IGNORED

Millwall.

Rednready

Over the last couple of months, I will highlight their performances against teams in and around the top six.

Away to Yeovil... Win 1-0

Away to Oldham..Win 2-1

Away to Blackpool.Win1-0

Home to Carlisle...Win 2-0

Home to Swansea..Win 2-0

Home to Forest....Win 1-0

They, like the rest of teams have had some bad results against lower clubs, but against these top 6 clubs they have done very well. What struck me was the City type results, only one goal against them in these 6 difficult fixtures. On the weekend they took an early goal against Huddersfield, used "crunching tackles" then sat back and lost.

Should we go at them hard from the first whistle, what tactics would the forum suggest ?

Last home game, and they are spoilers. They will be up for it.

I think go at them with our quick passing game from the outset, don't let them get settled. Put them on the ropes early, and get it over with early ! 2-0 by half time would suit all of us.

We should definately go there to win, and I'm sure we will go there with such intent.

In saying that, it's not a disaster if we lose next week as even if Forest/Blackpool win, they'll both still be 1 and 2 points behind respectively. With Rotherham to come on the last day, I'm sure their manager Mark Robins remembers his loan spell with us fondly and wouldn't begrudge us beating them if it came to it! :shifty:

Indeed Millwall have done well against the top teams, and our final adversaries Rotherham are no bunnies either !

Against the top 4, last time out.

S****horpe Away, Lost 0-1

City Home, Draw 1-1

Forest Away, Draw 1-1

Blackpool Home, Win 1-0

Thats remarkably good for a relegation team, I don't think they will be helping with our celebration by rolling over. We will have to win it.

Archived