CHAMPIONSHIP

pros

24 teams an extra 8 games

lower ticket prices

plenty of ex prem clubs to play over the last 10 years

hopefully being mid table team with a chance of a good cup run

cons

not in the promised land

As a city fan at the moment, the promised land is surely the championship, lets get there first!

We should try and model ourselves on a team like preston, in and around the playoffs most seasons.

I'd prefer to be a good champ side than a poor prem side, like watford. expecting to lose every game.

As a city fan at the moment, the promised land is surely the championship, lets get there first!

We should try and model ourselves on a team like preston, in and around the playoffs most seasons.

I'd prefer to be a good champ side than a poor prem side, like watford. expecting to lose every game.

Absolutely.

I wouldn't actually like us to go to the Prem so much. I'd rather us be in the Championship as a strong team than be in the Prem. At least we'll have less 'band wagon' fans then.

Plenty of good grounds in the Championship too. Most not as expensive as top flight grounds I'd imagine.

A good team in the FA Cup and playing Championship level football is my ideal 'level' that I think would be best IMO. :city:

Absolutely.

I wouldn't actually like us to go to the Prem so much. I'd rather us be in the Championship as a strong team than be in the Prem. At least we'll have less 'band wagon' fans then.

Plenty of good grounds in the Championship too. Most not as expensive as top flight grounds I'd imagine.

A good team in the FA Cup and playing Championship level football is my ideal 'level' that I think would be best IMO. :city:

Aim number one is promotion :fingerscrossed:

After that - stay in the championship (unlike last time)

Then - keep improving

If we then stand a chance of further promotion we then take it. Watford have spent very little, they have had a little adventure, and will have made an absolute fortune this season. When they kick off next season they will be a wealthier, better supported club with a stronger squad than they had two seasons ago and with a realistic chance of going back up again.

Preston a few years ago, when they looked like being promoted, told their fans that all they could expect from promotion was one season in the premiership as they weren't really ready for it and wouldn't waste money on panic signings. What they would do is take the premiership money and rebuild their entire training complex. Clever board.

My ideal level for City is regular top four in the premiership with a strong representation of local Academy talent in the team such as Middlesborough, and to a lesser extent Man Utd, has. What does it take to get there? Well promotion this season starts us off.

If we are in the championship next season, then 1 or 2 seasons of consolidation are an absolute priority. Then you can begin to go about life as an established championship club, and seriously attract the higher quality of payers needed for a further promotion effort.

If we can become an established championship side, then it is unrealistic not to target the premiership, and I belive the perfect model to follow should be Reading. They have a wealthy chairman, and have not flooded their team with too many foreign players, which I agree would take away alot of pride in following the club.

Imagine a day where City are mid table in the premiership, being captained by, lets say, Frankie Artus, and they have another 2/3 academy products in the team, with a few seasoned European pros to complement them. This would surely be worth the extra ticket cost, if only to be able to watch the best players and managers come and play at the Gate.

Archived