IGNORED

Jamie Mccombe

Rudolf Hucker

Turning point for me in the second half, with the score at 1-1, was the tackle made by Jamie when it looked odds on that the Carlisle striker was going to be in on goal. McCombe slid in to challenge - an inch either way and he risked conceding a penalty - and somehow came out with the ball. It was the moment which seemed to galvanise and inspire the team.

I know I'm biased but I considered it BobbyMoore-esque. Anyone else agree?

Fantastic tackle. Especially when you think of the consequences, had he got it wrong...

It would have been a penalty for them, which could have changed the whole result and we could have been without a key player for the rest of the run-in.

Spot on Jamie - what a class defender.

What a tackle and goal, add to the equation that he had a sleepless Friday night with a virus & I reckon all bets are off on the player of the year. Future captain & legend of AG - Boom Boom McCombe - I salute you!

world class tackle.

if he had even slightly miss timed it he would have been sent off. should great bottle with the tackle

JAMIE I SALUTE YOU!

:goingup: :goingup:

What also helped galvanise and inspire the City fans in the second half was the arrival of "Rod Stewart". Made the noise level rise - even that Carlisle stewards and police were laughing.

That was brilliantly funny. He then came and sat down next to me and my mates afterwards, which made me laugh even more.

You're right though, the Carlisle stewards and police were laughing too. Makes a bloody change though.

Rod Stewart=City Legend

Turning point for me in the second half, with the score at 1-1, was the tackle made by Jamie when it looked odds on that the Carlisle striker was going to be in on goal. McCombe slid in to challenge - an inch either way and he risked conceding a penalty - and somehow came out with the ball. It was the moment which seemed to galvanise and inspire the team.

I know I'm biased but I considered it BobbyMoore-esque. Anyone else agree?

Top player, agree with you all the way. Living near scunnie and lincoln i've had plenty of people telling me what a donkey he was, but he's been a top player this season. Part of the spine off a very good championship team for next season imo.

As is the Carlisle fan intercepting a Brian Wilson pass, hilarious !

It was funny at the time. However, looking at the highlights on World I think that the gentleman has special needs and was seated on the reserved seating at the edge of the pitch. It seemed that the Carlisle players were all very aware of who he was and quickly intervened to prevent Bradley losing his temper with the guy. He was helped from the playing area rather than dragged away from it as is the norm in such situations, and quickly joined by a lady who had been sat with him.

I think therefore that we can excuse his actions.

Just thank goodness that he didn't trip over any advertising hoardings running onto the pitch, in defiance of Health & Safety legislation. :whistle:

Top player, agree with you all the way. Living near scunnie and lincoln i've had plenty of people telling me what a donkey he was, but he's been a top player this season. Part of the spine off a very good championship team for next season imo.

Ah. What a tackle indeed! Incredible!

However, when I watched the highlights earlier today, it wasn't included - and nor were numerous other incidents that now are included. Am I to assumed there are regular highlights and then 'extended highlights'?

Has this always been the case? Why?

Ah. What a tackle indeed! Incredible!

However, when I watched the highlights earlier today, it wasn't included - and nor were numerous other incidents that now are included. Am I to assumed there are regular highlights and then 'extended highlights'?

Has this always been the case? Why?

I think that they rush out the goals the day following a match and follow it up with extended highlights a day or so later. Extended highlights are available on World for most of the matches this season.

Archived