IGNORED

Just Back From The Fireworks

WesM

Just back from the Firework Display at AG.

On the whole it was a very entertaining hour or so. The main event, the fireworks were fantastic and well worth the money. The minature fair outside the Williams was also pretty impressive. The sound from GWR left a little to be desired, I sat in the Atyeo and couldn't hear a word that was said.

As with everything Bristol City, there were a few things that let the evening down.

Unbelievably, less than 24 hours after Steve Lansdown appeared on BCFC World, talking about money issues and raising as much money for the club as possible.......I get to the ground to find the Club Shop closed at 7pm.

This has got to be a huge howler and embarrasment to the club. How, with 4000+ people around the stadium, does it make commercial sense to close the club shop???

I suppose we should be used to it by now!!

I have to say, if it's anything like last year's - I would of hated it.

I may be the only one with this opinion, but i think the whole thing is tosh! :Confused13:

Didn't think the fireworks lasted long enough - Last year, i cant stand rides anyway, not because i'm scared of them - Anything but that, but obviously joint with the facts the cues were ridiculous, i really didn't enjoy my night november 5th 2002 :Confused13:

Should of been given your money whilst walking through turnstyles and go in - Anyhow, that is ridiculous about the club shop.

Went to the one at The Brittannia Stadium at the weekend, we go every year, fireworks are fantastic and Sjoke would kill for that attendance every week!! Had to put up with a performance from the Cheeky girls and someone else though. Last year Daniel Beningfield was on so the kids enjoyed that.

Disappointed to report that the Stoke City club shop was most definitely open and they were pushing the next home game thro the PA extensively.

Fatman - couldn't agree more about the club shop.

We were talking about it on the way down betting it would be closed but could still hardly believe it was.

6,000 potential customers there, how much would it cost the club to have 2 or 3 staff in for a few hours. A few new fans to be had amongst the 1st time visitors by going home with a City related purchase?

The fireworks though were fantastic - maybe only 20 minutes or so but at that volume and intensity that was enough.

One of the best displays i've seen, the whole family enjoyed it and we'll definitely be back next year.

P.s. Saw Bobby Gould outside, luckily Gerry Gow was nowhere to be seen or there could've been a repeat of their on the pitch "fireworks" when they had that punch-up in the 70's. :sport5:

Archived