IGNORED

92% Of Fans Want Choice Regarding Safe Standing!

cheshire_red

The problem is every time there is any trouble in the European games, the media always wheel out the same reason. "It doesn't happen here anymore because of the safer grounds, and the grounds are safer (and easier to police) because of the seating"

Fans groups can produce stats and petitions for the next 10 years and it wont make a scrap of difference while there are those who can't behave, here, and in other parts of Europe.

The problem is every time there is any trouble in the European games, the media always wheel out the same reason. "It doesn't happen here anymore because of the safer grounds, and the grounds are safer (and easier to police) because of the seating"

Fans groups can produce stats and petitions for the next 10 years and it wont make a scrap of difference while there are those who can't behave, here, and in other parts of Europe.

trouble in the European games of late have been fighting across seating, the problem is not sitting or standing but those

chucking punches and as we have seen in European games the police have been doing their fair share of that.

There was trouble at the Darlington Hartlepool match a few weeks ago, In A All Seater Stadium.

The trouble at Roma was in a All Seater Stadium,

And Sevilla's stadium is all seater, This is when they were playing tottenham

42772479violence203cq3.jpg

I don't think that seat is meant to be half way in the air,

Having seats doesn't stop trouble, people who want to cause trouble will try to cause trouble if there is seats or not.

The stewards don't bother making people sit down on big games anyway, because they know if they do it will more or likely kick off.

Did the police make millwall fans sit down when they came down to the gate, Not a Chance.

I asked the steward who keeps making people in G Block sit down Why he doesn't make the away fans sit down, His Response was, I'm only told to do this bit and good luck in making them sit down.

O so its ok if theres a few of you and your away from home, I don't see City getting reported to the council for away fans being stood up, but 600 city standing up in the East End against Brentford and we get reported to the council for it!!

Just because you want to stand and sing doesn't make you a hooligan.

I think the issue now is down to the police/club wanting to know exactly who is in there ground and where abouts they are rather than the safety of a certain amount of people on a terrace.

Safe Standing has been proved a success. i looked into it a while back, and i'm sure somewhere in ireland/scotland was using a relatively new terrace.

I'd have to say.. imo, SL would never agree to a terrace. However much i & it seems the majority of you want it.

trouble in the European games of late have been fighting across seating, the problem is not sitting or standing but those

chucking punches and as we have seen in European games the police have been doing their fair share of that.

There was trouble at the Darlington Hartlepool match a few weeks ago, In A All Seater Stadium.

The trouble at Roma was in a All Seater Stadium,

And Sevilla's stadium is all seater, This is when they were playing tottenham

42772479violence203cq3.jpg

I don't think that seat is meant to be half way in the air,

Having seats doesn't stop trouble, people who want to cause trouble will try to cause trouble if there is seats or not.

The stewards don't bother making people sit down on big games anyway, because they know if they do it will more or likely kick off.

Did the police make millwall fans sit down when they came down to the gate, Not a Chance.

I asked the steward who keeps making people in G Block sit down Why he doesn't make the away fans sit down, His Response was, I'm only told to do this bit and good luck in making them sit down.

O so its ok if theres a few of you and your away from home, I don't see City getting reported to the council for away fans being stood up, but 600 city standing up in the East End against Brentford and we get reported to the council for it!!

Just because you want to stand and sing doesn't make you a hooligan.

I knew my reply would get this reaction. I am not advocating all seater stadiums, I am 45 and grew up on the terraces, know they're safe and would welcome a return to that environment.

My point wasn't that trouble is confined to standing areas, but that the media who have the biggest influence, report it that way.

The strange thing is that I would have expected the Murdoch empire to want safe standing. Grounds look fuller when people are standing and nothing makes for a greater spectacle than a crowd moving as one entity. It is noticeable that Sky don't seem to complain about the Kop standing throughout games and show shots of them doing so throughout Anfield matches.

I knew my reply would get this reaction. I am not advocating all seater stadiums, I am 45 and grew up on the terraces, know they're safe and would welcome a return to that environment.

My point wasn't that trouble is confined to standing areas, but that the media who have the biggest influence, report it that way.

The strange thing is that I would have expected the Murdoch empire to want safe standing. Grounds look fuller when people are standing and nothing makes for a greater spectacle than a crowd moving as one entity. It is noticeable that Sky don't seem to complain about the Kop standing throughout games and show shots of them doing so throughout Anfield matches.

I see what your saying and my point was seating or standing has nothing to do with the trouble not matter if your for or against standing

Archived