IGNORED

Well Done

United_

Just thought id come on here and say how impressed I was with firstly your team and also your support.

I thought to be fair we dominated most of the first half and were unlucky not to go in at half time leading. But second half your boys came out like a different team to the first half and played some great stuff and scored 2 fantastic goals. I didnt think we actually played bad second half, its just that you lot were 10 times better than you were in the first half. Your number 8, Noble? is a top top player at this level. Very impressed with you lot and could see why you are where you are in the league.

As for your support, best we've had up here all season by a mile. Impressive amount of you considering the distance (id guess around 1700) and very vocal aswell throughout.

Good luck in the Championship next season. Hopefully we'll be there with you but we have a lot of work to do after today's result.

The Blues are going up!!! I hope :englandflag:

Just thought id come on here and say how impressed I was with firstly your team and also your support.

I thought to be fair we dominated most of the first half and were unlucky not to go in at half time leading. But second half your boys came out like a different team to the first half and played some great stuff and scored 2 fantastic goals. I didnt think we actually played bad second half, its just that you lot were 10 times better than you were in the first half. Your number 8, Noble? is a top top player at this level. Very impressed with you lot and could see why you are where you are in the league.

As for your support, best we've had up here all season by a mile. Impressive amount of you considering the distance (id guess around 1700) and very vocal aswell throughout.

Good luck in the Championship next season. Hopefully we'll be there with you but we have a lot of work to do after today's result.

thanks for your honest opinion.could'nt make it today due to work but glad to hear we made a match of it.good luck for the rest of the season.

......and from a rovers fan too (a female so don't be nasty!!), a great result for you and I hope you enjoy your promotion party at Millwall (be careful ladies and gents!).best of luck in the championship.

Thanks, and OH YES.

Thanks for your comment's I'm hoping you go up through the playoff so I have another short trip. Thought you played well first half but soon as we scored your supporters seemed to go very quite.

Argyle fan here.

Not in the habit of giving you boys plaudits but well done.

It will be good to play you lot next year and should mean bumper crowds at both places.

A few tips for the Championships, watch out (big time) for timewasting, diving and remember, in League One, you can make a few mistakes and get away with it, in the CCC, they'll bite you on the ass.

Once again, well done Robins.

Bingo, that's exactly how I thought it was.

As for your photos, did the camera man try and pick all the funny stances?

Some match pics here

Excellent photos - slightly biased to Carlisle players but that makes sense!

Thanks for having the strength of character to post something positive about an opposition team who have just taken three points from you when you've been on such a good winning run.

Genuine b*lls of steel!!

Hope you can squeeze into the play-offs and win at Wembley. Beating a team like Forest in the final would probably help bury the pain of losing the Auto Windscreens Shield in 2003. Who knows it may even feel better!!

What a thoroughly nice chap you are! Still got framed photos on the wall with random Carlisle fans in Cardiff four years ago - the best is a group photo outside Cardiff Central that was hijacked by a bunch of Carlisle fans who had just arrived and saw the photo opportunity as soon as they left the station.. even my parents have one of the photos with them on the wall, so if nothing else you can count on me old nags vote :)

It takes nothing away from your passion for your side to have clapped our lads off and come on here with such generous comments, and I for one will remember to think positively about your club - in the same way we're in credit with Preston fans for being so generous to them when they celebrated promotion in Bristol five years ago. True football fans and a credit in every sense to your club. I hope you do it via the play offs.

Thanks mate.

You are right, you were by far the better side in the first half. Your lot played some good football and dominated.

We were all over the place, and to be honest should have gone in two or three down. You must have been gutted with the half time equaliser.

Anyway that's football.

We came up on Friday and met some good friendly Carlisle fans who talked a lot of sense (more sense than some of our own!!!) and as a result we've had a great couple of days.

Thanks for the hospitality, the good comments and most importantly, the three points.

Good luck for the future.

Tell you what, you aint out of it all. Keep the faith. Having read what people said on here and listening yesterday, you guys did ok first half..Forest are the guys to beat. No reason why you cant beat them in the pray off lottery...beleive me we know!

Good luck with the rst of the season.

Pity the play offs aren't in Cardiff this year or Carlisle fans would have been very welcome guests in Bristol for the weekend, we've had them all here for the past few years but no one we actually like, with the possible exception of Peter Kay as part of the Bolton masses who stayed over. West Ham fans possibly the most irritating. Can't remember who the two Northern clubs were who turned the centre into a war zone on a Sunday afternoon in 2003, but yeah, Carlisle would have been most welcome if the playoffs were over this way this year. Would be great to think you could upset the odds (and Mr. Calderwood) and get yet another promotion.

This has got to be the most heartening thread I've ever read on the forum !

The fact that you've taken the time out, when you must be gutted, to praise the oposition, makes you top bloke/women in my book.

May I send you heart felt, and sincere regards, for the future, you and your team, for restoring my faith in the human race !

God bless.

On the playing side you rather got out of jail,should have been out of sight in the first half,second half was very even ,the difference was 2 quality finishes.Although dissapointed we have to take the possitives out of the game and if we play like we did in the first half for the full 90 next week against Swansea there is no reason why we cant beat them.Great to see some away fans at our place ,BP can lack atmosphere at times due to the lack of away numbers who travel to the northern outpost,but today the atmosphere was good.Last week at Rotherham we gave the Rotherham players a standing ovation at the end of the game (we know what its like to be relegated),similar to yesterday with your team.Carlisle fans in general are a good loyal bunch and we have been through the mill in the last 10 years .Promotions,relegations- almost extintion but we follow in comparitive good numbers and praise and give credit where it is due whoever the team is.Good luck in the Championship and you never know we may yet be at your place next season,but please make it NOT a cold tuesday night in december like this year.

Archived