IGNORED

A Few Brainteasers...

Red_Jim

A bit bored at uni and avoiding coursework, thought I'd pass the time with this.

Reply to the following questions with what you think! Ive been watching City properly since about 1997, so this is what I think...

1. What is the greatest City match you've ever watched?

2. Best player you've seen pull on a City shirt?

3. What rule would you like to see introduced into football? (goal line technology not allowed)

4. Promotion or England World Cup Victory?

5. Final score at Carlisle on Saturday?

My answers:

1 - not seen many scorchers sadly but it'd be a toss up between 4-1 home v Grimsby in our last promo season, 4-0 v Reading where Dani Rodrigues ran the show before that horrific injury or 3-2 v Gas around Xmas time in 2000. Will all be topped by hopefully seeing us clinch promotion some time in the next 2 weeks! :fingerscrossed:

2 - the Tinman for sheer quality and consistent service. Always loved Colin Cramb when he was here and Scotty Murray has given us some great moments, while Louis Carey is up there. But I'd give it to Tinman on the 10 years ive been watching.

3 - I'd like to see them introduce no more rules and instead scrap the booking for over-celebrating. It's crazy - one of the best moments of the season (non-City) was seeing Tevez take off his shirt and jump into the West Ham fans after scoring his first goal - it's part of football and if you take away the emotion and passion youve got very little.

4 - PROMOTION

5 - I'm going to stick my neck out and say 1-0 city. Ive got my ticket and I can't wait - these lads have got it in them to do it, and they havent let us down often this year. Come on you reds!

Over to you - here's to getting 3 points closer on Saturday :Believe:

tough one but i'd go for city at wembley in the 80's city won 3-0 v Bolton and the one and only win at the

old twin towers and seeing a city captin climb those once famous stairs of wembley and lift a trophy was a once

in a life time experience no matter what the competition being played for.

That i've seen GERRY GOW pure grit and passion

3. What rule would you like to see introduced into football? (goal line technology not allowed)

Sending off the dive merchants just like the diver we had at the play off final in cardiff

Promotion

City 3 carlise 2

A bit bored at uni and avoiding coursework, thought I'd pass the time with this.

Reply to the following questions with what you think! Ive been watching City properly since about 1997, so this is what I think...

1. What is the greatest City match you've ever watched? Liverpool 0 City 1 at Anfield

2. Best player you've seen pull on a City shirt? Andy Cole

Ban moaners from Ashton Gate

4. Promotion or England World Cup Victory? Promotion

5. Final score at Carlisle on Saturday? 1-0 to City :drunk2:

My answers:

1 - not seen many scorchers sadly but it'd be a toss up between 4-1 home v Grimsby in our last promo season, 4-0 v Reading where Dani Rodrigues ran the show before that horrific injury or 3-2 v Gas around Xmas time in 2000. Will all be topped by hopefully seeing us clinch promotion some time in the next 2 weeks! :fingerscrossed:

2 - the Tinman for sheer quality and consistent service. Always loved Colin Cramb when he was here and Scotty Murray has given us some great moments, while Louis Carey is up there. But I'd give it to Tinman on the 10 years ive been watching.

3 - I'd like to see them introduce no more rules and instead scrap the booking for over-celebrating. It's crazy - one of the best moments of the season (non-City) was seeing Tevez take off his shirt and jump into the West Ham fans after scoring his first goal - it's part of football and if you take away the emotion and passion youve got very little.

4 - PROMOTION

5 - I'm going to stick my neck out and say 1-0 city. Ive got my ticket and I can't wait - these lads have got it in them to do it, and they havent let us down often this year. Come on you reds!

Leeds Utd at AG in 76 (cos it was my first!)

Norman Hunter

Mandatory standing, singing, smoking and swearing

Promotion

1-0 to City, Boom Boom in 92nd minute

City 2 - 1 H'pool [play off semi final 2004]

Brian tinnion

Atleast 5 english players per side

Promotion

1-0 City

My answers:

4 - PROMOTION

City 1-0 Pompey, 1976,my first night match and history was made.

Best player you've seen pull on a City shirt?

Got to be Gerry Gow or Jacki.

Abolish the offside rule.

Promotion

1-2 City

1. City v Hartlepool in Play-off final - still makes the hairs on the end of my neck stand up when I watch the Goodfellow and Roberrts goals go in and the celebrations.

2. Probs say Tinman for the intelligence, reading of the game and sheer ability - oh and he scored a goal at Anfield sometime??!!

3. Booking players for over-celebrating......what a load of ###### shit that rule is! If I played for City Id want to jump in the crowd everytime I got the winning goal.

4. Promotion for sure.

5. Been saying 1-1 all week but feel optimistic at the moment and will go for 1-0 to the Reds.

PS Good questions by the way!

Um... Only young but the Millwall game a few years ago gave me the best feeling. Beating them 2-1 with a last minute penalty from Lee Matthews. Was good seeing them beat Cambridge 6-2 as well.

Um... Either Tommy Doherty at his best or Scott Murray.

Red card offences for diving, and possibly something to replace throw-ins, as I feel they slow the game down. I think kick-ins could possibly be better, not entirely sure though.

Sorry but England World Cup victory. You obviously have to love your club but you have to be proud to be English.

2-1 to City.

1. Mansfield Town 5- 4 City! well the last 10 minutes is the greatest ive probably seen :whistle2:

2. Tommy Doc without a doubt. always up for the challenge and he was never scared of anyone

3. Technology to help linesmen get decisions right

4. Promotion definatly

5. 1-0 to city! Jevons to win it :rolleyes:

Been watching regular since 1990 - ST holder since 1993

1) Mansfield 4 Bristol City 5 for the last few mins (amazing) OR Liverpool 0 Bristol City 1 for the occasion and being proud

The mansfield game just.... stuff like that don't happen very often

2) Jacki shades it from God Taylor & Tinman

3) Taking away needless yellows for celebrating + looking at video's after the game and throwing the book at divers - massive fines and bans, it will soon stamp it out. Or banning Neil Warnock from football !!

4) Promo - no choice City till I die

5) 2-1 City (Enoch & Nobes)

1. 3 portsmouth,arsenal and coventry.

2. jacki, bob taylor, trevor tainton, the doc, norman hunter, gowie, keith fear, donny giles, clive whitehead, jimmy mann, ray cashley, paul cheeseley to many to mention.

3. instant red for diving

4. promo, seen england win world cup, would still want city even if i hadn't.

5. 2-0 city

1.Leeds v City FA Cup replay 1974, Don Gillies instant hero

2.A tough one, i grew up watching City in the 70`s and Clive Whitehead was a favourite of mine, could do with the likes of him now. But the best i`ve seen ? A toss up between Norman Hunter and Andy Cole.

3.Scrap the ridiculous ruling where a player recieving treatment if fouled has to leave the pitch.

4.Promotion every time.

5.2-0 Johnson, Carey.

PDG

1. Seen lots of great matches over the years but prefer the away ones lots away in our last promotion campaign spring to mind Wigan away 3-0 and Brentford away 4-1.

2. Best player loved Jackie Was a very skillful player havent seen a player like him since he left us!!

3. A rule would be to have a sin bin like the rugby teams have would save alot of players getting sent off for stupid things!!

4. Promotion any day of the week. In 18 years of watching city Ive only seen 2 promotions!!

5. 1-0 to city with a Boom Boom header. :)

Am from the younger generation aswell. Last promo season was first proper season supporting city.

1. 4-1 at Brentford springs to mind in last promo year

2. Got to be Tinman

3. remove stupid laws on over celebrating

4. very tough, but will go with promotion

5. 2-1 city :fingerscrossed:

Bristol City 2 Liverpool 1...Setting up the big one at Coventry

Most Skillful Was Dziekanowski....Best Player all around Gerry Gow

Football is the beautiful Game as it is

Promotion...England winning the WC will happen one day regardless of what we do

Carlisle 0 Bristol City 1

Hm, not a bad thread...

''What is the most mentle you've ever gone at the Football?'' that translates as....

I'll have to opt for Harlepool Play Off I think, swear I was seconds from a heart attack, two goals in two minutes - they shouldn't be doing that, man. EE too.

Shaun Goater's last minute winner verses Wrexham when our Play Off hopes were looking F#### in '97 was also quite an excitable moment.

Didn't get to Mansfield.

Well I loved Cramby and now Bradley, must pay my dues to TommyDoc, Matt Hill is right up ther too.

I'm only a babby see, just about remember Jacki and have a poster of him.

Tinman;LEGEND.

Oooh Shaun Taylor too, for me.

The liberation of Football from the oppression, the commersialisation the exploitatation and the PC tyranny. Football being given back to The people.

Were you inviting a rant or what ??

As it's April and we're well on for it I'll have to go City.

As for England; they epitomise all that I'm vexed with in the above answer.

0-1 City

1. City v Forest league cup semi final the better side were robbed!

2. See opposite. AW averaged over 19 goals a season from the left and RT had a 34 goal season... oh for that now it would all be over

3. Retrospective bookings for diving etc. Would stop it in a coulple of months.

4. Can I have both please?

5. Tough call 1-0 to the city

got to be 1977 coventry city always gives me goose bumps and a laugh

murry in his prime and super bob taylor

instant replays like the rugby and cricket when a iffy call is made

city every time but a bl@@dy close photo finish :laugh:

2-0 city would love to see hardman louis carey get in for his great team work and work rate

very good post by the way interesting views from all loyal bcfc fans

Beating rovers 4-2 in 96 up at trumpton.

Jacki, Bob Taylor, Brian Tinnion.

Straight red for diving.

Without a doubt promotion.

I will tell you tomorrow, but a city victory :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

1. Beating the Gas at the Gate 1-0 with Louie Donawa scoring the winner in the 87th minute to end an 8 year jinx over us.

2. Super Bob, Tinman, Jacki, but my favourite ever was Dave Smith. What a left winger he was.

3. I'm with WTFIGO!, GIVE THE GAME BACK TO THE PEOPLE

4. I would like both. Greedy I know.

5. I'm going against the grain here but I can see it ending 1-1.

City 3 Chelsea 1 (I think or was it 2), never mind we gave them one hell of a beating in the 89/90 season in the FA cup...

Tinman, Murray, Jacki and Nicky Morgan (up front for us in early 90's a very classy player, who got us vital goals, but not prolific.).

Yellow card for defenders shielding the ball out with no attempt to play it (drives me mad)

It like asking who you prefer, your wife or your kids!! a tough one, but England for me, just cos its been so long. (gulp)

2-2 goals, cos both teams need three points and will go for it... city to get a late equaliser (let hope I'm wrong).

1. Beating the Gas at the Gate 1-0 with Louie Donawa scoring the winner in the 87th minute to end an 8 year jinx over us.

2. .....but my favourite ever was Dave Smith. What a left winger he was.

Both great shouts!! just imagine if we had Dave Smith on one wing with Mark Gavin on the other now (they would leave Betsy and co for dust!!) and we would already be up, first team on holiday with fat cigars and the final games being played by the reserve players!!

City 2 Hartlepool 1 - What an amazing night

Jacki Dzeikonowski. My boyhood hero!

Wage cap and maximum transfer fee to allow all clubs a more even playing field.

Promotion every day of the week.

I honestly believe itll be 2-0 to City!! Cmon u reds!!

City 3 Chelsea 1 (I think or was it 2), never mind we gave them one hell of a beating in the 89/90 season in the FA cup...

Def 3-1, i was on exercise in Norway at the time and came in to the bar after some training to find it live on Norwegian telly ! Mental.

PDG

Hartlepool or Stoke in the LDV (First trip to Wembley).

The Goat.

The respect shown to ref is awful.

'06 would be World Cup as I was on holiday with my mates. Every other time it's promotion.

Carlsile 0 - 1 City Enoch (83')

Archived