IGNORED

Balloons And Confetti At Millwall

Portishead Red

Can you imagine the sight the lads would walk out to if every City fan took a single red or white balloon and tore up an old newspaper? So how about it? Jay, you seem to be the man in organising things like this (well, foam hands) would you be up for handing out red and white balloons at Millwall - Or anybody else? Perhaps somebodys employer or company could supply us with some with their company logo on? Lets turn this game into a real carnival. Bring your own balloons and old newspapers and rip em up when the lads come out for kick off.

What d'ya reckon?

Guest ashtonyate
Can you imagine the sight the lads would walk out to if every City fan took a single red or white balloon and tore up an old newspaper? So how about it? Jay, you seem to be the man in organising things like this (well, foam hands) would you be up for handing out red and white balloons at Millwall - Or anybody else? Perhaps somebodys employer or company could supply us with some with their company logo on? Lets turn this game into a real carnival. Bring your own balloons and old newspapers and rip em up when the lads come out for kick off.

What d'ya reckon?

Bring your own first aid kit would be better, I really am worried for our fans safety i remember back in the 70s how bad it was.

Its better now but there is still some old scores they might wanted to settle they would loved to ruining our party

Bring your own first aid kit would be better, I really am worried for our fans safety i remember back in the 70s how bad it was.

Its better now but there is still some old scores they might wanted to settle they would loved to ruining our party

Yeah especially when they are guaranteed to go on the pitch at the end as its there last home game i believe? could be a nasty one! All our celebrations will really get them going!

What d'ya reckon?

we'd be a laughing stock

save all that for the rotherham game

Yeah especially when they are guaranteed to go on the pitch at the end as its there last home game i believe? could be a nasty one! All our celebrations will really get them going!

Millwall operate a very strong membership system these days and there is very unlikley to be any trouble within the ground. I've been there for a pitch invasion (?96) so I'm glad they've sorted it.

Police are also very good at marshalling away fans back to the train so ticketholders should have no troouble at all.

However I wouldn't be travelling down without a ticket and milling around. It's not a nice area.

I cant see there being to much to worry about yeah there going to run on the pitch but I'm sure the old bill will do there best to keep them a safe distance away from us also were in the top tier for god sake stop worrying

Guest ashtonyate

As well stopping them getting to the play offs

I thik it would be a great idea should we get promoted, it could look a bit silly if we don't.

do not think like that just do it anyway. :englandsmile4wf:

come on every one get in on this and bring an old newspaper and a red or white balloon and it will look amazing for the players, lets push them to promotion.

motovation.

but it will only work if a lot do it.

we could make this amazing.

:goingup: :goingup: :goingup: :goingup: :goingup: :goingup: :goingup: :goingup: :goingup:

if the fans do there bit

Should be decent atmosphere on Saturday although i wouldn't advise anyone coming down without tickets to hang around the ground as you'll be picked off and the local hostelries don't take kindly to accents, also any City fans thinking of sitting in amongst our supporters would have to sit on there hands in silence, as there have been a few nasty incidents in the past when away fans have tried it. If you've got tickets come down and enjoy the game as it should be a cracker, despite our defeat yesterday we've been playing well having beaten both Swansea and Forest at our place recently, as for R & W balloons and confetti this would be more like a red rag to the locals!

So it's probably best then, that if we do happen to clinch promotion at the New Den next Saturday, that instead of celebrating it with balloons, singing, euphoria etc. that we just stay quiet all game and applaud respectfully after the final whistle.

Nah, that's not going to happen, is it. After all these years in this crappy division, do you really think that over 2000 Ciderheads are going to keep quiet just in case it upsets the locals. I don't think so.

Millwall you may be, but we are Bristol City, and if we want to party, party we will.

So it's probably best then, that if we do happen to clinch promotion at the New Den next Saturday, that instead of celebrating it with balloons, singing, euphoria etc. that we just stay quiet all game and applaud respectfully after the final whistle.

Nah, that's not going to happen, is it. After all these years in this crappy division, do you really think that over 2000 Ciderheads are going to keep quiet just in case it upsets the locals. I don't think so.

Millwall you may be, but we are Bristol City, and if we want to party, party we will.

Come and enjoy it by all means, sing, shout do what you want but if you are intending bringing balloons & confetti it would be a better idea to leave them 'til after the game also don't even think of celebrating (if theres anything to celebrate) if you're not sitting in the right end otherwise things will get nasty!

Why do people want to imitate Yeovil fans with their stupid balloons etc. It's for small town teams on their big day out in the FA Cup.

Have some credibility and self respect, we're not 8 year olds.

Flax is right, laughing stock.

Who needs balloons when all they will be used for is to pop when you get pissed off when the kids are still playing with them half hour into the game.

A proper atmosphere is created by 2,150 city fans cheering and singing the boys on to the championship!

Guest east_dundry_red
Who needs balloons when all they will be used for is to pop when you get pissed off when the kids are still playing with them half hour into the game.

A proper atmosphere is created by 2,150 city fans cheering and singing the boys on to the championship!

Will your a barrel of laughs today are you, miserable b@stard!

If people want to bring along ballons ect then fair play to them, anything that adds to the colour/atmosphere of the away end is brilliant. Everybody should be allowed to enjoy the day and not have moaning muppets tell them they cant have some fun by bringing along ballons.

Will your a barrel of laughs today are you, miserable b@stard!

If people want to bring along ballons ect then fair play to them, anything that adds to the colour/atmosphere of the away end is brilliant. Everybody should be allowed to enjoy the day and not have moaning muppets tell them they cant have some fun by bringing along ballons.

Its monday morning so excuse me. Your probably right but i still stand by my statement that a proper atmosphere is made by the whole stand singing there hearts out.

just as long as we get over the finish line next saturday then that's all that matters.

Why do people want to imitate Yeovil fans with their stupid balloons etc. It's for small town teams on their big day out in the FA Cup.

Have some credibility and self respect, we're not 8 year olds.

Flax is right, laughing stock.

totally agree!

we'd be a laughing stock

save all that for the rotherham game

Ummmm.....why?!

All we'd be trying to do is make an awesome atmosphere......as it would happen BEFORE the game kicks off, its hardly a party is it? It was intended to "gee the players up".

Seems like most of the posters think its a good idea so fingers crossed it happens.

You obviously wernt at the games when the atyeo was an open end and teams like Leicester and pompey used torn up paper and balloons to greet their team. It was a trully awesome sight and i can still remember it as if it were yesterday.

goodness there is some misurable people out there.if people want to make the stand red and white to get the players goin and all that then let them.if i was a player and i came down that tunnel and saw a standfull of people singing there harts out with red and white balloons goin everywhere i would give it a bit more.

i think there are a lot who want to make a good atmosphere with balloons ect. so just do it who wants to.fair play to portishhead red for trying.it me and him both take balloons you will see on the photos how good it looks.so come on who else is in.

Archived