, I presume it would go to a play-off, they would never decide promotion on the team name.

Just in case Blackpool make a late charge we should probably consider changing our name to Aardvark Bristol City.

If a promotion of relegation place is at stake and the goal difference, goal scored are both the same then the two teams play off. If there is nothing at stake for example a mid table finish and goal difference and goal scored is the same, then it goes to team name.

Then wouldn't we just regret all those 1-0 wins earlier in the season, when we took strikers off for defenders to protect our lead?

Then wouldn't we just regret all those 1-0 wins earlier in the season, when we took strikers off for defenders to protect our lead?

Probably not, If we hadn't protected the 1-0 leads, we could have let goals in, dropped points, and would not now be in our current position.

Archived