IGNORED

Anyone Else Had City Ring Them?

Dollymarie

Isnt that the whole point of a forum?

Having a bit of debate?

I gave my viewpoint on something which had slightly annoyed me, I get annoyed by people trying to make money by selling you something. Are you telling me that if someone from a telesales company had rung you, you don't get a teeny bit annoyed by it.

I don't think ive complained at all about anyone not agreeing with me, and so what if I'm the only one it would seem in this thread who was slightly annoyed by someone trying to sell me something when I have already put in money and more than enough time to the football club this season (yes by choice and I am not ranting about that either.)

Dolly, in your first word on this post, you have dropped an apostrophe. Also, there was really no need for your second sentence to go below the first. Is that supposed to be a new paragraph or something? You lost me there.

Please see me after class.

Dolly, in your first word on this post, you have dropped an apostrophe. Also, there was really no need for your second sentence to go below the first. Is that supposed to be a new paragraph or something? You lost me there.

Please see me after class.

Yes Sir, sorry sir!

Can we all lighten up a bit now, something about Promotion? I gave my view on something, people didnt agree, and I'm old enough to take it on the chin.

• SC&T Board Members
On every Season Ticket application form there is a Privacy section which states the following:

Please tick this box if you do not wish your details to be used by Bristol City FC to inform you of any future offers or merchandising

opportunities from the club.

Please tick this box if you do not wish your details to be used by third-party official partners of Bristol City FC to inform you of any

future offers or merchandising opportunities.

Did you tick these boxes? If not, then there's not a lot to complain about. If you did, then you need to take it up with the club, data protection and all that.

Thanks for reminding us of those options - I'll certainly make sure to check them next time around. Like Dolly, I object to being cold called ... and it wasn't by 'the club' - they had clearly farmed the work out to a telesales operation, as the call came did not come from a Bristol number and, as others have indicated, the people making the calls had no idea why City fans might not be available on Saturday!

I have no objection with City raising money through the Foundation. Personally, I don't do lotteries. Never have, never will. But I'm sure others enjoy them and some will win good money. However the club has IMHO scored an own goal in terms of goodwill in the way that this fund-raising scheme has been marketed to date ... the 'secret' evening was a cheap trick, and now they've followed up with the cold-calling of fans by an outsourced telesales operation. The first smacked of timeshare, the latter of double-glazing. With the big crowds and high spirits around at the moment, I'm sure they could have pushed the Foundation by less intrusive and - to many - objectionable means.

Had the club simply included a leaflet detailing the scheme and it's benefits to the club and myself with my season ticket renewal in a straightforward no nonsense manner I'd have signed up.

I won't sign up now because I thoroughly dislike the way the evening was handled and detest cold calling, and I don't want to encourage them to use these irritating sales practises in future.

I don't like the way the club's marketing department views fans merely as customers the same as any other business, it shows a real lack of understanding of that relationship. We're far more than just people who buy stuff IMO.

Just had some woman ring me from BCFC.

Wanting to know if I had heard of the City foundation and would I like to sign up.

My response "No thankyou I prefer to give my money to the Supporters Trust"

End of conversation.

Just warning people that they are ringing all the season ticket holders.

God they really are trying to make some money from this arent they. :disapointed2se:

That's a good un coming from one of the masterminds behind the supporters trust, who sent out thousands of emails without the consent of anyone.

If you want to see an example of a business hassling it's customers illegally, look a bit closer to home love.

I believe Bucksred posted it there in the first place and it wasnt moved at all :)

dolls is right. I did put it there, cos I figured it would get moved, AND it was designed to stimulate WITTY conversation. sadly lost on a fair few on this board

I will take your word for it Dollymarie as I have been imbibing of the barley water. But oi remains suspicioius.

Why, don't you trust ANYONE?????

can i introduce to you the word b***ocks

You might end up without yours......Dolls is a fiesty lady mate

Archived