IGNORED

Just Back From The Game.

wurzel920

What a game what a atmosphere, what a comeback. Good result Bradley Orr was well up for it today. We ground out a result today. Didn't stop singing the whole second half. If they play like they did in the second half against Millwall next week the Championship here we come.

An inspired 2nd half display put City on the brink of the Championship.

1st half was pretty poor fair (same as Gillingham) with City devoid of idea up front and lacking effective wing play, Carlisle were a useful side and seemed to have more desire than our boys deserving their half time lead....or so we thought until Big Jamie popped up to send a simple Betsy cross into the net

Now out of jail, GJ as before obviously threw a few tea cups at half time and got the lads moving, apart from a couple of late attempts United created very little while City were clinical in front of goal. Enoch latching onto a superb Noble pass coolly slip one between the keepers legs, while Bradley mauraded down the right cut inside and sent a peach of a shot into the top corner. Pivital moment for me though at 1-1 Big Jamie's magnificant snake like tackle on the Carlisle forward which saved a sending off and probably a goal.

Ruddy Looked competant

Orr Continued good form of recent weeks great goal

Carey Solid and reliable

McCombe Brilliant saving tackle another goal star man

Fontaine Reasonably solid defensively against a lively Gall

Wilson Bit of a disappointment didn't affect the game

Russell Kept things moving well 2nd half

Johnson Energetic as always

Betsy Played in spells though generally average

Noble Good touch and control a growing influence in the game

Showamni Best game for several weeks the odd clumsy moment but did well.

An inspired 2nd half display put City on the brink of the Championship.

1st half was pretty poor fair (same as Gillingham) with City devoid of idea up front and lacking effective wing play, Carlisle were a useful side and seemed to have more desire than our boys deserving their half time lead....or so we thought until Big Jamie popped up to send a simple Betsy cross into the net

Now out of jail, GJ as before obviously threw a few tea cups at half time and got the lads moving, apart from a couple of late attempts United created very little while City were clinical in front of goal. Enoch latching onto a superb Noble pass coolly slip one between the keepers legs, while Bradley mauraded down the right cut inside and sent a peach of a shot into the top corner. Pivital moment for me though at 1-1 Big Jamie's magnificant snake like tackle on the Carlisle forward which saved a sending off and probably a goal.

Ruddy Looked competant

Orr Continued good form of recent weeks great goal

Carey Solid and reliable

McCombe Brilliant saving tackle another goal star man

Fontaine Reasonably solid defensively against a lively Gall

Wilson Bit of a disappointment didn't affect the game

Russell Kept things moving well 2nd half

Johnson Energetic as always

Betsy Played in spells though generally average

Noble Good touch and control a growing influence in the game

Showamni Best game for several weeks the odd clumsy moment but did well.

Well hello stranger...these match reports look familiar...haha! Glad you got back okay, it was definitely a long journey worth taking.

I just wonder if things would have been all over by now had we had a fit Murray and maybe Wilson wouldn't have been given the chance to put in disappointing performances of late, but can't complain. I'd rather be in our position that Forests... just wish I had a ticket for Millwall now...purlease let them release some more!!

Well hello stranger...these match reports look familiar...haha! Glad you got back okay, it was definitely a long journey worth taking.

I just wonder if things would have been all over by now had we had a fit Murray and maybe Wilson wouldn't have been given the chance to put in disappointing performances of late, but can't complain. I'd rather be in our position that Forests... just wish I had a ticket for Millwall now...purlease let them release some more!!

Hello U.... no point me repeat myself on Monday now ha ha

Back in Brizzle in 3 hours 25 mins warp factor 8 all the way, also disappointed your not at Wall how about going in their end disguised in that Blackburn away strip !

Off to watch MOTD now.... this is the life eh.

Hello U.... no point me repeat myself on Monday now ha ha

Back in Brizzle in 3 hours 25 mins warp factor 8 all the way, also disappointed your not at Wall how about going in their end disguised in that Blackburn away strip !

Off to watch MOTD now.... this is the life eh.

This is just mad, I haven't been on the forum for years and I used to be the top poster! Now I can't work out how to use it!! I used to have a lovely picture of Kustard cat with a city shirt on...my old profile has totally disappeared :crying:

And I am gutted I didn't get a ticket for Millwall...anyone got a spare?! And if they have spare seats there they really should release some to us, although I guess they will be worried about policing more fans and the trouble it would cause if we did get promotion there.

At least I have a ticket for the last home game, which I hope more than anything is celebrations all round...come on you city boys...

Great result today thought we were going to lose from our shaky start but the goal in injury time before half time saved us. Second half we were like a different team and Enoch looked a different class to how hes played in the last 3 or 4 matches. Bradley Orr was on fire and scored one of the best goals of the season. The lad had tears in his eyes and came over to us city fans in jubilent mood surrounded by the other players! Top support from the travelling army who didnt stop singing throughout the game too! Was very sporting of the Carlilse fans that stayed to clap off our players who respected the second half performance they gave. If we continue to play like we did second half we will certainly beat Millwall next Saturday. I'm convinced that we will go up automatically next weekend after todays performance. Well done to all the players and Gary for installing the belief in the team to win the game. A final get well soon to Basso who was missed today as he is an integral part of the team.

Just back on the cats. What a great day - I really thought we could break out the bubbly if we won, never mind, don't mind waiting a week.

Orr's goal was magnificent.

Can't believe no one is commenting on the idiotic home fan who tackled Wilson - what a plonker!

I didnt quite get why he did it anyway. What a plonker Carlilse had possesion at the time!! The stewards were a bit slow getting him off the pitch then later there was another fan on the pitch. Perhaps they make a habit of pitch invasions there!!

This is just mad, I haven't been on the forum for years and I used to be the top poster! Now I can't work out how to use it!! I used to have a lovely picture of Kustard cat with a city shirt on...my old profile has totally disappeared :crying:

And I am gutted I didn't get a ticket for Millwall...anyone got a spare?! And if they have spare seats there they really should release some to us, although I guess they will be worried about policing more fans and the trouble it would cause if we did get promotion there.

At least I have a ticket for the last home game, which I hope more than anything is celebrations all round...come on you city boys...

I remember Kustard - very entertaining poster. My old id (Eddie Hitler) also disappeared. You were contemporary with Father Red and some bloke with a girl's name as I remember it, and certainly one of the forum's "top boys".

did you not see who set up both goals against yeovil?

lets just get behind them and stop slagging single players off, this is the team thats almost got us up.

• Admin
I remember Kustard - very entertaining poster. My old id (Eddie Hitler) also disappeared. You were contemporary with Father Red and some bloke with a girl's name as I remember it, and certainly one of the forum's "top boys".

Moi?

or Judeeeeeeeee?

But welcome back Mr Hitler. I could tell you had frequented this place previously but couldn't place just who you were.....

I didnt quite get why he did it anyway. What a plonker Carlilse had possesion at the time!! The stewards were a bit slow getting him off the pitch then later there was another fan on the pitch. Perhaps they make a habit of pitch invasions there!!

reminded me of Torquay back in the days & Brentford or was it chesterfield ...mmmmmmmmmm

What a game what a atmosphere, what a comeback. Good result Bradley Orr was well up for it today. We ground out a result today. Didn't stop singing the whole second half. If they play like they did in the second half against Millwall next week the Championship here we come.

You posted at 7.56pm.....after the game at carlisle finished at 4.50pm...how did you get home mate, helicopter??!!

Fantastic 2nd half display. Fans didn't stop singing for 90 mins. Orrs goal incredible. Was anyone lucky enough to be in the coaches stoned by the Carlisle Under 12's Ultras? Pesky little beggars ran 500 yards over the border to get away.

........... the funniest thing about those tiny little terrorways was the fact that the first coach they stoned, (and they were using pea sized gravel, to match their brain size!) was one of their own!!.

Poor little sods have yet to read and write!!.

:ph34r:

Moi?

or Judeeeeeeeee?

But welcome back Mr Hitler. I could tell you had frequented this place previously but couldn't place just who you were.....

Madger - Jude is the one I was thinking of. I wouldn't forget Madger and, as you have pointed out, adding the "r" means it is no longer a girl's name.

Cynic - I have indeed mellowed, alll these nearly promotions are enough to wear anyone down. This time pleeeease.

Percy Parrot is a very occasional poster these days but good to see he's still around.

Can't believe no one is commenting on the idiotic home fan who tackled Wilson - what a plonker!

. far from being banned, he is now in training for Carlisle's next game!!,

and at least he was entertaining unlike the second #### who ran onto the pitch!!,

Bet the City chorus of..... "you're a #######! is still ringing in his ears!!,

:handbags:

Madger - Jude is the one I was thinking of. I wouldn't forget Madger and, as you have pointed out, adding the "r" means it is no longer a girl's name.

Cynic - I have indeed mellowed, alll these nearly promotions are enough to wear anyone down. This time pleeeease.

Percy Parrot is a very occasional poster these days but good to see he's still around.

Hi Hitler...good to hear from you. I think we should try and get back all the oldies who used to post on here... It was confusing as Jude is a bloke and I am a girl (but back then everyone thought I was a bloke). Yes bring back Percy Parrot, whatever happened to RichieB my best friend :tounge: And is Robbored still on here? Oh there were loads more but my aging brain can't remember them all... I used to have such fun, but it is quite addictive and did nothing else with my life but post on here!!!

Oh there were loads more but my aging brain can't remember them all... I used to have such fun, but it is quite addictive and did nothing else with my life but post on here!!!

I used to enjoy reading 'Billy Mercer's gloves' anyone remember him? Also, more recently, haven't seen 'Rich, the girlfriend supports City' for a while - he was a Swinedon fan - maybe they split up :dunno:

I used to enjoy reading 'Billy Mercer's gloves' anyone remember him? Also, more recently, haven't seen 'Rich, the girlfriend supports City' for a while - he was a Swinedon fan - maybe they split up :dunno:

Rich still posts on here but see him more in the footy forum these days.

Archived