IGNORED

Dario Gradi To Announce Retirement Later Today

cheshire_red

Be quite a sad day for Football. He has contributed so much during his time. Not just at our level, but also as far as international level. I think its fair to say that if it wasnt for him, players like Dean Ashton, Danny Murhpy and various others may never have gone onto represent England at full level.

Be quite a sad day for Football. He has contributed so much during his time. Not just at our level, but also as far as international level. I think its fair to say that if it wasnt for him, players like Dean Ashton, Danny Murhpy and various others may never have gone onto represent England at full level.

DAVID PLATT. England Leg-end.

Now announced he's reducing his workload but will still be there. Top man.

BBC Story

That's true and now we have our own in GJ, but well down Dario for his commitment to that railway team

I wouldn't say GJ was the same. When he left Yeovil the discussion on TTB seemed to settle on that the way that ambitious managers work (Dario being an honourable exception) is to take a club as far as it can realistically go and then move on. Prime example being Martin O'Neill finally realising that he wasn't going to win the premiership with Wycombe.

I think GJ said at the time that he wanted to improve our fortunes such that wew were established in the Championship and getting 20k+ gates. Implicit within that statement is that at that point he would then look for a step up to a bigger club as he had done in moving from Yeovil to us (for any Yeovil fans reading this - yes, we are bigger than you).

This puts the onus on the board and management to develop the club such that 20k+ gates in the championship is an ambition but not a ceiling. Fingers crossed.

My listing of Dario stars:

Rob Jones

David Platt

Danny Murphy

Seth Johnstone

Dean Ashton

Geeat manager who showed tremendous loyalty and developed some great players over the years. All clubs would welcome a manager like Dario.

All managers would welcome a board to back them through good and bad times like they have. Much RESPECT DARIO.

Archived